New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Is your comparison based on what you paid when you booked or the most recent price before the change? Or are they the same? I like your real life comparison.

Since both of my non TA cruise bookings include the 123 all inclusive and either my category is already sold out or the prices previously increased it is impossible for me to tell the impact on my cruises. I suspect the 123 all inclusive deal will be hard to beat under any scenario.

I always compare my bookings to the competition, so it will be interesting to see if Celebrity remains competitive as they have been in the past for my future bookings.

The 12/16 one was booked just a few days ago and the 11/15 was booked in April.

I just looked at Celebrity, and I couldn't find any web pages that looked like that that. I only saw the sale screen I've seen before, except there is no 123 GO! promo mentioned.

The opening page shows the new Go Big, Go Better, Go Best thingy, but has no further mention of it, even when pushing the button that speaks about the new bundling.

I just did a random mock booking for 2 on 12/11/15 Equinox Caribbean. Offered me all options in Big, Better, Best for OceanView.

No idea why the difference?

Here's screenshot:

15dqcdh.jpg

My husband and I decided over the July 4th weekend to book our first cruise on Celebrity - We have been on Norwegian 4 or 5 times, but our last trip 18 months ago was so disappointing we decided we needed a change. Went online on the 5th, held a 7 night trip for 3/26/16 to the West Carib, knowing little about the changes to come today. Price was the exact same this morning, but includes the drink package that we would appreciate. Since we don't have any type of perks, the math actually worked out for us to do the "best"Package, because we would have upgraded the drinks package anyway, paid gratuities, and I appreciate staying online. Plan to use the OBC for the specialty dining rooms or towards excursions.

The 12/16 one was booked just a few days ago and the 11/15 was booked in April.

Thanks. Same problem I have comparing prices since my prices went up or sold out before this new program was implemented. I know for sure I will never book the middle one called Better. More appropriately it should be called "Better Not" book for a longer cruise.

Thanks. Same problem I have comparing prices since my prices went up or sold out before this new program was implemented. I know for sure I will never book the middle one called Better. More appropriately it should be called "Better Not" book for a longer cruise.

Love that statement.

Also, the unlimited Internet does not interest me at all. Personally, when we go on vacation I'm not really interested in the Internet. Vacation takes me away from phone calls and the cyber world. I want no part of it and just want to enjoy our vacation. That's what we pay for. I'm not about to pay for Internet and if I happen to get free minutes because of my Captain's Club points on another RCCL line, I may use the minutes but it's not a priority.

I have a couple of cruises booked and felt compelled to book yesterday because of the threatened increase in prices.....and only because of the itinerary and the wonderful crew on the Summit.

Well, after calling customer service, I only had to pay $100pp more then my original invoice from a year ago to get a 2nd perk. Now I have the Beverage Package AND $300 OBC.

The current cruise price did come down from the original day I booked a year ago, but I looked at what I agreed and was happy to pay back then to compare. If I went by todays rate, which they did, they said to upgrade would be $150pp.

Semantics!

All I know is I am happy as a pig with lipstick on wearing a tutu to have a beverage package added on for only $10pp a day for a 10 day cruise....a savings of approx $45pp a day for 10 days. :)

My parents got a similar happy result this morning. They were booked on a June 2016 Alaska northbound, ocean view, no perks. The base price for their cabin was the same today as when booked a while back. For $105 pp today, they were repriced under the new program and now have the classic beverage package plus $300 OBC. Subtracting that $210 extra paid for the perks leaves them $90 ahead plus the free bev package.

I just looked at Celebrity, and I couldn't find any web pages that looked like that that. I only saw the sale screen I've seen before, except there is no 123 GO! promo mentioned.

The opening page shows the new Go Big, Go Better, Go Best thingy, but has no further mention of it, even when pushing the button that speaks about the new bundling.

This is the new big deal? I think not. We are booked on a b2b (14 days) on the Silhouette December 6-20. We are in a balcony, getting the 1-2-3 all inclusive for $1549 p.p. We better enjoy it, if the pricing stays at this level, it might be a long time before we cruise again.

My DH and I booked a cruise for 3/26/2017 category C2 with the 1-2-3 go, on Sunday. We liked the idea of the all inclusive and wanted to get it before it was gone. I looked today and for the same price we could only pick one perk. The better which was not better than what we got and the best which was just adding the internet - both cost more. Actually the best cost $550 more. I am doing the happy dance. Sometimes being spontaneous pays off! :)

Edited by geneology

Cannot get the BBB to work for me but one thing for sure is that the price has gone up $850 PER Person for the same cabin category (2B Veranda) and I have no idea what perks (if any) are included. I currently have the Classic package and some OBC.:D

Have been looking at cruises and being drawn to another Southern out of San Juan. New plan looks better than what we were looking at (including pricing against Carnival when taking into account beverage packages and gratuities). Excited to book. :)

Cannot get the BBB to work for me but one thing for sure is that the price has gone up $850 PER Person for the same cabin category (2B Veranda) and I have no idea what perks (if any) are included. I currently have the Classic package and some OBC.:D

If your pricing via the AUS website then the BBB model hasn't taken affect yet. In the live chat last night It was confirmed they have started with the U.S. and plan for it to be deployed globally by September this year.

But that doesn't allow for their weird pricing and quirks I've seen via the AUS website [emoji30][emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your pricing via the AUS website then the BBB model hasn't taken affect yet. In the live chat last night It was confirmed they have started with the U.S. and plan for it to be deployed globally by September this year.

But that doesn't allow for their weird pricing and quirks I've seen via the AUS website [emoji30][emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is most likely the case, the website says specials and for veranda cabins the page flashed up and then disappeared, something weird is happening. Either way the prices have ballooned for that cruise.:D

Just checked the Go! things for two cruises we are interested in (2017).

The first one is almost the same price as it was with the 123 but now only with classic pkg instead of the pkg+one more perk.

The other cruise has gone up by 6-7%.

Good deal... esp. when you pay 180 USD to get 150 OBC or if you choose the prepaid tips and not staying in a suite...

The only thing where it is worth to go!better if you are not staying in a suite is on e.g. 7 days cruises - for 7x15 USD=105 you get $150 OBC.

Not everything comes down over time.

I don't know the stats but I'd imagine probably half of their cruises are 10 days or under, in which case it's a better deal for the customer, and the other half are greater, in which case it's a bit more profit for the cruise line.

Up to the passenger then which way they want to go, but there's no guarantee in life things will always be cheaper/a deal...

I agree. Run the numbers. Most of this mumbo jumbo doesn't make sense for longer cruises--you'd end up paying more than the perk is worth.

I checked the Celebrity site today and couldn't figure out how to book without this BBB nonsense. Can someone enlighten me?

You just enter, on the first cruise landing page, weather or not you are 55 or over and/or your state and it will just provide any cabin rate reduction you would qualify for.

Good luck and bon voyage...

Last night I looked at another of our Celebrity bookings, Italy & Croatia for May 2016. On that one, we would actually save money by taking the "Best" package, so there's no real consistency of what the new structure did to prices.

Unfortunately I think we're going to have to move that one, so it's not worth spending a lot of time on right now.

Edited by Cindy

Not everything comes down over time.

I don't know the stats but I'd imagine probably half of their cruises are 10 days or under, in which case it's a better deal for the customer, and the other half are greater, in which case it's a bit more profit for the cruise line.

Up to the passenger then which way they want to go, but there's no guarantee in life things will always be cheaper/a deal...

Last night I looked at another of our Celebrity bookings, Italy & Croatia for May 2016. On that one, we would actually save money by taking the "Best" package, so there's no real consistency of what the new structure did to prices.

Unfortunately I think we're going to have to move that one, so it's not worth spending a lot of time on right now.

Would everyone reporting on their experiences with comparing pricing from before the sale to pricing now PLEASE include length of cruise in their descriptions! (And when they originally booked)

I think (but am not positive) that cruises 9 days or less work with this new program and that it's the 10 day or longer cruises that don't work.

Thank you all in advance.

If you pick the go better at an additional $15 pp., per night

For the on board credit, on a 10 day cruise you break even ($15 X 10 days $150 cost for a $150 credit); less than 10 days you win; more than 10 days Celebrity wins.

For the prepaid gratuities that cost $150:

In a standard stateroom you win on a 12 day or longer cruise ($12.95 X 12 days = $155.40 vs. $150 cost) Celebrity wins on 11 days or less.

In CC or Aqua you win again on a 12 day or longer cruise ($13.45 X 12 days =$161.40).

In a suite you win on a 10 day or longer cruise ($15.45 X 10 days = $154.50).

I checked a trip we have booked for Oct, 2016. When we booked it we got the 123 all in deal. It seems that the price has not changed too much from what I saw last week. It's 14 days. I like this new plan as you can go from no deal on up.

If you pick the go better at an additional $15 pp., per night

For the on board credit, on a 10 day cruise you break even ($15 X 10 days $150 cost for a $150 credit); less than 10 days you win; more than 10 days Celebrity wins.

For the prepaid gratuities that cost $150:

In a standard stateroom you win on a 12 day or longer cruise ($12.95 X 12 days = $155.40 vs. $150 cost) Celebrity wins on 11 days or less.

In CC or Aqua you win again on a 12 day or longer cruise ($13.45 X 12 days =$161.40).

In a suite you win on a 10 day or longer cruise ($15.45 X 10 days = $154.50).

You definitely have to do the math. Note, the OBC is $150pp = $300 per cabin of two.

I checked a trip we have booked for Oct, 2016. When we booked it we got the 123 all in deal. It seems that the price has not changed too much from what I saw last week. It's 14 days. I like this new plan as you can go from no deal on up.

Not sure what you mean by the price that hasn't changed much.

Unless it's the "GO Best" price that is close to your prior booking, your cost would be significantly more to get an "all in" experience. (That would also get you the upgrade to Prem bev and the internet, which All-in didn't include.)

I'm reluctant to base anything on the posted prices from after the GO! promotion was announced.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr