Elite Breakfast

cokies

Getting ready for our October 2nd 10 night cruise on the Reflection. Could anyone give Captains Club breakfast update. Was it a cold Buffet or was it a plate-served breakfast, and if so could you tell us what some of the options were. In any case... I hope the Mimosa's are flowing😊😊😊

It varies from ship to ship, depending in part on how many Elites are on board, also on where in the world the ship is sailing. There have even been cases where it began as one style and half-way through the cruise changed to the other. So you won't know until you get there.

Getting ready for our October 2nd 10 night cruise on the Reflection. Could anyone give Captains Club breakfast update. Was it a cold Buffet or was it a plate-served breakfast, and if so could you tell us what some of the options were. In any case... I hope the Mimosa's are flowing😊😊😊

Do you have to pay for Mimosas?

My last two S-Class cruises had the Elite Breakfast in the Tuscan grill. There was a small menu of about 4 choices (fruit plate, meat plate, smoked salmon (I think) and pastry). No hot items were available.

There were smoothies, mimosas, bloody mary's along with choices of coffee and juice.

The breakfast varies both as to location - In main dining room if there are a lot of Elites like TA crossings and how served. If a US to US port there are regulations that require a different setup for serving. Had hot items on a recent Med cruise in the Tuscan with hot food, but only 30 Elites on board.

From my experience this year on the Eclipse, both times with many elites (drink vouchers used): February....plated menu, June....buffet. No hot items at either. Always had mimosas,etc, ever since elite breakfast started, that I've experienced.☺

You just needed to ask. There were no menus on our TA journey - 1200 Elites. The Med trip had a menu, but you needed to either notice the sign at the restaurant entrance or ask for Mimosas etc. Both trips on Constellation.

Offering included hot eggs and pancakes. Again VERY few Elites. Never saw more than 6 or 8 in the restaurant.

On Solstice earlier this year. Usually have very much enjoyed our Elite breakfasts but this time arrived on the first morning and was very disappointed with meagre selection, so rather reluctantly had breakfast at ocean view cafe for the rest of our long voyage.

Do hope that will not be happening on Eclipse next year.

My experience with the elite breakfast is always the same- on each and every ship- basic selection of cold things in geat surroundings- in other words continental breakfast in nice rooms- a very calm and enjoyable experience without the hussle bussle of the ocean view. So many options - so there is something for everyone I suppose!

On Solstice earlier this year. Usually have very much enjoyed our Elite breakfasts but this time arrived on the first morning and was very disappointed with meagre selection, so rather reluctantly had breakfast at ocean view cafe for the rest of our long voyage.........

My experience with the elite breakfast is always the same- on each and every ship- basic selection of cold things in geat surroundings- in other words continental breakfast in nice rooms- a very calm and enjoyable experience without the hussle bussle of the ocean view........

Besides, they are not mutually exclusive.

So no reason not to enjoy your favorite features of each,

especially as the late buffet breakfast at the ocean view stays open much later than the Elite breakfast.

It is easy enough to start out with the calm and relaxing Elite breakfast, and then head upstairs to indulge in Texed's famous waffles, or eggs benedict, or whatever you like.

But alas, the waffle station usually closes earlier than the late buffet breakfast, so we need to watch the timing when we want waffles.

Edited by fleckle

At the Elite member Coffee Break (open to Elites, Elite Plus, and Zenith members) there is no charge for mimosas and bloody marys and espresso-based coffee drinks like caffe latte and cappuccino.

Hi,

what is "Coffee Break " ? where is it ? and what time ?

It is easy enough to start out with the calm and relaxing Elite breakfast, and then head upstairs to indulge in Texed's famous waffles,

But alas, the waffle station usually closes earlier than the late buffet breakfast, so we need to watch the timing when we want waffles.

I definitely check the times they serve at the waffle station the night before in the newsletter. ;)

At the Elite member Coffee Break (open to Elites, Elite Plus, and Zenith members) there is no charge for mimosas and bloody marys and espresso-based coffee drinks like caffe latte and cappuccino.

Hi Cruisestich:)...coffee break?:eek: You did mean to say Breakfast, right?;)

I am not Cruisestich but in the material on some sailings it has been called Coffee Break. In the past year I have seen it held in specialty restaurant and on one level of MDR when there were many eligible guests onboard. In that case there were hot stations with bacon, sausage, eggs, and pancakes. My husband loved that because he usually comes with me to have coffee and a Bloody Mary, then goes to the full breakfast elsewhere.

We are typically very early risers, even on most vacation days. I love to watch the sunrise over the sea, when the ship is quiet and there are very few passengers around. Some mornings we've been known to enjoy fruit in the buffet, then a continental breakfast with a bloody mary later at the Elite offering. An afternoon nap is always welcome, before enjoying happy hour in the lounge. Hooray for Elite benefits!!!

No hot food, but a very nice continental buffet with a huge variety of bread rolls/ buns, fruit, cheese & meats. Coffee made to order ( and this year they had Lactose Free milk, so I could have a latte) There is a menu of drinks, but they got me an Apple juice which wasn't on the menu ( but maybe depends on the waiter, the C.C hostess said it wasn't available)

We went on sea days when we weren't in a rush. I must admit it didn't seem to be very popular, only tables by the window were taken. I wonder if it's more popular with Americans? Our sailing had 80% Brits on board, who as we know like an 'English Breakfast!'

This is the menu from last March - don't know if it's changed since then.

20674554933_4899f126d5_b.jpg

I really need to question why anyone would go to this given the very limited choices - just to sit in an area that is reserved for elites?

I would rather have real choices for breakfast - the food is free anyway...

I really need to question why anyone would go to this given the very limited choices - just to sit in an area that is reserved for elites?... I would rather have real choices for breakfast - the food is free anyway...

I will answer this from our perspective and not from a bragging heart in any way.

On Solstice to Alaska in May, the Elite breakfast was held in the Tuscan Grille, which is a specialty restaurant at the back of the ship. We went to breakfast there twice. The first time, it was very early on a sea day when we were going through Tracy Arm Straight, and it was glorious. It was peaceful and quiet and the scenery was beautiful. The sun was shining and the snow was sparkling on the mountain tops. It was a time for reflection and solitude, just to enjoy where we were and who we were with. :) We enjoyed the small selection they offered and had two cappuccinos each :o. For us, it couldn't have been more perfect. It reminded us of why we love to cruise so much and how blessed we are to do so.

Yes of course there are other choices onboard - oh, and we found those too! :p:D:p

I really need to question why anyone would go to this given the very limited choices - just to sit in an area that is reserved for elites?

I would rather have real choices for breakfast - the food is free anyway...

It's peaceful, a nice environment for a light breakfast and on the S-Class ships at least it has a great view.

Phil