Big changes coming

redshine

If your TA is already offering you pre-paid gratuities and Oceania is now offering it with this current promotion, would Oceania possibly offer some OBC in place of that amenity since you already have it?

Is that even worth asking?? Wondering if anyone has had a similar situation.

Thanks.

You get an OBC for the PPG on our invoice it stated

"$300 shipboard credit in lieu of promo PPG"

I have the question in to my TA. Just received an email from her and she is working to see what Oceania will or will not do. I added up just the basic excursions that we might take and it was $1000+ so I think for us it makes since to do the offer. We are on the 22 day sailing from London to Copenhagen. A lot to see and they actually seem to have a lot of excursions that are not OC or OE. Will let you know what I find out.

You will probably find the FREE excursions are the 2-3 hr hour city tour type

Ask your TA for a list of the FREE excursions for your cruise once they get them sorted out ;)

Edited by LHT28

Thanks Paulchili. I'm not silver, just bronze. Hopefully they will still offer something.

They will give you OBC in lieu of PPG even if you are "just" bronze. The only difference is in the amount.

Example for a 14 day cruise in PH:

gratuity is $22/p/day = $22 X 2 = $44 X 14 = $616.

If you were Silver prior to 12/31/13 you would get the full amount of $616; otherwise you will get $250 or $300 (I believe the latter - the amount depends on the length of the cruise).

Edited by Paulchili

I just got an email with an OLIFE offer but there where no free tours!

Free house beverage package

Free Unlimited Internet

Free Gratuities

Must be a different offer for Non North Americans

Free wine with lunch & dinner would work for me ;);)

Maybe they could offer an option

either free excursions or free wine :D

I booked a future Riviera cruise for Europe 2016 while on board so received a discount. Does anyone know whether I can keep this on board discount if we switch to the new O deal? Thanks

I am assuming that the "free" excursions will be limited choice, and not all available. Probably will have additional surcharge for the more comprehensive tours. Does anyone know? The unlimited excursion package is not unlimited..... has surcharges on so many tours.

I booked a future Riviera cruise for Europe 2016 while on board so received a discount. Does anyone know whether I can keep this on board discount if we switch to the new O deal? Thanks

I'll bet you can keep the "on board" discount, but have to pay the new higher fare. This assumes your room category is still available.

Choice of excursions has not yet been disclosed. Of course, there are surcharges for premium excursions. Suggest you contact your TA if you have one, or O.

I am assuming that the "free" excursions will be limited choice, and not all available. Probably will have additional surcharge for the more comprehensive tours. Does anyone know? The unlimited excursion package is not unlimited..... has surcharges on so many tours.

In the past I've noticed that about $149 seems to be the point where they are included in the Unlimited. Above that there seems to an added cost.

In the past I've noticed that about $149 seems to be the point where they are included in the Unlimited. Above that there seems to an added cost.

Based on experience with Regent which uses the same department for excursions, that is about the "value" they put on their free (included) excursions. Based on experience, the Regent "free" excursions would actually cost about 50 to 60% of the Regent placed value of the excursion.

This should help put a value on the new included excursions and will help make a decision if the new plan is a benefit to you.

Depending on your cruise, there are 3rd party shore excursion providers that you can book with. I just took an excursion that I found on line - the tour operator was taking Oceania Passengers who paid $129. and I took the same tour for $47. Actually on my last cruise I did that in 4 of the ports. So I'd take the $1200 and book directly,

Depending on your cruise, there are 3rd party shore excursion providers that you can book with. I just took an excursion that I found on line - the tour operator was taking Oceania Passengers who paid $129. and I took the same tour for $47. Actually on my last cruise I did that in 4 of the ports. So I'd take the $1200 and book directly,

Great idea! How did you find them? I would like to look into this.

Some of us who like the lowly inside cabins, just get to pay more and get nothing included. That is Os offer to us.

Something tells me that you don't like the inside cabins as much as you like the money that you already save when sailing in them.

If going on precisely the same Cruise as the people in the Owners Suite, when they are paying three or four times your fare isn't enough of a savings for you, then I don't know what to tell you. :p

I posted this on another thread...I think it is funny....sorta fits this thread also!

Ladies and gentlemen....this is your Captain, for those flying in first class, our flying time will be two hours and 37 minutes. For those in coach, flying time will be four hours and ten minutes..........:D

Something tells me that you don't like the inside cabins as much as you like the money that you already save when sailing in them.

If going on precisely the same Cruise as the people in the Owners Suite, when they are paying three or four times your fare isn't enough of a savings for you, then I don't know what to tell you. :p

Stan and Jim,

I usually enjoy and appreciate your posts but I think this is insensitive. Not everyone can afford the owners suite as you can. Booking an inside cabin may not be about saving money but about spending within one's means.

Putting an emoticon on the end of a post doesn't stop it from being rude.

It may be precisely the same vessel and itinerary but it isn't precisely the same experience as you should very well know.

I'm another who usually enjoys your posts but I'm disappointed by this one.

Putting an emoticon on the end of a post doesn't stop it from being rude.

It may be precisely the same vessel and itinerary but it isn't precisely the same experience as you should very well know.

I'm another who usually enjoys your posts but I'm disappointed by this one.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, as I also enjoy your Posts, but I would maintain that I was being more truthful than rude.

My Post emphasized that there is definite value in traveling in those inside cabins ALREADY. hence there is no need to add extra value through additional booking incentives.

To bolster my position as well as tie in another currently popular topic, one of the most meaningful differences between Oceania and Regent (i.e. Premium versus Luxury) is the EXISTENCE of those minimum priced cabins.

IMHO, there is nothing disrespectful or rude in pointing out that by constantly looking for more, more, more, Inside Passengers may well kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Edited by StanandJim
typo

I think the OP of this inside cabin discussion was referring to the fact that Oceania raised all fares including those of inside cabins because of the free shore trip deal but did not include inside cabins in the deal. They felt this was unfair IMO. As a side note I do not think Oceania put inside cabins on the ship to be big hearted, but rather get every dollar they can out of the tonnage.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, as I also enjoy your Posts, but I would maintain that I was being more truthful than rude.

My Post emphasized that there is definite value in traveling in those inside cabins ALREADY. hence there is no need to add extra value through additional booking incentives.

To bolster my position as well as tie in another currently popular topic, one of the most meaningful differences between Oceania and Regent (i.e. Premium versus Luxury) is the EXISTENCE of those minimum priced cabins.

IMHO, there is nothing disrespectful or rude in pointing out that by constantly looking for more, more, more, Inside Passengers may well kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

There is also no need to incentivize these cabins. Especially in slower selling cruises these cabins do fill up quicker than the B and A's which are far more numerous.

I think the OP of this inside cabin discussion was referring to the fact that Oceania raised all fares including those of inside cabins because of the free shore trip deal but did not include inside cabins in the deal. They felt this was unfair IMO. As a side note I do not think Oceania put inside cabins on the ship to be big hearted, but rather get every dollar they can out of the tonnage.

Thank you for rephrasing that for me.

It is exactly my point. The new O life, just raised prices for this level. Just saying it like it is. No need to remind me that G and F are already the lowest priced cat. I am well aware of it and NOW also aware that it has become more expensive. O life , nothing in it for me.

I'm afraid that "just saying it like it is" would be to admit that you, and hundreds of your compatriots choose to look for "the cheapest house in the best neighborhood" because you already perceive an immense value on Oceania versus a less expensive Line where you could no doubt book a mini Suite for the same money. Therefore, grousing about the price of an Oceania Inside is akin to moaning about the high price of caviar.

As Paul put it so well, there was no need to further incentivize F&G accommodations because they already sell out universally and instantly upon the announcement of every voyage.

+1

Don't promote a change as a great new benefit if it amounts to nothing more than a price increase for some cabin categories.

Oceania didn't add extra value, they added extra cost. I would agree that they don't need to add extra value to cabin categories that always sell well, and maybe they could raise the prices. Just don't try to sell it to me as a special offer.