Rhapsody of the Sea cancelled!

Just received email from TA that the Oct. 2016 transatlantic on Rhapsody of Seas has been redeployed (cancelled). No idea why? Since I was taking the previous cruise on the Rhapsody (Mediterranean Tour Cruise ) on 10/17 , which is the itinerary I love, I now don't know what to do. I have been cruising for 30 years and never had this happen before. Guess I have been lucky. Does this happen often on RC?

Kathy

Don't cancel your cruises, you will be contacted by Royal with some accommodation.

In this case, Royal decided that Rhapsody was going to be home ported in Tampa instead of Port Canaveral.

Edited by clarea

Don't cancel your cruises, you will be contacted by Royal with some accommodation.

In this case, Royal decided that Rhapsody was going to be home ported in Tampa instead of Port Canaveral.

Good thing I didn't book that one, or maybe I should have:rolleyes:

Hi Kathy,

We booked a B2B with R.C. in April 2014 for April 2016 only for them to cancel both cruises a few weeks later as they had "redeployed" Adventure of the Seas. Actually what had happened was a private company had chartered the ship but that wasn't what our email said.

However R.C. did offer generous OB spend for each cancelled cruise for any future bookings which have now been added, but not without a fight from the customer service department who pleaded ignorance until I sent the emails to a supervisor!

David

Good thing I didn't book that one, or maybe I should have:rolleyes:

I had booked BR from Barcelona to Tampa in that same time frame, but was looking to switch to RH. Lucky for us the RH price did not come down enough to switch.

I wouldn't say that it happens "often," but these kind of changes do happen from time to time. This is still over a year away, so I would follow clarea's advice and not do anything too quickly. Check with RCCL (or wait to hear from them) and see what kind of help they offer in accommodating your plans.

We have a September 2016 cruised booked on Rhapsody, round trip out of Venice.

I haven't done a search anywhere yet but if the westbound TA is cancelled it obviously impacts all the other cruises. Will be interesting to see what is going to happen as our cruise comes under the current UK promotion of free flights .

We have a September 2016 cruised booked on Rhapsody, round trip out of Venice.

I haven't done a search anywhere yet but if the westbound TA is cancelled it obviously impacts all the other cruises. Will be interesting to see what is going to happen as our cruise comes under the current UK promotion of free flights .

This will have no impact on your cruise. She doesn't repo to the states until late november.

I assume RCI doesn't have the details of the fall 2016 TA figured out yet (I assume they'll add a stop to the TA on the way to Tampa in lieu of PC) but that a fall 2016 TA will be available. They should be able to figure it out by their own imposed deadline of July 31 so everyone with the TA booked can just wait and perhaps simply stay with their TA plans - they'll just end up in Tampa (likely 2 days later than PC).

Edited by Biker19

This will have no impact on your cruise. She doesn't repo to the states until late november.

Last cruise listed on RCI UK is 7th October, round trip from Venice. The next one is December out of Tampa, nothing in between so it looks like you are correct with regards the September schedule.

Not too concerned as we have a complete RCI cruise/flight package.

We are booked on Rhapsody of the Seas 7 April 2016 Sao Paulo to Barcelona, is this cruise cancelled?

No. The schedule shift is at the end of her European tour (Westbound TA in October).

From what I gather, it looks like Rhapsody will go back to the Med in the summer.

Definitely going somewhere else after wintering in Tampa. RCL doesn't keep any of its ships in Tampa for the summer season :(

Just received email from TA that the Oct. 2016 transatlantic on Rhapsody of Seas has been redeployed (cancelled). No idea why? Since I was taking the previous cruise on the Rhapsody (Mediterranean Tour Cruise ) on 10/17 , which is the itinerary I love, I now don't know what to do. I have been cruising for 30 years and never had this happen before. Guess I have been lucky. Does this happen often on RC?

Kathy

We were also on the same B2B, only we were contacted by RC's problem office Friday. It will not be much of a problem for us, as we will just book a later TA from some where. We were expecting to do about a week or more in Europe before the cruises any way. X has some TA's but they are way too expensive at this time, and RC web site in on vacation so any decisions will have to wait.

Got to focus on our fall Quebec trip and cruise on October 19 and hope for no late season Hurricanes LOL

We also had Rhapsody cancelled when they diverted to Asia. We were supposed to cruise Hawaii to Vancouver in May 2015.

They offered to honor the current booking price on one itinerary, or you could choose your own. We were given some OBC for the inconvenience. Keep your eye out. Once they finally sent the offer, we had only two weeks to reschedule.

We also had Rhapsody cancelled when they diverted to Asia. We were supposed to cruise Hawaii to Vancouver in May 2015.

They offered to honor the current booking price on one itinerary, or you could choose your own. We were given some OBC for the inconvenience. Keep your eye out. Once they finally sent the offer, we had only two weeks to reschedule.

That was one of our cancelations. We are finally using that reservation on Radiance in April for another Hawaii cruise.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk