Elite level free laundry service question ...

YWW

For those of you who are Elite Level, can you explain the details on this free professional cleaning and laundry service? In the Princess website, it just says "Complimentary Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services: Upon request, your stateroom steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle!". Are you limited to certain number of items per day or per cruise? Are you given a laundry bag to fill your dirty laundry to give to the room steward for cleaning? Are the cleaned laundry ironed? What is the turn around time? Thanks.

There should be a laundry bag in your closet.

Simply list the items on the ticket (and take a picture with your phone for a record) and give the bag to your steward. Laundry is usually returned the following day.

That's all there is to it.

Mike:)

There are paper laundry bags hanging on a hanger in the closet area. You can always ask your steward for more. You fill out the paper with what is in the bag, such as how many socks, undies, t-shirts, blouses, jeans, etc. If you are sending in dry cleaning as well, I would probably use a separate bag. Yes, things are ironed. As for turn-around time, we've never had a problem. We usually hand in the bags in the evening and receive them back the following evening. I've read that if the ship has a large number of Elite passengers the turn-around can be longer. I don't think it's ever been more than 48 hours for us, but I guess it can be as much as 72 hours. They usually leave a note in the cabin warning you. They do charge you and then it is deleted off your shipboard account the following evening.

There should be a laundry bag in your closet.

Simply list the items on the ticket (and take a picture with your phone for a record) and give the bag to your steward. Laundry is usually returned the following day.

That's all there is to it.

Mike:)

I forgot to mention that taking a picture of the items you send in is a good idea. ;)

No limit on number of garments.

You get a laundry bag and an order form. Complete the form and put it in the bag with the laundry. We just leave on the bed and the cabin steward gets it. It is usually back in 2 days.

Items are ironed

You can get express service, but there is a fee for that.

Is it just me or does anyone else do their undies in the launderette rather than sending them to the ships laundry. No problem with most things but undies are personal! No I'm not ashamed of them.

On the CB last month over 300 elite so had note saying it would take up to 72 hours.

For those of you who are Elite Level, can you explain the details on this free professional cleaning and laundry service? In the Princess website, it just says "Complimentary Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services: Upon request, your stateroom steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle!". Are you limited to certain number of items per day or per cruise? Are you given a laundry bag to fill your dirty laundry to give to the room steward for cleaning? Are the cleaned laundry ironed? What is the turn around time? Thanks.
There are currently no restrictions on the number of items per day or per cruise that can be sent to be laundered/dry cleaned. This is the procedure:

1. There are laundry bags and multi-part laundry slips in your cabin. The cabin steward should replace them as they are used; just ask him/her for more if you need them.

2. Write your name and cabin number on the outside of the bag before you fill it.

3. Complete the laundry slip and stick the whole thing in the bag with your laundry.

.....a. Elites receive the "Regular Next-Day" service for free. If you check the "Presto One-Day" service, you will be charged for it.

.....b. You do not need to add up the price of the laundry. I like to mark "Elite - Comp" where the total would go.

.....c. There is a place for special notes. You may or may not get what you ask for. More delicate items should be dry cleaned. If it's really delicate or irreplaceable, don't send it to the ship's laundry.

.....d. If you are traveling with a non-Elite, be sure that you are the one to sign the laundry slip.

4. Leave the bag on the bed or wherever your steward can see it when he/she makes up your room.

5. If the bag is picked up before 9:00 a. m., it is supposed to be back by 6:00 p. m. the next day. However, that depends on how many Elites are on the ship and using the laundry service. If there are lots of Elites, it may actually take several days. Don't send out anything too close to the end of a cruise so that everything comes back in time. (On my last cruise, I allowed 4 days and did not get the laundry back until the last night.)

6. Shirts (even t-shirts), dresses, skirts, trousers, etc. will be returned, nicely pressed, on hangers. Smaller items (socks, underwear, etc.) are returned folded in a paper bag.

7. Check your laundry to make sure everything is there and that you don't have anything that belongs to someone else. Tell you cabin steward right away if any problem occurs.

I'm sure others will have some hints or mention something I have left out.

Hope that helps!

Carolyn

6. Shirts (even t-shirts), dresses, skirts, trousers, etc. will be returned, nicely pressed, on hangers. Smaller items (socks, underwear, etc.) are returned folded in a paper bag.

Carolyn

Related to the above. You will find all the hanger items hanging in the closet on wire hangers. We normally transfer them to the wooden hangers and leave a stack of wire hangers on cabin's table. The room steward will remove them. The cabin steward does not remove empty hangers from your closet. On a longer cruise you can get lots of hangers.

If you have delicates that need tender care , do not send them to laundry. I usually either wash out personal items and launder other delicates in the self serve washer. People make a big deal out of the elite laundry perk. It's OK if you have clothes you don't care about!

Last year on the Grand it took three days to return the laundry, and our Steward began delivering the items around 6:00pm. There was a letter in the cabin explaining that there were many elite on this cruise. This was a problem for my husband. However, to remedy that he needed to send a bag each morning (leaving it on the bed when we left in the morning) and then when they began to come back he had clean stuff each day.

We send almost everything out and have not had a problem over more than ten cruises being elite.

We just leave on the bed and the cabin steward gets it. It is usually back in 2 days.
With so many Elites, this is changing. It can take anywhere from 2-8 days and my last two cruises, there was a notice four days before disembarkation that no more Elite laundry would be accepted. :(

I believe that the complimentary laundry/cleaning perk has lost much of its luster since I first became elite. In the last 3 or so years, I have seen wait times of over 5 days to get laundry and also seen a lot of items come back with small pin holes or other damage. I had a silk shirt "dry cleaned" that faded out so much, I can no longer wear it. For these reasons, I now often use the laundromat instead. It costs $6 to wash and dry a load which I usually do on a port day where I return early or during early dining hours. The clothes are clean, undamaged and ready to wear again in about 1/1/2 hours.

They're really good about it. Inside your stateroom closet you'll find 2 laundry bags w/ forms. Put as many clothes as you need done into the bag(s), and if you need more bags, just ask. It really is unlimited. Fill out the form and mark $0 for each item with a $0 total. Also write "Elite" on the comments line at the bottom. Check the box for "next day service" because that's the only one that's free for Elite. Normal turnaround is to give the steward the bags or leave them in your room for him/her by 9 AM, and the clean items will be delivered back to you by 6 PM the next day. That said, I've had things returned same day all the way to 3 days later. It depends on the demand on your sailing. Everything comes back neatly pressed. I've never had a problem and am always pleased with the quality of service.

They cleaned our underwear better than we could do it ourselves. I don't like to pack our nicest clothes when we travel, anyway, so I wasn't too concerned about trusting it in their hands. Our laundry was done okay (we had two sizable loads). However, we got the laundry perk as a result of being Suite passengers, not Elite, and our turnaround time was closer to 2 days. Also, our first drop was on Day 2 of the cruise (we had a land portion before the cruise), and that was quick. The queues are probably not too deep when the cruise first starts--day 2 of the cruise is probably day 2 of most people's vacation.

Edited by tetleytea

I believe that the complimentary laundry/cleaning perk has lost much of its luster since I first became elite. In the last 3 or so years, I have seen wait times of over 5 days to get laundry and also seen a lot of items come back with small pin holes or other damage. I had a silk shirt "dry cleaned" that faded out so much, I can no longer wear it. For these reasons, I now often use the laundromat instead. It costs $6 to wash and dry a load which I usually do on a port day where I return early or during early dining hours. The clothes are clean, undamaged and ready to wear again in about 1/1/2 hours.

Idea for an expanded Elite perk: free laundry also in the self-service laundry rooms. $6 is getting a bit steep, but I would prefer to do my own since I have a lot of stuff I don't like to wash in other than cold water or put into a dryer. That would be a perk that would get me excited.

I have been lucky. Left laundry in the morning back by that evening. Everything beautifully pressed and on hangers. I never take expensive clothes on holidays, cotton tops and pants. No complaints here.

THANK YOU!That pricing and timing information is invaluable for me!

On medical grounds I use a portable mattress protector which is a bit bulky to pack. I was wondering about using disposables-do have some but not as reliable. I now know to allow AUD$8 per day with some extra, to wash and dry the protector, and to "estimate" 2 hours in total-washing's not the problem, it's making sure it's thoroughly dry! I've always, when using my local Laundromat, allowed an extra 10 minutes-good commercial dryer, so will allow an extra 20 minutes, and check before leaving the Laundromat, so I can, if there's a spare dryer, "top up" with more drying.

You've just substantially reduced my packing-I have access to laundry facilities at the hotel and with my cousins before I cruise, and in Melbourne where I'm overnighting to check out the hotel-good Handicapped Accessible Facilities, and I want to document them for my TA so she and the other agents can reassure other patrons that, "Someone who is also Handicapped and knows what to look for, took these photos to show what's available here."

I'm just under 68 weeks to cruising. Every Friday is now exciting as it means I'm a whole week closer to boarding my cruise! :D

They cleaned our underwear better than we could do it ourselves. I don't like to pack our nicest clothes when we travel, anyway, so I wasn't too concerned about trusting it in their hands. Our laundry was done okay (we had two sizable loads). However, we got the laundry perk as a result of being Suite passengers, not Elite, and our turnaround time was closer to 2 days. Also, our first drop was on Day 2 of the cruise (we had a land portion before the cruise), and that was quick. The queues are probably not too deep when the cruise first starts--day 2 of the cruise is probably day 2 of most people's vacation.

THANK YOU! I'm on a 3 night cruise in a Window Suite on the Golden Princess and was wondering about sending out laundry on the 1st morning. I have 1 item that I'll deal with myself as I need it at night, and it's quite bulky. Disposables aren't are reliable and even WORSE for bulk!