star princess room service

smithius

Does anyone have a copy of the room service menu for the Star? I can't seem to find one and would love to see what our options are. It's a Hawaiian cruise if that helps (sorry, I'm new at cruising). Thank you :)

From another thread

ROOM SERVICE MENU – PRINCESS CRUISES

SANDWICHES

ROAST BEEF

ROAST TURKEY BREAST

TUNA SALAD

VEGETARIAN SANDWICH

CLUB HOUSE

All sandwiches are served with your choice

of french fries, potato chips or coleslaw.

SALADS

ASSORTED MIXED GARDEN GREENS

CHEF'S SALAD

CAESAR SALAD WITH CHICKEN STRIPS

HOT FROM THE GALLEY

SOUP OF THE DAY

BEEF BROTH WITH STRIPS OF VEGETABLES

CROQUE MONSIEUR - Grilled ham and Swiss cheese

GRILLED HAMBURGER OR CHEESEBURGER

BALL PARK-STYLE HOT DOG

FROM THE PASTRY SHOP

CARMEL FLAN

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE

CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

With chantilly cream.

FROM THE PANTRY

Coffee, tea and milk are available 24 hours

Edited by JF - retired RRT

$3.00 for pizza, no charge for anything else. There is a charge for orders after 11PM.

There is not a charge for food after 11 pm on Princess, unlike other cruise lines like Royal Caribbean and NCL (actually NCL charges for all room service).

I was on the Star in early March (to Hawaii & back).

Room Service was very prompt at breakfast! If I marked that I wanted my order between 8:00 & 8:30, it was there at 8:00!

That was true every morning that I ordered (port days). Even on the last day, back in San Francisco, I'd marked 7:00-7:30 & it came at 7:10. This was also the first time I'd been able to order on the last morning -- maybe something new(?)

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Star's 7 day Alaska to Vancouver cruise this past week and while the only charge for food shown on the menu was a $3.00 charge for pizza, there is actually a $2 gratuity automatically charged every time. Princess sneaks that little fact in well away from the menu. I didn't realize this until saw a $4 gratuity charge on my card and told my husband I was accidentally double charged for the tip I gave the RS attendant. (I felt like such a pain to be ordering a glass of milk at 2am I tipped the guy $2.) There is an option for giving a gratuity you have to fill in yourself when you sign the RS receipt.

I assumed my husband had also tipped RS since we only ordered it in the middle of the night and I felt really guilty about it for some reason. When I commented on the $4 charge I found out my husband never tipped so I sat down and read through the info binder a little more carefully.

Not quite sure how Princess can claim there's no room service fees and then charge a $2 gratuity (regardless of what you order or the time.) I assume they get away with it only because the gratuity fee info pops up somewhere else.

For $4 my glass of milk could've at least been colder than room temp.

Not quite sure how Princess can claim there's no room service fees and then charge a $2 gratuity (regardless of what you order or the time.) I assume they get away with it only because the gratuity fee info pops up somewhere else.

There is no auto tip for room service on Princess, no matter what you order or when you order it.

There is no auto tip for room service on Princess, no matter what you order or when you order it.

True. I have never been charged a tip, but I do offer one, usually in cash. Some people just have a problem with tipping, period. ;)

I was on the Star's 7 day Alaska to Vancouver cruise this past week and while the only charge for food shown on the menu was a $3.00 charge for pizza, there is actually a $2 gratuity automatically charged every time. Princess sneaks that little fact in well away from the menu. I didn't realize this until saw a $4 gratuity charge on my card and told my husband I was accidentally double charged for the tip I gave the RS attendant. (I felt like such a pain to be ordering a glass of milk at 2am I tipped the guy $2.) There is an option for giving a gratuity you have to fill in yourself when you sign the RS receipt.

I assumed my husband had also tipped RS since we only ordered it in the middle of the night and I felt really guilty about it for some reason. When I commented on the $4 charge I found out my husband never tipped so I sat down and read through the info binder a little more carefully.

For $4 my glass of milk could've at least been colder than room temp.

In the photos above can you point out where it indicates the $2 charge?

I've been cruising on Princess for 23 years and have never been charged for room service delivery, except for the pizza. I do tip in cash, though. I know there was talk that the Regal was going to start charging for room service, but they rescinded the decision. Is there a new charge for middle of the night room service?

I've been cruising on Princess for 23 years and have never been charged for room service delivery, except for the pizza. I do tip in cash, though. I know there was talk that the Regal was going to start charging for room service, but they rescinded the decision. Is there a new charge for middle of the night room service?

No.

I'm not sure where it is in the stateroom notebook. I believe it's after the in room catering info. What I can tell you is that I am looking at the passenger folios for both my husband and myself and we have a $2 charge that coincides with every call made to room service except the one time I purposely gave a tip. There's a $4 charge for that one.

I have no idea what the code under remarks means. I thought it was the id# for the delivery person, but the code is the same every time and the person was not. I did notice that we were not charged for a gratuity the one time we had breakfast sent to the room using the little form they leave for you every night.

I'm not sure where it is in the stateroom notebook. I believe it's after the in room catering info. What I can tell you is that I am looking at the passenger folios for both my husband and myself and we have a $2 charge that coincides with every call made to room service except the one time I purposely gave a tip. There's a $4 charge for that one.

I have no idea what the code under remarks means. I thought it was the id# for the delivery person, but the code is the same every time and the person was not. I did notice that we were not charged for a gratuity the one time we had breakfast sent to the room using the little form they leave for you every night.

Look as if they added a $2 tip each time.