What Happens to the Current PH, RS and Zenith Perks?

cruisead

With this new bundling business, I'm wondering what's going to happen to the perks for those who are in PH, RS, Reflection suites and Zenith members? If X has raised the fares (again) for those suites, then something is not right. People already paid a lot for those suites, but if they've raised the prices again, and the fares were already raised when they started that program, then this is nothing but a money grab for Celebrity. To be honest, I'm getting a little ticked off with Celebrity and all the kaka they're pulling with their fare structure. Many of us are frequent cruisers and can figure out when we're getting ripped off. But like they say, a sucker is born every minute. Celebrity is forcing people to include things in their fares that they might not want.

Come on Celebrity. We don't need/want your gimmick fares. Just give us decent fares and let us decide what we want to spend on board.

The new CEO (Lisa) said in the online chat yesterday for people to pick the bundle that works best for them. Obviously high end suite guests and Zeniths would not get the GoBest bundle.

Are you suggesting that suite guests and Zenith members will probably book the first bundle only (one choice) as they already receive a drink package and internet?

Does anyone else find all of this confusing?

With this new bundling business, I'm wondering what's going to happen to the perks for those who are in PH, RS, Reflection suites and Zenith members? If X has raised the fares (again) for those suites, then something is not right. People already paid a lot for those suites, but if they've raised the prices again, and the fares were already raised when they started that program, then this is nothing but a money grab for Celebrity. To be honest, I'm getting a little ticked off with Celebrity and all the kaka they're pulling with their fare structure. Many of us are frequent cruisers and can figure out when we're getting ripped off. But like they say, a sucker is born every minute. Celebrity is forcing people to include things in their fares that they might not want.

Come on Celebrity. We don't need/want your gimmick fares. Just give us decent fares and let us decide what we want to spend on board.

I very much agree. X is our first choice for cruising, but using bennies to obfuscate bottom line pricing irritates me.

Drink packages do nothing for us, since we are moderate drinkers and usually take advantage of the elite happy hour.

At least X allow you to choose OBC or grats for Go Big, of course those bennies don't match the higher prices.

We may need to check out Princess or HAL. We have done some NCL as well.

I suggest if you are booked in a Suite or planning to book one in the near future you contact the Captains Club or your TA who should be able to help clarify how the pricing & perks for Suite Guests & Zenith members will be affected by the new pricing.

Edited by jelayne

I agree with papa. We have 5 cruises booked with Celebrity. May just have to say goodbye after that. We are Elite + and we feel we get enough perks with that. We don't want to pay inflated prices for what we don't need.

I suggest if you are booked in a Suite or planning to book one in the near future you contact the Captains Club or your TA who should be able to help clarify how the pricing & perks for Suite Guests & Zenith members will be affected by the new pricing.

Good luck with that. I have already tried that, to no avail.

NO additional perks for the PH folks to choose from; we already have them all.

But I was reminded that I got a $300 OBC for booking a PH. Then I reminded them that it came nowhere near to the cost of a Classic beverage package for two people; or the cost of the unlimited internet package... or the cost of prepaid gratuities for 2 people.

It was a losing battle. But I did say that it would serve them right if those big suites went unsold for long periods of time, and had to be reduced in price to get 'em filled.

I don't think that this new strategy of theirs will be a success. So I'm gonna sit back and wait until they capitulate.....

Are you suggesting that suite guests and Zenith members will probably book the first bundle only (one choice) as they already receive a drink package and internet?

Does anyone else find all of this confusing?

Yes just get the GoBig which is free. Get the free gratuities since you already have the premium beverage package and unlimited internet. Celebrity came out with this promotion for the 95% of guests who are not in a PH/RS or Zenith. Even the free gratuities do not work if not in a suite (costs more than the gratuity) and the $150 OBC does not work if longer than a 10 night cruise.

Yes just get the GoBig which is free. Get the free gratuities since you already have the premium beverage package and unlimited internet. Celebrity came out with this promotion for the 95% of guests who are not in a PH/RS or Zenith. Even the free gratuities do not work if not in a suite (costs more than the gratuity) and the $150 OBC does not work if longer than a 10 night cruise.

Sorry, I disagree. Go Big is not free. It has the cost of one "benefit" baked in. None of those benefits make financial sense for me. I don't drink alcohol. The other choices would cost me more than the "benefit" as I do longer cruises. Or I used to. That will probably change once my current 3 booked cruises are over. I'm not about to pay for "benefits" I don't need or want.

Linda

Sorry, I disagree. Go Big is not free. It has the cost of one "benefit" baked in. None of those benefits make financial sense for me. I don't drink alcohol. The other choices would cost me more than the "benefit" as I do longer cruises. Or I used to. That will probably change once my current 3 booked cruises are over. I'm not about to pay for "benefits" I don't need or want.

Linda

The 123 promotions has been around for several years now and when you made you last booking, so I am not sure the Go Big is much different than those programs when it was chose one.

Good luck with that. I have already tried that, to no avail.

NO additional perks for the PH folks to choose from; we already have them all.

But I was reminded that I got a $300 OBC for booking a PH. Then I reminded them that it came nowhere near to the cost of a Classic beverage package for two people; or the cost of the unlimited internet package... or the cost of prepaid gratuities for 2 people.

It was a losing battle. But I did say that it would serve them right if those big suites went unsold for long periods of time, and had to be reduced in price to get 'em filled.

I don't think that this new strategy of theirs will be a success. So I'm gonna sit back and wait until they capitulate.....

I thought the Premium beverage package and unlimited internet were included when you booked a PH suite:confused:

Thanks....now makes some sense.

I guess we will do what we do every cruise. Work out the bottom line, think 'is this cruise/suite worth it?' Then either book or don't book.

123go bigger, better.......a rose by any other name. It is the bottom line which counts.

Not for nothing, but the upper suites & Zenith members already pretty much get everything. What more can they give, if you are getting everything? :confused:

That's not my point. What I was trying to say is, when they introduced the Suite Perks program, they increased the fares for the suites to cover the cost of those perks. Now, with this "Go" program, they increased the fares for the suites again, to cover the cost of the perks, which were supposedly already covered by the first fare increase. DH did the math, and our fare for a cruise we booked for next Feb, has increased about $800pp. Why is that, seeing how those perks were already bought and paid for with the old, pre-Go program fare increase.

That's not my point. What I was trying to say is, when they introduced the Suite Perks program, they increased the fares for the suites to cover the cost of those perks. Now, with this "Go" program, they increased the fares for the suites again, to cover the cost of the perks, which were supposedly already covered by the first fare increase. DH did the math, and our fare for a cruise we booked for next Feb, has increased about $800pp. Why is that, seeing how those perks were already bought and paid for with the old, pre-Go program fare increase.

You can't really do that sort of comparison as the current price will also have been influenced by the number of cabins sold for that particular cruise. The price of the same cabin for the cruise we have in September this year is now £3,000 dearer than when we booked it and it has been significantly dearer fron not long after we booked.

Exactly! I cannot even do the comparison because all the high-end suites for the cruises we have booked have been fully booked for a long time. The closest is not until next January. It is, therefore, not surprising that any high-end suites still available have increased in price. In the very short time the suites were available on our cruises, the prices rose.

I have to agree that the new pricing probably won't work in all categories. If people perceive that they are paying more and receiving less or that there is no value in the offerings they will wait until the price drops. 123 go and pick your perk were successful because it was perceived as a promotional sale. I booked my next cruise 18 month out which I have never done but due to the the AI for CC and up it persuaded me to book early and book a category that I would have never considered. To me there was value in that promotion and the price worked out to be less than what my daily cost would have been if I booked without that promotion. I was also able save an additional $100 pp and keep all the perks during the Spring sale. The new price structure is not appealing even though I value the drink package.

Linda

I looked at the new pricing including GoBig when it came out on Monday. For the cruises I was interested in the price was EXACTLY the same as it was a few days before (for the same level cabin) when a free benefit was NOT included.

I thought the Premium beverage package and unlimited internet were included when you booked a PH suite:confused:

They are already included for PH & RS.

That is why it is not worth getting the GoBest bundle.

Celebrity is charging $45 pp pd extra for stuff already included:confused:

I looked at the new pricing including GoBig when it came out on Monday. For the cruises I was interested in the price was EXACTLY the same as it was a few days before (for the same level cabin) when a free benefit was NOT included.

And I looked at a cruise I was considering and the prices were higher. With fewer "benefits." Each cruise has its own pricing structure depending on how well it is selling. I can't even check for my cruise next fall, as all the S2s are sold out.