Inoculation Records

Hi. I am taking my first cruise in Sept on Royal Caribbean out of Galveston, going to Cozumel, Jamaica & Grand Cayman. My question is about an inoculation record. The website for RC has it listed in the "travel document" section. Is it required? I have spoken to other experienced cruisers, and have gotten the same answer. They did not need one. I would feel a lot better if I can more answers lDoes anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance. :)

We have been on many cruises as well and can also concur that there are no "necessary" shots for your upcoming cruise, but you might want to check with your own physician. Anything you might want to get, like flu shot, hepatitis, and tetanus, are completely optional.

You do not need to take documentation of your inoculations for those ports.

Just make certain you have had a flu shot and a tetanus shot.

I would skip the tetanus shot, but would recommend the Hep A and B, plus pneumonia if of that age.

Not needed for your ports. I've never taken inoculation records in the Caribbean, or most other places. There may be a few itineraries that require a specific inoculation (Like Yellow Fever), but not where you are going.

I've been to those ports repeatedly and never needed a shot record.

You may wish to speak with your doctor to see if he or she wants you to have tetanus or any other shots for your protection.

Edited by sail7seas

You do not need inoculation records for any of the islands in the Caribbean that I am familiar with and certainly not the islands you are visiting. However, I would recommend consulting your health care provider or a travel clinic re inoculations rather than depending on any advice you might get on Cruise Critic.

You do not need inoculation records for any of the islands in the Caribbean that I am familiar with and certainly not the islands you are visiting. However, I would recommend consulting your health care provider or a travel clinic re inoculations rather than depending on any advice you might get on Cruise Critic.

Well said.:)

An inoculation record is usually needed when a country you are entering doesn't want a certain disease to get a hold there. That is a separate thing to needing them for your own protection - hence the advice to consult your own healthcare practitioner.