Waterproof Lanyard

seaotter15

Has anyone ever bought one on board? I am looking for a lanyard with a waterproof pouch to hold SeaPasses, cash and such while snorkeling or at beach so I do not have to leave anything on beach/tour boat.

They are available around here, but since we already sail on Saturday, time is of essence and might be easier to buy onboard if they are available.

Thanks!

I've seen the hard plastic ones onboard that are on a lanyard - about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Water won't hurt the seapass, and if you put cash in a ziplock it won't really hurt it if it leaks, just need to hang out to dry :)

Edited by bouhunter

Has anyone ever bought one on board? I am looking for a lanyard with a waterproof pouch to hold SeaPasses, cash and such while snorkeling or at beach so I do not have to leave anything on beach/tour boat.

They are available around here, but since we already sail on Saturday, time is of essence and might be easier to buy onboard if they are available.

Thanks!

If you are looking for the hard, plastic ones, yes they have them on board but I don't like the gasket on them, I think they are loose. We have one from Disney that is a little smaller and has a much tighter seal.

If you are looking for something like an Aquapac, I haven't seen those on the ship. We got ours at a sporting goods store and fits a cell phone perfectly, plus a little cash and a credit card.

Ziplocks are definitely wise to bring, just in case. I was suggesting to try to find them somewhere before boarding to be on the safe side. With my luck, they would be sold out. Already happened to me with a similar item. Even had a hard time finding it in all the Cozumel shops once we got there.

Thanks!

What is the "and such"? I only ask because your Seapass and Cash doesn't need to be protected from water. Maybe you are looking for something you do not really need. :)

A place like Dick's Sporting Goods will probably have them in stock locally.

The only thing that might need water protection is a camera...if you don't think to bring a waterproof disposable Stick your credit card, and seapass in a pocket. It's plastic. Water won't hurt it!

And leaving stuff on the snorkel boat isn't an issue....that's why it's there!!! Everyone does it, and so far, all's been well!!!

Other than the fact that the exchange rate currently sucks on our CDN$ I love the new bills that have been introduced. They are plastic. Does not matter if they get wet. No more hoping that the bank will exchange some wet soggy bills that accidentally went through the wash.

You are looking for a Witz sports case (probably the small sports cases and not the large ones):

http://www.witzsportcases.com/travel-resort-cases.html

I know Ron Jon carries them in Port Canaveral and I'm sure there are stores in Fort Lauderdale along the beach that would carry them as well. I do think I have seen them at Dicks Sporting Goods before but it's a gamble if they have them in stock.