very disappointed with room change

Charlie Chan

This means I have to spend time jumping around and trying to get it sorted out..............................................I need a holiday!!!!!

That's for alerting us to what's going on!

regards,

Josie

Did you use a travel agent??

Get them to do the work for you

I want you to succeed, so I feel like I must give you a quick note. Your Agent won't be able to access the link to these boards without being signed in as a member.

I've got a great deal of experience in trying top send links to outsiders ;)

You are incorrect

Anyone can READ the forum except for the Roll call areas without being a member

That is what happened to us. There was an alumni group. I should have fought for an upgrade or some compensation. A bottle of wine would have been a nice gesture or an OBC.

I was right it was a group there were quite a few cabins available last Tuesday ,but by the evening they had all gone .

A case of wine is on the way to me for all the trouble caused and may be another little something ( trying for free internet )has been promised by my travel agent.

I cannot believe that this happens without at least them asking you before it is changed. I have had it happen to me where the Group PCC called me to ask if I would be willing to change my cabin, as it did not bother me for the change I said it was ok and that is from Carnival so I would think that O is a little more proper about this situation.

Did you use a travel agent??

Get them to do the work for you

Hi

I passed this back to my agent when booking on board Riviera last month,and between my agent ( who I will not use again) and Oceania a complete mess was made of the booking and now the room number change came as the final straw!

I've just "jumped" all over the agent in an attempt to get it sorted! I have given them 'till Monday then I will ring/email their managing Director.

Phew!

Josie

You are incorrect

Anyone can READ the forum except for the Roll call areas without being a member

Perhaps the confusion stems from the fact that an imbedded link in a CC message won't open without being signed in as a member. My work computer isn't constantly signed into CC (so I'm viewed as a visitor). Every time I click an imbedded link at work it asks me to sign in.

Thank you very much to all those who have responded . Originally, I did not intend to post as I am not a whinger but when I read roger b’s similar situation, I felt it was important to show that he was not the only one affected. I do feel that this issue needs to be addressed by Oceania, especially as others are also reporting the same problem.

I know that all cruise lines have the right to change cabins, cancel cruises etc so I am not disputing this. I just feel that it would have helped if we had at least been informed of the change. I am normally a glass half full person, and if Oceania had approached us with a reason, I would not feel so antagonistic. We have close to 500 days cruising and this is the first time this has happened. It was not a last minute booking, so I cannot see why Oceania cannot reassign us our original cabin. If we can be moved, so can our “usurpers”.

I have the feeling our agent believes she has done all she can to redress this situation, but I have forwarded to her a link to this forum so that she can see your responses. In the mean time, we have sent a fairly terse email to Oceania in Australia addressing our concerns. Our Australian office is closed until Monday so I will not be able to report anything new until then. We are hoping to have a response to our original email to head office in the next few days.

Jay23 – as you said, it is not a great introduction to Oceania for us. First impressions always count. I also understand your comment about possible large groups.

I would appreciate it if someone could post a phone number/contact (and city) for Oceania in the USA so we can phone from here. When we try to do a search, it reverts to the Australian office. This would give us the chance to escalate this to a higher level.

Again, thank you all for your words of encouragement. We will not give up without a fight!

This is the "immediate assistance" number:

305-514-2300

Good luck. Don't give up!!

Donna

Perhaps the confusion stems from the fact that an imbedded link in a CC message won't open without being signed in as a member. My work computer isn't constantly signed into CC (so I'm viewed as a visitor). Every time I click an imbedded link at work it asks me to sign in.

I just sent myself a link to another email addy

I can read the thread but had to log in to reply

will get DH to check from his computer ..he is not a member here

I was right it was a group there were quite a few cabins available last Tuesday ,but by the evening they had all gone .

A case of wine is on the way to me for all the trouble caused and may be another little something ( trying for free internet )has been promised by my travel agent.

Roger, I could have sworn our cruise had unlimited internet as a perk. Maybe you guys over there get a different set of perks.

As bad as it sounds, it's just poor management and customer service. If they have a group each person that needed to be moved should have been given a call or letter asking if they would be moved. Than a bottle of wine or flowers with a note thanking the person would be nice.

Rick

Ugh! So sorry you're starting off disappointed!

We've been on 3 O cruises with large groups and in our opinion, you're better off away from their cabins, trust us. But O should have ASKED you or at least notified you of the change and offered compensation of some sort.

Ugh! So sorry you're starting off disappointed!

We've been on 3 O cruises with large groups and in our opinion, you're better off away from their cabins, trust us. But O should have ASKED you or at least notified you of the change and offered compensation of some sort.

Sorry! but I must put my five eggs in again. Please think very carefully before you get your "old" suite back. That's not to say O should not have handled it better. Perhaps you could choose another suite... like an upgrade for instance!! Very flakey customer service. Good luck.

I just sent myself a link to another email addy

I can read the thread but had to log in to reply

will get DH to check from his computer ..he is not a member here

Just to say DH accessed a link to this thread &could read it on HIS computer without being a member

Ok done now

Yes We have different offer in the U.K free drinks package and grats.

I'd gladly trade my free internet, value 27.99 a day vs. the drink package, 59.95 a day, that is if you are getting the Prestige package.

-

Is there any way a passenger can find out if there is a large group on board your cruise before you book it? We were on 1 cruise where there was a very large group. It was not the noise of people talking to each other in the halls that was bothersome, as that did not happen. However, some of the venues were closed. at certain times, and only the member of the group were allowed to attend. Do not want that to happen again.

Thanks for any replies.

-

Again - thank you to all who are providing me with so much information. I have some minutes for international calls on my phone so may be able to utilise those later on if need be.

In my frustrated state I did not pick up earlier that we are not on the same cruise as Kazu and roger b so will not have the alumni group to contend with. Kazu - your cabin is safe! We are on the Westerdam roll call group with you, not the Oceania one. We are on the 30 day Nautica voyage from Cape Town to Singapore. I'm still guessing it's all about cabins wanting to be together.

On a brighter note, we received our cruise booklet today. It is more impressive than any we've received from other lines!

Hopefully, we'll be able to get a bit more information/satisfaction tomorrow.

We've felt so supported by the Oceania CC community. Thank you for helping out a couple of newbies.

To be continued ....

Again - thank you to all who are providing me with so much information. I have some minutes for international calls on my phone so may be able to utilise those later on if need be.

In my frustrated state I did not pick up earlier that we are not on the same cruise as Kazu and roger b so will not have the alumni group to contend with. Kazu - your cabin is safe! We are on the Westerdam roll call group with you, not the Oceania one. We are on the 30 day Nautica voyage from Cape Town to Singapore. I'm still guessing it's all about cabins wanting to be together.

On a brighter note, we received our cruise booklet today. It is more impressive than any we've received from other lines!

Hopefully, we'll be able to get a bit more information/satisfaction tomorrow.

We've felt so supported by the Oceania CC community. Thank you for helping out a couple of newbies.

To be continued ....

oops, my faux pas ;) how could I mix up my roll calls :confused::o

On a more serious note, looking forward to hearing how you make out.

Like you, I have found the Oceania board very helpful and appreciate it :)

-

Is there any way a passenger can find out if there is a large group on board your cruise before you book it? We were on 1 cruise where there was a very large group. It was not the noise of people talking to each other in the halls that was bothersome, as that did not happen. However, some of the venues were closed. at certain times, and only the member of the group were allowed to attend. Do not want that to happen again.

Thanks for any replies.

-

I don't know how you'd find out about large groups ahead of time unless you have a TA as well connected as mine. In the cases cited in this thread, it would appear the large group booked after the folks posting, else their reserved cabins would not have been to be moved.

-

Thanks for any replies.

-

I google the name of the cruise, year, and alumni...the alumni groups it is being sold to will pop up. I learned for my cruise we will be joined by alumni groups from Kent Sate and Alabama.

Whoever designed the brochure for Kent State Alumni for the European Hideaways cruise needs a geography lesson....the map is from Rome to Venice and the cruise is from Barcelona to Rome.:D

Lee, in our dozen or so O cruises this has never happened to us.

But I, too, am concerned that it MIGHT happen down the road. I hope not. <snip>

In your case I would suggest being proactive -- write to O (or your TA) first to say that you will NOT entertain a last minute cabin change.

Oh yes, we did already. We made it very clear to our TA that we do not want to be moved for any reason. We also do not want any automatic "upgrades" because even if we move up in category, we would end up with a WORSE situation as the room size would be the same (Veranda cabin) but it wouldn't have the extended deck.

But the more I read this thread, the more concerned I get!

I am eagerly awaiting to hear the outcome of this for the OP, and hoping that Oceania does the right thing, whatever that turns out to be.

Oh yes, we did already. We made it very clear to our TA that we do not want to be moved for any reason. We also do not want any automatic "upgrades" because even if we move up in category, we would end up with a WORSE situation as the room size would be the same (Veranda cabin) but it wouldn't have the extended deck.

But the more I read this thread, the more concerned I get!

I am eagerly awaiting to hear the outcome of this for the OP, and hoping that Oceania does the right thing, whatever that turns out to be.

Im sorry, I dont understand your concern..there have been two changes out of thousands of bookings and one was resolved already..I suggest you forget about it and enjoy looking forward to your cruise..maybe stop reading the thread

Jancruz1