New Name For Beds on Princess Survey

cormike1

Did anyone else receive the survey about Princess changing the beds and the new name to choose for the new beds?

I laughed at some of the names....just my opinion.....don't flog me please!

Infinity bed, Serenity bed, my personal favourite...divinity bed NOT LOL.

They also had luxe bed.

I did like the Princess bed. It could go well with the slogan "Come back new after being rocked gently to sleep in your own Princess bed" Sound good?

Anyhow I wondered if this had been sent randomly or to all past Princess cruisers.

Got one and I ranked those names low. When asked to explain, I said they sound like death. I ranked ' ThePrincess Luxury Bed' and 'The Princess Luxe Bed' the highest.
The survey is sent to those who have agreed to participate. It's not an open survey and I'm not sure we're allowed to discuss. :(

I like "The Princess Luxe Bed" or just "The Bed You Don't Have to Make for a Week" equally well.

Now THAT one I like! :D

Our last cruise I didn't have to make the bed for 17 days. Going back to reality was harsh.

Did anyone else receive the survey about Princess changing the beds and the new name to choose for the new beds?

I laughed at some of the names....just my opinion.....don't flog me please!

Infinity bed, Serenity bed, my personal favourite...divinity bed NOT LOL.

They also had luxe bed.

I did like the Princess bed. It could go well with the slogan "Come back new after being rocked gently to sleep in your own Princess bed" Sound good?

Anyhow I wondered if this had been sent randomly or to all past Princess cruisers.

I wonder what differentiates the five types of beds. Now they just have a queen and a single although two singles put together is a king in most places. Maybe an infinity bed would be nice.

I agree that marketing has been overthinking this to the max.

Now THAT one I like! :D

Our last cruise I didn't have to make the bed for 17 days. Going back to reality was harsh.

Yeah......post cruise depression is real, and only treatable by booking another cruise. Don't want to go back to work? Can't understand why your fridge isn't stocked with ready-made salads on decorative plates? Bewildered by that pile of laundry or a un-made bed? Confounded by a day without a Patter laying out your choices? Yep- you've got post-cruise depression! See your TA ASAP!

Yeah......post cruise depression is real, and only treatable by booking another cruise. Don't want to go back to work? Can't understand why your fridge isn't stocked with ready-made salads on decorative plates? Bewildered by that pile of laundry or a un-made bed? Confounded by a day without a Patter laying out your choices? Yep- you've got post-cruise depression! See your TA ASAP!

And that first dinner back on land. Restaurants don't appreciating you just getting up and leaving when you are done!

Also the scenery never changes outside the bedroom window at home

I wonder what differentiates the five types of beds. Now they just have a queen and a single although two singles put together is a king in most places. Maybe an infinity bed would be nice.

I agree that marketing has been overthinking this to the max.

The bed is the same for all five.

They are trying to figure out what name to market that bed under.

It is marketing. A subdivision near us has street names such as Mighty Redwood, Whitewater Falls, Echo Hill, Valley Green, Soaring Forest and Glacier Brook, all are flat streets with no water, hills or valleys in sight and two trees (pine or oak) planted on each lot. But calling a street 4th Street does not help marketing.

Oh drat! Here I was thinking Princes was going to offer a mattress menu, so passengers could pick and choose among them for one that would suit them best. LOL!!

I'm perfectly comfortable with the good old no-name mattresses Princess currently offers, but I do wish there was a choice of bed pillows. I hated the big fat super soft king pillows that were on my bed on the Emerald. Yep, I know they look nice when the bed is made up for the day, but I'd prefer a thinner firmer pillow for sleeping, as I am a side sleeper, and do not like feeling as if I am about to be smothered by the fat pouffy ones they put on my bed.

The survey is sent to those who have agreed to participate. It's not an open survey and I'm not sure we're allowed to discuss. :(

Hi Pam,

I did not see anywhere that said not to discuss this with anyone. I did not look very carefully at other things on the page except the questions asked of me to answer. I would not have even mentioned it here if I knew I wasn't supposed to. Why I asked is to see if everybody got one. I thought some of the name choices were over the top and it just seemed like overkill to me. My opinion and I was interested in seeing what others thought.

When I read the first page it welcomed me home from our latest cruise and asked me to take the short survey as they were changing out a lot of the beds and wondered what to call them. Just as I do the general survey we always receive when we get home, I did this one.

It sounds like you received it to Pam. Can you tell me where it said not to discuss this with anyone....I certainly would not have had I known.

I know you are way more experienced with cruising with Princess than I am Pam so I really respect what you have to say.

Thanks Pam.

Corinne

I gave my highest mark, 3, to Princess Bed. When they asked why I gave a zero to "Luxe" I responded that anything named "Luxe" should be thrown overboard.

I also remarked that they were putting too much thought into this silly project.

Steve

Hi Pam,

I did not see anywhere that said not to discuss this with anyone. I did not look very carefully at other things on the page except the questions asked of me to answer. I would not have even mentioned it here if I knew I wasn't supposed to. Why I asked is to see if everybody got one. I thought some of the name choices were over the top and it just seemed like overkill to me. My opinion and I was interested in seeing what others thought.

When I read the first page it welcomed me home from our latest cruise and asked me to take the short survey as they were changing out a lot of the beds and wondered what to call them. Just as I do the general survey we always receive when we get home, I did this one.

What Pam is referring to is a survey program by Princess that periodically sends out to those who signed up for it various questions about possible Princess offerings, pictures to use in catalogs, what to name things, etc.

In signing up for that series of surveys, you agree not to discuss specifics with other people.

Based on your experience with the bed naming survey, that survey went out to those in the survey program as well as to some people who recently returned from a Princess cruise.

Obviously those who received it and are not part of the survey program never saw or agreed to any restrictions.

What Pam is referring to is a survey program by Princess that periodically sends out to those who signed up for it various questions about possible Princess offerings, pictures to use in catalogs, what to name things, etc.

It's the secret club. LOL. I am not a member, but you know what Groucho Marx said about clubs. ;) I think it's just a Princess focus group kind of thing where they float their goofy marketing ideas past people before they implement the goofy ideas.

I have not received the survey but I would vote for - The Princess and the Pea Bed. I have never, not once, had a comfortable bed on a Princess cruise. I always get the one with the "pea" or slab of stone. :mad:

Yes, same here