Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

He spoke of the record number of pinnacles on board but didn't tell the exact numbers. All I know is there were very few of them at the show as he asked them to stand. Maybe they have seen John before and wanted to skip another round of Sweet Caroline. :p

Bet they just found a conference room and dragged their finger nails down a chalkboard to save some time.

Fantastic pics Bill! Were there a lot of stairs and steep hills on the Alcatraz tour?

Thanks

Pam

Only one flight of stairs and that is inside the Prison. But to get up to the prison was a hearty walk. The road switches back and forth about four time. If you look at this picture you start at the level of the boat and the big building on top is the prison. A ranger guides you up to the building along the road and stops at two of the switchbacks to talk (and to let us catch our breath :p)

5be9083010bdb91b8e426b8c06ebabca.jpg

Last night after dinner we finished the evening by attending the welcome aboard show. It was hosted by the cruise director John Blair and his wife Katrina who is the activities director.

Did it start with a 10 minute video commercial for Royal Caribbean? That happened on my last Freedom cruise, I'm hoping its not a new trend, commercials at Sea before shows.

Wifi update:

TERRIBLE experience on Jewel's own computers in the centrum last night.

Excellent signal in my cabin right now, 9516. (Most of the way forward)

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Just guessing, but the last time I looked at those computers, I notice that the virus protection was dated from 3 years prior. I'm guessing they keep refreshing the image on those computers and don't do updates. <-That could cause facebook and a lot of other issues.

Edited by BillOh

Only one flight of stairs and that is inside the Prison. But to get up to the prison was a hearty walk. The road switches back and forth about four time. If you look at this picture you start at the level of the boat and the big building on top is the prison. A ranger guides you up to the building along the road and stops at two of the switchbacks to talk (and to let us catch our breath :p)

5be9083010bdb91b8e426b8c06ebabca.jpg

On our visit a few years ago, we discovered a golf cart type shuttle ....only we discovered it on our way down!!! DH arthritis really could of used it going up. ;)

Did it start with a 10 minute video commercial for Royal Caribbean? That happened on my last Freedom cruise, I'm hoping its not a new trend, commercials at Sea before shows.

Not for the headliner show but they did show it at the welcome aboard show the first night.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

On our visit a few years ago, we discovered a golf cart type shuttle ....only we discovered it on our way down!!! DH arthritis really could of used it going up. ;)

Yes they still have the shuttle. They stated it was for those people with needs. We didn't figure being out of shape was a "need" so we didn't try. [emoji12]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk