Seafood night in Windjammer

I saw it on a post a few weeks ago. And it showed a couple items on a menu for a theme for WJ. I saw a few posts for Oasis that second formal night had crab legs. I was trying to get confirmation...a couple people said yes second formal night but then again...not 100 percent sure. If anyone can confirm I would appreciate it...I love lobster but four of the six prefer crab. Thanks.

Sorry just double checked my notes. I show Seafood extravaganza for WJ on Sunday for Oasis and Thursday was Ocean Drive (crab and shrimp). These are from people posting info within last four months including copies of menus. I guess I will check the digital info boards each day for the menus.

Sorry just double checked my notes. I show Seafood extravaganza for WJ on Sunday for Oasis and Thursday was Ocean Drive (crab and shrimp). These are from people posting info within last four months including copies of menus. I guess I will check the digital info boards each day for the menus.

The Windjammer doesn't have menus ?!?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Saw that the Windjammer has a seafood night as on of its themes. Has anyone gone and what type of seafood did they have? :)

I remember reading that someone reported lobster tails in the Windjammer on a second formal night. Could this be what you are referring to?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The Windjammer doesn't have menus ?!?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

They do have specialties or themes every night.

Mexican, French, English, etc.

Some ships have stir fry night, crepe night etc

I remember that being posted here on CC too. I don't recall the exact night. I think their cruise possibly had it on the 2nd formal night. They were mentioning crab legs and shrimp. We're on the Allure in November so it would be great to hear if it was just a one time deal or something they're continuing!

These were the Windjammer themes on a very recent Oasis Eastern itinerary. (The themes are listed on the Cruise Compass daily).

Saturday (Day 1): Texas BBQ

Sunday (Day 2): Seafood Extravaganza **This is also the 1st formal night in MDR

Monday (Day 3): La Vida Loca

Tuesday (Day 4): Shanghai Surprise

Wednesday (Day 5): Prime Rib

Thursday (Day 6): Ocean Drive **This is also the 2nd formal night in MDR

Friday (Day 7): Turning Japanese

Yup,We had it on oasis last november 2014. Lobster tail and shrimp.. Not very good,and mad rush when they came out with it to refill pans.Everybody was rude,cutting line,forcing hands over my plate.Truely unbelievable behaivor.People grabbing 8 lobster tails at a time..I will not go to windjammer again on that night if its on our nov 2015 cruise on allure.

These were the Windjammer themes on a very recent Oasis Eastern itinerary. (The themes are listed on the Cruise Compass daily).

Saturday (Day 1): Texas BBQ

Sunday (Day 2): Seafood Extravaganza **This is also the 1st formal night in MDR

Monday (Day 3): La Vida Loca

Tuesday (Day 4): Shanghai Surprise

Wednesday (Day 5): Prime Rib

Thursday (Day 6): Ocean Drive **This is also the 2nd formal night in MDR

Friday (Day 7): Turning Japanese

Thanks a bunch.

Questions

Is La Vida Loca an Italian Theme?

Difference between Seafood Extravaganza and Ocean Drive?

....Everybody was rude,cutting line,forcing hands over my plate.Truely unbelievable behaivor.People grabbing 8 lobster tails at a time..I will not go to windjammer again on that night...

How awful! Such disgusting behavior. I guess some people feel they need to fill up on the lobster as it isn't something you would normally buy for yourself to eat at home. *shrug*

I remember reading that someone reported lobster tails in the Windjammer on a second formal night. Could this be what you are referring to?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I always go to the windjammer in both formal nights and I have never seen lobster.

Same here....maybe it's just an Oasis thing ;)

Unless it's something new this year , I was in both oasis and allure and no lobster at the windjammer. And believe me, I walk around in every single station because I always find a dish that is only offered in a special spot but no lobster at all. If I find lobster that will be the only night I will be skipping MDR lol

Same here....maybe it's just an Oasis thing ;)

I was just on Oasis last week and CAN CONFIRM that seafood was available in the Windjammer on both formal nights. There is a side station set up at the midway point of both sides. On the first formal night, they had (small) lobster tails with butter, of which I ate many, and feel little to no regret. On the second formal night, they had King Crab legs and shrimp, with the same side station setup.

There were no riots and no trading of punches witnessed by me during these times. At worst (on lobster night), I think that the line was maybe four or five deep, and moved very very quickly. I think that lobster night was the better of the two, and it was nice to have as an option, and not have to wear a suit to do it. :cool: