Suite benefits or lack thereof

Useless future cruise certificate

Moving to a class system

Adding additional cabins

Dynamic Dining

CATS

Fake service dogs

Etc, etc, etc.....

What is meant by CATS? Kind of new to RCCL.

CATS is the West End and Broadway musical. Most people seem to hate it with a passion. It is on Oasis. I enjoyed it

Oh THANK YOU!

I thought we were talking about emotional support animals. Considering how allergic I am, I was just envisioning getting to my room and having to disembark to breathe!

I can live with theatrical cats. ;-)

What's are singlets?

Just making sure I dont wear them.

Thanks

The outfit wrestlers wear. Think of the yellow one in the Borat movie. Nasty

Nah, not quite the thing Borat wears...tee hee

You will probably know singlets by another name, but they are sleeveless vests , also called tank tops , usually made from t-shirt type material. Often with a print on the front or a slogan, (like Bintang beer)

Two Thumbs Up. :)

This whole topic puzzles me. Most people are not great cooks. What is it that people eat when they are home? :confused:

This is my thought as well, what or where do these people eat on a daily basis? There is a reason 5 star restaurants have very limited seating, it because there is no possible way to serve 3500 gourmet made to order main courses in a day let alone in 4 hours.

p02c9n6x.jpg

Now THIS is a singlet as I understand it! :D Anyone familiar with Rab C?

When I saw this picture it reminded me of the movie

The sound of music

......the hills are alive with the sound of music.....

I was really tired when I saw this picture.

Yup

Wife beater for sure:eek:

Thanks for the picture, did not mean to hit on your humor.

Now that's specific. Kinda sounds like shrimp and grits though. Yummy

We first had that meal on Explorer and I found it a bit bland. After the cruise, I spotted a few negative comments on it with the same thoughts. I don't know if they've pulled that off the menu yet, but it certainly was awful. This was my first and last time trying polenta. The sea bass was edible though, to the least, but all the same, a very bland dinner. My fault for picking it out.

No dedicated sports bar on the Freedom and Oasis class ships!

The On Air Club with a handful of "big screen" 25" LCDs does NOT count as a sports bar, especially when there is a free champagne art auction occupying the venue when an NLCS playoff game is on :mad: Just experienced this last week. I understand the limited channel variety due to the satellite feed, but Royal Caribbean is really lacking when it comes to a sports-themed bar area.

***The Diamond/Diamond+ Darlings*** who always feel they are not valued enough for their contribution to revenue. They love to complain and moan about their diminishing perks. Love the ones who think they are "Royalty", especially on these boards. I wonder if these lovely individuals will ever learn that you can't complain your way to happiness [emoji6]

You don't ever hear about Gold, Platinum, Emerald or Pinnacle members complaining like this group of whiners. You always know they are Diamond/Diamond + because that is how they start every post - "We are Diamond/+......"

It seems for some reaching this level of achievement is their life's dedication and their greatest accomplishment.

My first experience with a Pinnacle member in the CL was listening to her complain about how people in suites were getting upgrades but she wasn't.

<begin sarcasm>

DW and I will hit Diamond on our next cruise. So what I really need to know from the D and D+ folks, is there a class we need to take while onboard or a handout with guidelines for proper Diamond complaining? I want to get it right and not look like a complete newbie when I get back and post on CC.

What I'd really like to see people start complaining about is that warm half of a tomato when you order hash browns on the room service menu. Sheesh! I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to do with that. Eat it? Make ketchup out of it? What?

<end sarcasm>

My first experience with a Pinnacle member in the CL was listening to her complain about how people in suites were getting upgrades but she wasn't.

DW and I will hit Diamond on our next cruise. So what I really need to know from the D and D+ folks, is there a class we need to take while onboard or a handout with guidelines for proper Diamond complaining? I want to get it right and not look like a complete newbie when I get back and post on CC.

What I'd really like to see people start complaining about is that warm half of a tomato when you order hash browns on the room service menu. Sheesh! I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to do with that. Eat it? Make ketchup out of it? What?

Nope just hang around these boards on occasion will give you a good idea. You must have missed my follow up post on what exactly this class complains about most. Please do give us an update on your r upcoming cruise if they have in fact added Windows to the diamond staterooms yet ok?

In case you missed it:

"I can't believe the concierge didn't remember me from 10 cruises ago"

"Where are my crystal blocks"

"I can't believe they tried to bring someone who is not part of our club into our lounge"

"Why haven't they named a ship after me yet?"

"Shouldn't I be recognized as soon as I board the ship with a parade"

"Shouldn't the captain visit me in my stateroom for my personal requests each day"

"When are they going to add windows to my stateroom?"

"What do you mean I just can't take the whole bottle of booze from the lounge back to my cabin?"

"You mean to tell me my diamond pin won't get me out of a speeding ticket?"

"Aren't we supposed to get Michael Bayley's cell phone number to provide him feedback directly?"

"I thought my Diamond discount gave me a discount at Diamonds International?"

Edited by CaribSailor

<begin sarcasm>

<end sarcasm>

Anyone can complain about anything and it has nothing to do with any demographic including C&A level. They're just complainers period. I've met many D, D+, and Pinnacles without ever finding any of them entitled or off putting. Mostly they've all been very helpful and love to talk about cruising. They're not bragging. They're sharing and I appreciate hearing their experiences. I don't understand the negativity toward people who have achieved a higher C&A level...envy maybe? Anyway, it's a tiresome whine here on Cruise Critic.

The reason I am so dedicated to RCCL after cruising for years with other lines is because of a handful of Pinnacle tier cruisers I met on my first 3 RCCL cruises.

These have been the most social and friendly people I've met on a trip in my entire life, and I was amazed at how much information they shared freely with me.

On the flipside, I've met some of the most entitled cruisers ever who happened to be D (not D+) cruisers. I'm going from gold to diamond in under 2 years -- being D isn't a big deal if I can do it for under $5000 in under 2 years. It's a nice tier, some of the perks are useful I'm sure, but it doesn't make you anything special.

Lately, some other rewards programs have been shifting tiers from days/miles/nights to requiring a specific annual spending. I actually support this move as many of the best programs out there have been slaughtered because overly price conscious members found ways to get to higher status and then demanded too much. Once Revenue sees this happening, perks will get slaughtered.

I am just wondering which cruises were you able to take that uou were able to get 80 points for under $5000.

I am in the same boat as I have just started sailing and project to be diamond in about another year. Just real curious as I have spent way over $5000 to accumulate these cruise points. I have averaged any where from $70 - $200 per night per passenger. All the fun is cruising and the perks are just the icing. Thanks