What status with 5 cruises?

39august

We've done five cruises on Princess. Do we have any particular status, and if so, what are the perks, please? It's been many years since we have cruised Princess but may be interested in a fresh itinerary.

Since you have finished 5 cruises you would now be a platinum member. You get the following:

preferred check in

platinum disembarkation lounge

free internet minutes: 7 days or less = 150 minute

8 -20 days = 250 minutes

21 days or more = 500 minutes

you can go to the princess site and type in captains circle to see all the benefits.

Enjoy your next cruise!

You are currently Ruby. Your 6th cruise you will be Platinum.

Status changes upon completion of the last required cruise, not with the beginning of the next cruise. Therefore, OP is now Platinum.

It does make a difference as one unmentioned benefit is receiving the Cruise Atlas. OP will receive the next one whether or not another cruise is taken.

You are currently Ruby. Your 6th cruise you will be Platinum.

For us, the only worthwhile benefit is some free internet minutes (depending on cruise length) and upgraded insurance for the basic premium.

OK - maybe priority boarding is nice, too.

OP became platinum at the completion of the 5th cruise.

where do I find out how we climb the status ladder from one grade to another.

From Princess:

You will automatically achieve Gold status upon completion of your first cruise and enjoy the benefits every time you return to us.

Upon completion of your third cruise or 30th cruise day with us, you will be recognized as a Ruby Member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle.* In addition to your Gold Member benefits you will also receive exclusive Ruby benefits.

Once you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days with us, you graduate to Platinum level membership*. Enjoy all the benefits of Gold and Ruby status, plus additional Platinum exclusives on your sixth through your fifteenth cruises with us.

Complete 15 cruises or 150 cruise days with Princess and we are pleased to present you with Elite membership*. At this level, you are entitled to all Gold, Ruby and Platinum benefits, plus an exclusive Elite package designed to give you the ultimate in rewards and recognition.

NOTE: Although the above info is from Princess it isn't quite accurate. Status is based on Cruise Credits rather than simply the number of cruises. Most people receive one credit per cruise. However, if you sail solo you receive double credits. If you sail in a full suite you also get double credits. If you sail solo in a full suite you receive triple credits.

Edited by Thrak

As a "lowly" Gold level, I'm looking forward to my next two cruises, after which I will be Ruby. From there, I'll steal from Thrak (with apologies for misquoting) "not Elite yet, but having fun getting there"

I think it's nice that there is a loyalty program. I don't expect I'll ever reach the number of cruises that many people here have, but I'll take whatever Princess will bestow. Cruising is still a fairly new vacation option for me - and I appreciate the tips I've picked up from here - so thank you!

I'm still eagerly counting down the days until I sail on my 1st cruise.

Hoping I manage well enough balance-wise, Cerebral Palsy means balance problems for me, to be making a visit to the Future Cruise Sales office the next morning to buy at least 1 Future Cruise Credit! If my budget co-operates, I even know the cruise I want!

I'm fairly restricted in what cruises I can take-need Disabled Accessible bathroom, and once I was told about the Window Suite on the Golden Princess, well that REALLY :eek: limits my options as it's the only ship sailing in Australian waters that has an Accessible Full Suite. Oh well, at least I DO have an option of cruising in a bit of luxury and pampering!:D

I'm still eagerly counting down the days until I sail on my 1st cruise.

Hoping I manage well enough balance-wise, Cerebral Palsy means balance problems for me, to be making a visit to the Future Cruise Sales office the next morning to buy at least 1 Future Cruise Credit! If my budget co-operates, I even know the cruise I want!

I'm fairly restricted in what cruises I can take-need Disabled Accessible bathroom, and once I was told about the Window Suite on the Golden Princess, well that REALLY :eek: limits my options as it's the only ship sailing in Australian waters that has an Accessible Full Suite. Oh well, at least I DO have an option of cruising in a bit of luxury and pampering!:D

Don't wait in line for your FCC. You can get a form at that office, whether it is open or closed, and then contact your TA later for your cruise.

Don't wait in line for your FCC. You can get a form at that office, whether it is open or closed, and then contact your TA later for your cruise.

After you get the form, you need to fill it out and deposit it in the box provided by the Future Sales office.

Yes. That's what I do. You can fill out the form and drop it back off at your leisure.

THANK YOU! I've just had a look in my brochure at the deck plans. I could come out of my Window Suite to go round and collect the paperwork, then use the starboard lift to go up to the Plaza deck and through the Photo Gallery to Sabatini's for breakfast. While enjoying breakfast, I can fill out the paperwork, and take it back after breakfast. Have already informed the TA, that if I'm ok going through the Heads leaving Sydney, I shall be buying a FCC or 2, and if my transport budget works out, have already got my eye on the next cruise! She laughed-she knows I thoroughly research airfares and hotel costs, and sailing from Melbourne would mean overnighting in Melbourne, then sail to Sydney and fly to my home State Capital of Adelaide to overnight, possibly for 2-3 days, as I have family there, and like to visit the Adelaide Zoo to drool at the Giant Pandas-Funi is my special favourite, so when I come in to her, I've got all the information, dates and prices for her, so all she NEEDS to do is the online booking, which, because I'm Legally Blind with only 10% vision, I'm too scared to do for myself!

Because I need a Handicapped Accessible Bathroom, I originally chose a Premium Balcony stateroom, then the Great Uncle of my friend told her about the Window Suites on the Golden Princess, and suggested she tell me to price them as an option. Only an extra $500, easily saved over 12 months, so I upgraded myself, and am looking forward to my first cruise, and enjoying the Suite Perks. The only ones I won't be able to enjoy are the Boutonniere (sp?) on the 1st Formal Night as the cruise is only 3 nights, and the Priority tendering. Everything else will be tried out, documented photographically, and reported on.

A work colleague of mine is muttering about taking some time off and sailing on the same cruise. Even if he has to take an inside stateroom, I read here on Cruise Critic that I can order breakfast from Room Service on Disembarkation morning, and I could "invite" him to join me. He's been a loyal colleague, and general friend, so I'll take the chance to give him a peaceful breakfast without having to "watch" his hand luggage. Having him "visit" as a guest is quite different, 1 of our work colleagues (NOT noted for his tact or diplomacy, made a VERY offensive remark about us "sharing" the Window Suite, and expressed his envy of S. rather crudely! Unfortunately, the Boss was standing right behind him, and heard it all! He was promptly and comprehensively reprimanded for "inappropriate verbal comments" and has been transferred back to his original work team, in an area he dislikes so he misses his chance of a promotion and pay rise!

The boss has already signed S. off on the needed dates to join me aboard in November 2016. I'd already requested the time off, explaining my dates were inflexible due to cruise ship schedules-no problems. I rarely ask to change my work times, it's only Dr's appointments that I CAN'T organise on schedules days off as I need to travel, and that has ended as the needed equipment is now available in my home town! we were both told that planning so far ahead is very pro-active, and gives our work the best option of planning for our absence for those few days, we've always given as much notice as we can, only emergencies don't always happen when you're not scheduled to work!

It does make a difference as one unmentioned benefit is receiving the Cruise Atlas. OP will receive the next one whether or not another cruise is taken.

They use to come automatically. For several years we did not received one unless we requested it. However this past year they sent us one. Go figure.

Yes. That's what I do. You can fill out the form and drop it back off at your leisure.

We do this every time. ;)

Our cruise this year on the Coral Princess, our FCC form was delivered to our cabin with our names already on the form. We always buy additional FCC during our cruises but this was the first time our names was already typed on the form.

thanks for the replays.

We are gold now so it's all up hill from here hahaha.

A further complication; not mentioned is that as you come from Glasgow, it seems likely to me that you may have sailed on a P&O cruise. If this is the case you get a Princess cruise credit for that/those cruise/s. If you have sailed thus contact Princess at Carnival House by phone and advise them of your Portunas Membership number if you know it. Also or alternatively; before phoning check your statistics recorded are not already there. Log into Princess website click on : "LogIn" "MyPrincess" "MyProfile" "Cruise History" This should list all your completed cruises and give a Cruise Credits Total Number and Total number of Days completed at Sea. Then it will list future cruises which are not yet included in the totals.

Regards John