I would fire the IT person in charge of the website

Longhorn-ED

I would not fire the IT director at Celebrity. I would fire the whole group.

I would outsource the entire department to a company that has a proven track record.

Celebrity's IT department has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, over a good amount of time, that they are incapable of developing or maintaining a fairly straightforward customer information system.

It is high time that Celebrity senior management wake up, smell the roses, and outsource this bunch of bumbling amateurs. The site, and it's management is an inhibitor to customer satisfaction and probably to on line sales.

Edited by iancal

It's a complete nightmare, as is RCCL's.

And don't even get me started on trying to make dining reservations. Spent a solid hour, got halfway through in an hour, and it kicked me out and lost everything I did. Took about 5-10 minutes just to get from one day to another.

Ditto and double Ditto. I had the same experience trying to get dining reservations; spent 40 minutes on a laborious day by day process only to be "kicked off" after day eight of a fourteen day cruise. Wasted 40 minutes and ultimately called the captains club telephone to make the reservations.

What Celebrity does not realize is that an efficient website saves them money. I have often seen, on other commercial websites, a "parting shot" screen which asks for website feedback. This only reinforces the feeling that Celebrity manifests a certain corporate arrogance. (don't get me started on the new policy of Caribbean overnights due to overwhelming demand...it seems that Cruise Critic members, according to a forum poll, are AGAINST it by a margin of two to one).

New modern luxury. They are deliberately doing this to discourage the older generation that is no longer their targeted market. They want the younger generation that is more tech savvy so they try to constantly change stuff to confuse the older generation that is not as receptive to technical change. :D

happy cruising

My guess is that the younger generation is just as frustrated with this malfunctioning website as us old folks. One difference: their target market expects a functioning website and will not pick up the phone to call Celebrity. Thus, lost sales. The sooner Celebrity figures this out and makes the website functional, the more luck they'll have in attracting their target market. But don't hold your breath. Frankly, I think Celebrity hasn't a clue.

Linda

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Ditto and double Ditto. I had the same experience trying to get dining reservations; spent 40 minutes on a laborious day by day process only to be "kicked off" after day eight of a fourteen day cruise. Wasted 40 minutes and ultimately called the captains club telephone to make the reservations.

What Celebrity does not realize is that an efficient website saves them money. I have often seen, on other commercial websites, a "parting shot" screen which asks for website feedback. This only reinforces the feeling that Celebrity manifests a certain corporate arrogance. (don't get me started on the new policy of Caribbean overnights due to overwhelming demand...it seems that Cruise Critic members, according to a forum poll, are AGAINST it by a margin of two to one).

Exactly. I was on about day 8 or 9 of a 15-day cruise (making dining reservations), and no joke, I had already spent an hour, got thrown off, and called Captain's Club. Funny, they were able to do all 15 days in about 5 minutes.

And, yes, I'm using Chrome, have high-speed Internet, etc. No problems w/any other site...

Tried to book obc online, having logged on it then didn't recognise my reservation No (which I used to log on !!) This happened time after time ,had to use the telephone ! .CELEBRITY I'M A CUSTOMER THAT WANTS TO CRUISE WITH YOU BUT............................

My guess is that the younger generation is just as frustrated with this malfunctioning website as us old folks. One difference: their target market expects a functioning website and will not pick up the phone to call Celebrity. Thus, lost sales. The sooner Celebrity figures this out and makes the website functional, the more luck they'll have in attracting their target market. But don't hold your breath. Frankly, I think Celebrity hasn't a clue.

Linda

Agree 100%. We (first time cruisers, early 30's) had a difficult time booking our first cruise with Celebrity, and got so frustrated we almost gave up on the cruise entirely. Last August we attempted an online booking, made it 90% of the way through the booking process on their website, and could not get the reservation to complete. We ended up on the phone for about an hour to actually make the booking, which is really silly compared to several other trips we have easily booked online within minutes. We had a lot of doubt going into the trip after our initial booking experience, but fortunately our experience on the ship was MUCH better than the web experience:) The actual product Celebrity delivers is really undermined by their inadequate website.

Agree 100%. We (first time cruisers, early 30's) had a difficult time booking our first cruise with Celebrity, and got so frustrated we almost gave up on the cruise entirely. Last August we attempted an online booking, made it 90% of the way through the booking process on their website, and could not get the reservation to complete. We ended up on the phone for about an hour to actually make the booking, which is really silly compared to several other trips we have easily booked online within minutes. We had a lot of doubt going into the trip after our initial booking experience, but fortunately our experience on the ship was MUCH better than the web experience:) The actual product Celebrity delivers is really undermined by their inadequate website.

Are you LISTENING Royal? Since you OWN Celebrity?

They seem to be displayed in a random way or the order of being added.

I am able to have more than two added. Did you check if there is the "View All" link right next to the second cruise?

Yes. Thankyou. The Show All worked. The cruise "missing" was the most recently booked and also the next one I am on.

I just got an email from Celebrity saying that time is running out on their current deals. Then they sent me to the Celebrity website. Good luck with that!:eek:

That is why it is such a great deal. Offer the moon but make it impossible to book. Like the old vaudeville routine about the guy complaining to the person selling apples for 25 cents telling him that the guy down the block is selling them for a dime. He was told to go there and buy one. The complainer said they are sold out. The seller said I would be selling mine for a nickel if I was sold out. Appears as if Celebrity is waving the carrot on a stick.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Their Website is just a joke, and a VERY bad joke. We have our second Celebrity Cruise in March, we experienced many "glitches" with the Website for our last one but kept being assured that they were addressing them. It seems that they have, and made it worse. No response from Celebrity to emails from us for clarifications, and now an Itinerary change and an unwanted overnight with dropped port- with no heads up from Celebrity! The Website still shows the old Itinerary under our booking and forget trying to plan shore excursions. In spite of a terrific onboard experience (how long before that experiences "glitches") all this makes future bookings from us highly unlikely!

Someone forward this thread on to Celerity POC - Andy?

Good post Host Andy. Why don't you copy it and send it to headquarters in MIA? Just maybe someone will read it.

The new person they have hired to fix the problem apparently doesn' get it as I see little or no imrovement. I too believe in KISS and wish they would soon get a clue.

I have been trying for years go get the emails with surveys, announcements, whathaveyou from Celebrity and the keep insisting all is fixed but as of yesterday I still have not received my first email. Missed the Mardi Gras cruise because not informed and by the time I read about it on Message boards all AQUA was sold out. I then booked 10 night Caribbean curise and Celebrity saw fit to alter (as they can) the itinerary and cancel the port I wanted to visit and give me an overnight in St. Maarten. I still have not been notified of this change and only know about it because of the threads on Message Boards.

Their entire computer system needs to be fixed. I recently found out they had 8 different address for me and 6 of those were in cities and states where I have never lived. They can't explain how that happened and I am not believing it is fixed even though the assure me it is.

Maybe some foreign country is controlling their computers. Just a thought.

which Caribbean cruise gave you an overnight in St Martin and which port was cancelled? I'm on a 10 nighter in March on the Equinox and wonder if we're affected. Thanks for posting.

Hi Everyone,

I've seen the new website updates. Not only do they not look appealing, but it's even more difficult to find the information you seek. Too many clicks ! When I finally get to where I want to be.... some of the information appears to be inaccurate. I tried searching a few cruises tonight, and gave up. Of course, I can appreciate that it's a work in progress, but there's little excuse to letting this go "live", until you feel extremely confident about the updates. If they feel good about this latest update, that's pretty scary.

When it comes to the website, and, as I've said for years, I'm convinced of four things :

1) If Celebrity *ever* wants a premier website, they MUST build it from the ground up, and stop patching the existing website. From what I've heard, it's old technology, and (IMO) too far gone. Unless they can find a Houdini... patching will not work, as witnessed from the updates of the past few years.

2) It will likely take a huge investment to resolve this once and for all. Sadly, it seems that RCCL/Celebrity is not willing to spend what it will take. With all due respect, that's totally insane thinking, as the current website must be costing them lost revenues every which way... every minute of every hour, of every day. Tick-tock, tick-tock. I'm totally convinced that a world class website would pay for itself in a relatively short amount of time.

3) The creative folks behind the website probably never cruise, nor understand cruising from a consumer perspective. It seems they have little to no idea of what cruisers want on Celebrity's website. I'm a huge fan of keeping things simple and user friendly. It's all about obtaining accurate information with the least amount of clicks. What they have right now, is a complicated weave of confusion. Nobody likes wasting their time.

I must ask... If your best current option is to visit other websites to find your Celebrity cruise information and pricing, how can that possibly be a good thing for Celebrity or it's guests ? What if you were to look elsewhere, and find a great deal on another cruise line ? Celebrity just lost a sale. Not good.

4) If only Celebrity reached out to some of their guests, and held focus groups, or online chat sessions, I'm confident they could learn a great deal.

I'm the eternal optimist. I always hope for the best, but I usually wind up disappointed - especially when it comes to the website. I hope Celebrity will find a way to get this on the right track - but it's going to take some serious money to do it right. Surely RCCL can afford it, as business is very solid... but will they make it happen ? That's the big question.

So true. The website is beyond pathetic. I was searching for a Spain, Portugal Iberian cruise and result for land +cruise in Alaska kept showing.Incidentally followed by multiple e-mails for Alaska cruises. It got so frustrating that I began looking at other cruiseline/options. Result after multiple X cruises booked we booked a river cruise with AMA. Their website give you information and you can request a quote on a particular itinerary and rec it quickly. The details of the trip are spelled out. So if a small company such as AMA can have a coherent website why can't RCCL/X?

Carole

You would think as much money as X And RC make they could fix the website. These problems have been happening for years. When they hired a new it head she was suppose to fix these nightmares. Guess their plan isn't working.

which Caribbean cruise gave you an overnight in St Martin and which port was cancelled? I'm on a 10 nighter in March on the Equinox and wonder if we're affected. Thanks for posting.

Equinox March 24, 2017 the cancelled Dominica and added overnight in St. Maarten. It is a 10 night cruise. Better check your.

Equinox March 24, 2017 the cancelled Dominica and added overnight in St. Maarten. It is a 10 night cruise. Better check your.

thanks...Dominica still shows on X website...I went to 'another' booking site and it shows the overnight in St Martin. What's wrong with the X reps they can't let their clients know of these cancellations? We booked this particular cruise because we've visited the other ports many times and this island was new to us. We're booked March 4th; guess there's problems with this port and it's cancelled across the board.

Edited by oceangoer2

1) If Celebrity *ever* wants a premier website, they MUST build it from the ground up, and stop patching the existing website. From what I've heard, it's old technology, and (IMO) too far gone. Unless they can find a Houdini... patching will not work, as witnessed from the updates of the past few years.

But the VP for Provisioning got a great deal on punch cards a few years ago, and they are determined to use them up before a real upgrade! :D:D:D

It's a complete nightmare, as is RCCL's.

This is what I always wondered when hearing about problems with Celebrity's website over the years [years!] that it has been broken. I wonder if it is a separate website from RCCL's, or if this is all part of the same huge ball of bad code?

That is why it is such a great deal. Offer the moon but make it impossible to book. Like the old vaudeville routine about the guy complaining to the person selling apples for 25 cents telling him that the guy down the block is selling them for a dime. He was told to go there and buy one. The complainer said they are sold out. The seller said I would be selling mine for a nickel if I was sold out. Appears as if Celebrity is waving the carrot on a stick.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

At least they haven't dropped to the level of Mr. Miggle's store in the Pogo comic strip, where apples were 25 cents each or 3 for a dollar. :D