Experienced Cruisers -what is the 1st item of business?

desertgal92262

I have been cruising Carnival, and having FTTF (which allows early boarding) gets me to my cabin-so if all is right, then I leave my stuff in the cabin, and (oh don't hate me) head to the one area on the ship where you can smoke while they are fueling the ship) have a smoke, and go get lunch.

Now things have been known to change, and sometimes we get on late-and once we leave off the luggage?- We get a very nice fruity fruit punch with no rum, and sit back, and take a deep breathe, and smile and realize we are of vacation.:D and we don't have to do anything for at least 5 days.:D;)

It's usually too early to drop my carry-on in my room, so (for an afternoon departure) I grab some lunch and sit in the central lounge to watch people come and go.

If I arrive a little later and my cabin is ready, the first thing I do is change my travel-weary clothes, then grab lunch and go people-watching.

Have lunch at the buffet, drop hand luggage off in the cabin (other way 'round if cabins are ready when you board) grab a ship's "map" and daily program and wonder and explore, check out alternative dining options and book (if so inclined) then be up on deck for sail-away review daily program again and do what interests you.

the first thing I do is head to the MDR and talk to the Maitre D about my food allergy. :rolleyes: Then either to the cabin to drop off our carry on. If Cabin isn't ready, then we roam around the ship and get some lunch. A beverage will also be in my hand. Maybe adult, maybe not. :D

We get to port early so we have a relaxed afternoon before the rush to get unpacked. We are usually on board before noon.

1) Take care of anything we want to sign up for (e.g., wine package, spa passes)

2) Head up to a bar that overlooks the pool deck and settle in for a few hours. Great people watching!

3) Decide we need a nosh from somewhere to go with our beer.

4) Walk around the ship to sight see.

5) Unpack

If your stateroom is available when you embark, go there to drop off carry-ons and then study at the Daily Activity Schedule, looking for the time of the Muster Drill, when the lunch service stops, and reviewing the other activities, thinking about what/when you want to do for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Then, if there are specific special activities that require advance booking, i.e. spa appointments, specialty dining room meals, do that. After, third, enjoy your first lunch aboard.

If the stateroom will not be available when you embark, there may be an abbreviated Daily Schedule available at check-in and that should be studied as soon as you can in order to help you plan your time that suits you best.