Do You Follow Celebrity on Social?

We had an offer recently where we were giving extra Captain's Club points. We linked to our website, and the post was removed.

If posted by you (Official Celebrity Cruises) it IS advertising.

The only way it could legitimately get posted on here would be for a CC member to find out about it and post the info.

We had an offer recently where we were giving extra Captain's Club points. We linked to our website, and the post was removed.

I can see where that might have been considered "advertising" since the information was designed to promote sales. I've had some things removed that left me scratching my head, but the Moderators interpret the rules as they view them. My guess is that your last post and my current response will be removed since the decision of the Moderators is final and cannot be discussed.

One idea that pops into my mind is that perhaps there could be a Sticky for information from Celebrity that is not open to general discussion. This could be done for other lines as well.

No one is better qualified to discuss Social Media than Host Andy. He not only is Media say, but is also a very loyal Celebrity cruiser. Perhaps it would be helpful to talk directly to him.

Edited by Orator

I went back and looked at the Celebrity FB page and left you a comment there. I think your social media team could do a lot better job of humanizing your corporation with behind the scenes stories, interesting information, personalities and encourage customers to post their stories. Companies like Ancestry do this, and others such as entertainment companies showcase their stars so it seems much more friendly and less commercial and marketing.

The "Grass is Greener" promo photo currently on your FB site is a real turn off as it's INCREDIBLY fake. Everyone understands that marketing photos are staged but that one is just cheesy.

BTW, I'm 59, and read FB every day. My teenaged kids tell me FB is only for old people. They prefer Instagram. To use social media effectively, you really have to hit all of them and it takes a dedicated team to keep up with it. Good luck to you.

I went back and looked at the Celebrity FB page and left you a comment there. I think your social media team could do a lot better job of humanizing your corporation with behind the scenes stories, interesting information, personalities and encourage customers to post their stories. Companies like Ancestry do this, and others such as entertainment companies showcase their stars so it seems much more friendly and less commercial and marketing.

The "Grass is Greener" promo photo currently on your FB site is a real turn off as it's INCREDIBLY fake. Everyone understands that marketing photos are staged but that one is just cheesy.

BTW, I'm 59, and read FB every day. My teenaged kids tell me FB is only for old people. They prefer Instagram. To use social media effectively, you really have to hit all of them and it takes a dedicated team to keep up with it. Good luck to you.

Agree, Cheesy. What does it have to do with cruising? The previous post with Santa legs isn't much better, and got a quick flip by to other posts.

If it's on the Celeb website or sent in e mails, word will get out here soon enough.from Members of the CC Community or our moderators

you have been helpful to folks who have questions or issues to resolve...prefer that assistance to advertising/PR info..

Wish you could have posted info about the changed itin issue including overnights, cancelled ports and the Infinity mess...but any help with X is appreciated....

FB, but I apparently don't visit your FB site regularly enough to have posts show up. Cruise Critic is my source of information on Celebrity Cruises.

Of course I visit your website regularly, but right now it is to see if I'll ever be able to look at shore excursions for my booked cruises. Your site simply "spins" and never shows the available excursions. I'd call Captain's Club, but how can I book excursions when I don't know what is available?

Sorry to delve off topic.

If it's on the Celeb website or sent in e mails, word will get out here soon enough.from Members of the CC Community or our moderators

you have been helpful to folks who have questions or issues to resolve...prefer that assistance to advertising/PR info..

Wish you could have posted info about the changed itin issue including overnights, cancelled ports and the Infinity mess...but any help with X is appreciated....

Hi there,

This team handles Social Media. We have other teams in the company that handle emails, as well as the website.

As for the overnights, we didn't have any additional information to share.

As for Infinity, we shared information as soon as we were able to.

We will always try to assist and answer questions when possible.

Yes I have you as friend on Facebook and see friends of mine posts when they comment to Celebrity on my newsfeed. I also go to your site to check out whats going on and what other people are saying, especially when getting ready to board a Celebrity ship [emoji7]

Also can't forget about http://www.celebritystorybook.com I'm there viewing posts too.

Thank you for sharing!

This is one of our favorite tools, as it allows guests to upload their favorite pictures and stories. Also, if you click on each ship page, you'll see a live feed of content that guests are sharing from each ship.

I follow you on Facebook and Instagram.

Facebook is too much corporate advertising and always professional pictures of the boats far away. I would like to see more pictures of inside the boat or reports of various social happenings that take place during the cruise (parties, sport, shopping, entertainment, bars, excursion reports...).

Good tip to like also the UK Facebook page. Maybe it is less "American".

I am 44 and from Finland.

I follow also on Pinterest. I have a special Pinterest board for cruise ships pictures and a shared board with my husband for planning of future cruise trips and its port activities. Like a visual cruise beforehand.

I follow you on Facebook and Instagram.

Facebook is too much corporate advertising and always professional pictures of the boats far away. I would like to see more pictures of inside the boat or reports of various social happenings that take place during the cruise (parties, sport, shopping, entertainment, bars, excursion reports...).

Good tip to like also the UK Facebook page. Maybe it is less "American".

I am 44 and from Finland.