Hotel on San Diego ?

danbo

We are MAYBE doing the 33 day South Pacific Cruise in April 2016 from San Diego to Vancouver ( Home ), whats the Hotel across the Terminal like ? or what would you recommend ? thanks, Danbo

Wyndham across the street is very nice. Try to stay on the water side of the south tower. Your window will look out onto the bow of your ship when she arrives.

Lots about the hotel in the west coast home ports forum

Wyndham San Diego Bayside

1355 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101 US 1-619-232-3861

TripAdvisor Rating

Average TripAdvisor Overall Rating of 3.5 of 5 for Wyndham San Diego Bayside

Based On 804 reviews

CHECK RATES

We live here and it is a wonderful hotel!

It used to be The Holiday in.

We will book here prior to our cruise. We take our local coaster (metro train) from our sea coast home in Encinitas! Walk over and ck in.

Also there is a Hampton Inn up one block from pier terminal and restraunts that is also great! When we can not get a reservation there due to conventions etc, we will book there. Comfortable, but not as upscale as Wyndham!

Enjoy!

Take the cruise! We have done it twice and is wonderful.

Denise:)

I like the Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway. It's behind the Wyndham and over a block. Walking distance to the terminal and lots of stores and restaurants.

Roz

Any where USA we look at both trivago.com & hotwire.com for hotels & pricing .Be aware that hotwire.com has great prices ;but ,once booked you can not cancel .Thus ,you must include the booking cost in your trip insurance .;)

If you get a great price then just take a taxi for a short ride to the pier :D.

Last word is that we check out hotels (can not do it for hotwire before hand) at tripadvisor.com for prior guest comments about the hotel . You can do this using trivago.com ;because you don't pay for it until you book & here you can cancel

We are Hilton honor members with points & we still check out the 2 web sites above .;)

Wyndham San Diego Bayside

1355 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101 US 1-619-232-3861

TripAdvisor Rating

Average TripAdvisor Overall Rating of 3.5 of 5 for Wyndham San Diego Bayside

Based On 804 reviews

CHECK RATES

We live here and it is a wonderful hotel!

It used to be The Holiday in.

We will book here prior to our cruise. We take our local coaster (metro train) from our sea coast home in Encinitas! Walk over and ck in.

Also there is a Hampton Inn up one block from pier terminal and restraunts that is also great! When we can not get a reservation there due to conventions etc, we will book there. Comfortable, but not as upscale as Wyndham!

Enjoy!

Take the cruise! We have done it twice and is wonderful.

We also live in Encinitas . On the day of the cruise we have a limo (no other people ) take us to the cruise port or airport ;which ever applies . Our cost one way (no stops ) is $55 . We are down at the ship in 35 to 40 minutes:D

We are MAYBE doing the 33 day South Pacific Cruise in April 2016 from San Diego to Vancouver ( Home ), whats the Hotel across the Terminal like ? or what would you recommend ? thanks, Danbo

We are doing this cruise from SD to Sydney on Nordam .There is a roll call under Nordam Oct 3,2015 South Pacific.:D

We have stayed many times at the Embassy Suites both pre and post cruise. Not far from the airport or cruise terminal.

It is within walking distance of Seaport Village, Horton Plaza, Ralph's, the Fish Market Restaurant and Midway.

KK, how did you find it please?

We are looking at staying here and I saw mixed reviews on tripadvisor, but as we all know you have to take some reviews with a grain of salt.

If you see this and wouldn't mind elaborating it would be very helpful for the OP as well as us I am sure.

It sounds like you are MAYBE looking at the cruise on the Westerdam?

If you are please drop over and visit our roll call.

We are having fun :)

We stayed there 4 years ago when it was Holiday Inn, and again this year as Wyndham. The best thing about this hotel is the free shuttle to Seaport area, Horton Plaza and the zoo. It's also near the HOHO trolley stop and SEAL tour boats. The worst thing about Wyndham was that they seemed more interested in selling us on their resort offers than in customer service. We were very disappointed in their customer service. Also, be aware that their soaps and bath products are highly scented. I spent our first night there having asthma because of it. We had to go out and buy something from CVS at Horton Plaza as the hotel was unable to supply us with unscented products. Now, I don't have a problem with all scented products, but theirs, although it smelled lovely, immediately gave me asthma. When I went to the front desk to explain the situation and request some unscented products, the young woman actually shrugged and gave me a "what do you want me to do about it?" look.

In April DH stayed in the Westin on W. Broadway on SPG points. As soon as I booked it we received an upgrade email to a water view room for $10. DH said he could see our ship and once he heard the horn blowing he walked down the street 2 blocks and waved to us departing.

Free shuttle to/from the airport.

We also live in Encinitas . On the day of the cruise we have a limo (no other people ) take us to the cruise port or airport ;which ever applies . Our cost one way (no stops ) is $55 . We are down at the ship in 35 to 40 minutes:D

We have done that also! We enjoy going the the night before and enjoy being downtown and the pier!

We have stayed at both the Hampton Inn and the Embassy Suites and find them both quite acceptable for a pre-cruise hotel. The Hampton Inn is close to Little Italy where we very much enjoy having a nice Italian dinner the night before we sail away.

I stayed at the Wyndam when it was a Holiday Inn. Loved being in the tower right across from the pier - it seemed like the ship was coming right into our room in the morning!

From this tower, it is a closer walk to the pier than to the front desk! Came in handy one rainy day.....

We really like the Westin Downtown (not Gaslamp). Service is wonderful, it is walking distance to Horton Plaza and Little Italy. They also have an airport shuttle, which most of the 4* hotels do not. We even walked down to the pier from there. If you are a Starwood member you get free wifi in room if booked though their site, and they have always upgraded us even though we are the lowest status tier in their program.

We have also stayed at the Hampton Inn and it was fine, but does get noise from the rail tracks behind it.

I usually book something that can be cancelled with no penalty and check the prices again 3-4 weeks before to book as prices can really drop. I think a lot of hotels hold space for conventions and then drop the price if rooms remain unbooked.

I stayed at the westgate for around the same price and it was light years better.

The Westgate is one of the best hotels in San Diego. Beautiful, classy, with a super downtown location. International flight crews stay there....what a nice place to recover from jet lag ! :)

The Westgate is one of the best hotels in San Diego. Beautiful, classy, with a super downtown location. International flight crews stay there....what a nice place to recover from jet lag ! :)

The hotel looks gorgeous, but the price is very high right now. We are probably looking at it too early :eek::p