Using FCC with Online Travel Agent

CeeCee59

Just curious about using FCC if you book through an online travel agent. Is this possible? I've emailed the company in question but I'm too impatient to wait for their response. I've always booked directly with Princess in the past but the price difference is over $300 per person - too good to pass up. Would I also get the OBC associated with using this cruise credit?

Just curious about using FCC if you book through an online travel agent. Is this possible? I've emailed the company in question but I'm too impatient to wait for their response. I've always booked directly with Princess in the past but the price difference is over $300 per person - too good to pass up. Would I also get the OBC associated with using this cruise credit?

i always use an online agent and no problem using your FCC and if they offer any OBC you can get extra from the FCC plus the agent too

We had a problem last year with that, couldn't find any agent who would give us the same price, so my cabin mate got a cheaper rate paying cash by 10% or so, and I paid full price for the other bed as I had FCC. The agents said they didn't get commission from Princess on my FCC. Princess say that's not true. And as the FCC exceeded the cost of the cruise by a bit the balance was lost.

FCC are not as good a thing as you might think so if there is an option always strive to get a cash refund from Princess if you can rather than a FCC.

We had a problem last year with that, couldn't find any agent who would give us the same price, so my cabin mate got a cheaper rate paying cash by 10% or so, and I paid full price for the other bed as I had FCC. The agents said they didn't get commission from Princess on my FCC. Princess say that's not true. And as the FCC exceeded the cost of the cruise by a bit the balance was lost.

FCC are not as good a thing as you might think so if there is an option always strive to get a cash refund from Princess if you can rather than a FCC.

I don't think you're talking about the same thing here. I believe the FCC you had was for a missed cruise/port, a move over offer or some other special situation. In that case, the cash refund MIGHT be a better option, but often those types of FCCs can get you a better cabin and/or better price.

The FCC I think the OP was talking about is actually the onboard sales promotion where you pay 100$ and get a "certificate" that that can be used as the total deposit for another cruise and entitles you to a certain amount of "free" OBC depending on the cabin category booked and length of cruise. THOSE FCCs ARE a good deal!!

Thats a great savings. You may be surprised if you shop around a little.

There could be more savings to be had. ;)

The TA that I use the most (online w/an occasional phone call) can see the FCC in our information when we book. Never had an issue.

Any TA can see you have a Future Cruise Deposit in place. If they don't want to apply it or say they can't see it then you need a different TA as that one is a crook.

I don't think you're talking about the same thing here. I believe the FCC you had was for a missed cruise/port, a move over offer or some other special situation. In that case, the cash refund MIGHT be a better option, but often those types of FCCs can get you a better cabin and/or better price.

The FCC I think the OP was talking about is actually the onboard sales promotion where you pay 100$ and get a "certificate" that that can be used as the total deposit for another cruise and entitles you to a certain amount of "free" OBC depending on the cabin category booked and length of cruise. THOSE FCCs ARE a good deal!!

I thought there was only one FCC, a Future Cruise Credit - the other - which we buy in lots of 5 - is a $100 FCD, Future Cruise Deposit.

So maybe the OP meant a FCD? I was just going on what they actually typed, possibly a mistake I shouldn't have made.

The FCD are a good deal, but not as good as they used to be as they are worth less OBC in most cases than several years ago.

It was the FCC we had problems with.

The TA that I use the most (online w/an occasional phone call) can see the FCC in our information when we book. Never had an issue.

Are you sure you mean a FCC - Future Cruise Credit - not a FCD - Future Cruise Deposit?

Its not usual to often have FCC's while everybody who has sailed Princess and intends to sail again within 2 years should have one FCD at least.

And yes you can see them in My Princess on the Princess website.

This is the subject line of the future cruise deposit letter received by e-mail from Princess:

Subject: Future Cruise Deposit Letter: 12345678

This is how the same letter is referred to in the text of the letter:

Future Cruise Credit ID: 12345678

So, Princess uses FCD and FCC interchangeably. There is the source of the abbreviation confusion.

FCC is what everyone here refers to as the FCD you are talking about. I have never heard anyone refer to a FCD until now.

On the my princess personalized it refers to cruise credits not deposits. I can see where you were confused as you are really depositing money with Princess.

Oops. I scrolled further down and it refers to future cruise deposit. Anyways… I think it is too late for all of us to change our terminology because anyone doing a search to find out info would need to look under FCC.

Edited by dickinson

Are you sure you mean a FCC - Future Cruise Credit - not a FCD - Future Cruise Deposit?

Its not usual to often have FCC's while everybody who has sailed Princess and intends to sail again within 2 years should have one FCD at least.

And yes you can see them in My Princess on the Princess website.

For clarity - I was referring to the $100 you can put down while on a cruise to use towards a deposit on a future cruise. Sorry if I've caused confusion by using the wrong term. I guess I was just so excited to find such a good deal! I haven't heard anything back yet but I'm feeling very hopeful. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.