Summit Helipad

Vic The Parrot

Dear Vic the Parrot,

Great name! I do not know if we had invites to the helipad because we were Elite, suite guests or by random choice.

We did really enjoy them though. In hot areas we were served champagne and in colder areas hot chocolate and blankets. I would assume you will be offered champagne! If you would like to experience the helipad let the captains club hoste know when you get on board. I am sure if there is going to be a sailaway event she will be able to look after you.

Have a great cruise.

Dear Vic the Parrot,

Great name! I do not know if we had invites to the helipad because we were Elite, suite guests or by random choice.

We did really enjoy them though. In hot areas we were served champagne and in colder areas hot chocolate and blankets. I would assume you will be offered champagne! If you would like to experience the helipad let the captains club hoste know when you get on board. I am sure if there is going to be a sailaway event she will be able to look after you.

Have a great cruise.

We have been invited and are Elite plus guests- but we often sail in a suite- so I would "assume" that suite guests who are not Elite get invited.

Along with all other UK passengers, we were invited to the Helideck for a St Patricks Day celebration. Captains club status, and room allocation was immaterial - it was just for UK passengers. As far as I can fathom, it is by invitation only, for special events.

What's the advantage of being on the Helipad during sailaway from Bayonne? Better view? Less crowded? I would think you'd get a better view from a higher deck.

Well, obviously, the view is great. But, when it's just the Suite guests (and a few Zeniths) the helipad is not crowded, at all. Contrasted to some helipad sail-aways we've attended, that were Captain's Club events -- which were very crowded! :eek:

What's the advantage of being on the Helipad during sailaway from Bayonne? Better view? Less crowded? I would think you'd get a better view from a higher deck.

If you have a professional camera the helo pad has no Plexiglas around it, perfect views.

CaptDave

• 2 weeks later...
We were invited a couple of weeks ago while the ship left Bayonne. I'm assuming because we were in a suite. So glad we did it. It was very windy but so much fun! I don't believe it was open at any other time.

When did you receive the invitation and at what time was the helipad open at sailaway?

Edited by philpcruiser

When did you receive the invitation and at what time was the helipad open at sailaway?

Well, if you are in a suite, you should receive the invitation, either in your cabin (upon arrival), or in Michael's Club (when you meet the concierge). I seem to recall that we were to meet in the Theater at 4:00 pm -- right after the muster drill. (This was on Summit to Bermuda, in May).

The helipad is occasionally open for all cruise ship guests, irregardless of stateroom category. I have been on the helipad area on four Celebrity cruises. The highest category stateroom I have booked is a standard balcony cabin and have not yet reached Elite level.

Here are two photos from previous trips. #1 is on Infinity through the Panama Canal. #2 is Constellation leaving Stockholm.

Pedro%20Miguel%20Lock.JPG

Leaving%20Stockholm.JPG

Edited by SantaFeFan

On our Alaskan trip on Century, Captain opened the heli deck to all passengers as we approached the Hubbard Glacier. The majority of us stayed higher up on the ship and everyone - on all decks - had fantastic views so not sure what the gain was to be on the prow.

I have been invited several times over the years and have never

booked a suite. As for when the invitation comes? It varies........

There is no way to say exactly when/if it will arrive. I was on Solstice

in May and while in Tracey Arm Fjord a bunch of Capt's Club folks were

invited out there...that was very early in the morning and it was beautiful

outside:)

I was also invited in Bermuda.....this goes back to 2010.......it is not

a great picture but it is me on Summit out on the Heliopad.......

?auth=co&id=111840&part=1.2

We were invited last month as we sailed from Klaipeda. Since this port does not get many cruise ships, it seems the whole town was there to wave us off. We were not in a suite.

Ok, I thought I passed geography in Grammer school, but where is klaipeda?

Ok, I thought I passed geography in Grammer school, but where is klaipeda?

Lithuania.

I did a B2B2B on Millie several years ago, out of Miami. B2N passengers had an invitation in their cabins to be on the bow for sailaway, weather permitting. We had to wear closed toe shoes. I was in an inside cabin EM