Just back from Adventure of the Seas....

PMGNJ04

I am not going to post a long review, but will say that the ship was great, staff was amazing, and food was very good.

I will be glad to answer any questions if I can.

Port stops were St. Thomas,St. Croix, St. Lucia, Antigua, and for the first time AOS went to Martinique.

We researched before we left and found that unless you booked something through the ship you would need to exchange money.

The ship had little to offer. Plus it rained on and off all day.

We walked through the shopping village at the port. They took the dollar no problem and were generally nice. Then we walked into the city and looked around. In the city, they would not take the US dollar. The locals were less friendly and English is not widely spoken. They have uniformed tourist guides around the area to assist.

There is a fort within walking distance but it was not open. My opinion is to make it a ship day.

What did you do in St. Croix, Antigua and St. Lucia? Starting to plan my March excursions; great to hear other's experiences in port! ��

I'm doing the same thing - planning excursions for Feb. Would love to hear your experiences.

I am not going to post a long review, but will say that the ship was great, staff was amazing, and food was very good.

I will be glad to answer any questions if I can.

Port stops were St. Thomas,St. Croix, St. Lucia, Antigua, and for the first time AOS went to Martinique.

Awesome..

I have my 3rd cruise on Adventure booked for 9/03. Back to Aruba for me and hubby (his first time there).

My first cruise on her was in january 2002 (booked a couple weeks after 9/11 out of spite) so I missed the maiden voyage by two months.

Sailed her again in 2005 and did the opposite itenerary.

How is the ship overall? And new additions? Restaurants etc..?

Do you recall what time the cabins were ready? We would like to arrive as the cabins are opening to avoid toting carry-ons. Thanks!

Hi. Just back from a B2B on Adventure and the cabins were available from 2pm. :D

What did you do in St. Croix, Antigua and St. Lucia? Starting to plan my March excursions; great to hear other's experiences in port! ��

Hi. There is a nice beach within walking distance of the ship at St Croix or you can get a taxi to Rainbow Beach for $6 round trip. There's water sports available there but loungers and umbrellas were a bit pricey.

We just walked around in Antigua but got fed up with being bombarded with taxi drivers offering tours etc. There's some nice shops by the port which are quite cheap.

I can recommend the Whale watching trip in St Lucia. We booked on the ship but it's popular and sells out quickly! We were fortunate to see several Pilot Whales, False Killer Whales and loads of Dolphins. The flying fish were an added bonus.

Have a great time on this wonderful ship:)

In Antigua we did a tour with Christopher John. I would highly reccommend it. His contact info is chrisolejohn@live.com

St. Lucia the kids did Tree Top Adventure zip line. It was good and the bus ride was was a nice tour.

St. Croix we went to Rainbow beach. That was nice.

Awesome..

I have my 3rd cruise on Adventure booked for 9/03. Back to Aruba for me and hubby (his first time there).

My first cruise on her was in january 2002 (booked a couple weeks after 9/11 out of spite) so I missed the maiden voyage by two months.

We will be booking our 4th cruise on this ship for January 30 2016. We have done both itineraries and in 2011 took her on the TA to Malaga. We will be doing the Barbados trip this time with 3 ports we haven't been to. Can't wait for January to get here.

We absolutely love Adventure of the Seas! We sailed on Jan 23, 2014 and were very please with how the ship has aged! You can find a ton of info if you look at the reviews of AOS. They have added some touch screen electronic maps that are quite helpful for finding places/events because even though I've been on the ship twice already, I still somehow get lost! We didnt do any of the specialty restaurants because we enjoy the food in the MDR so we stick to that. We always do a balcony and our room was amazing of course! Hope you enjoy your cruise! I'm on the countdown...53 days! :D

Awesome..

If you wander around Frederiksted, st Croix, I would highly recommend turtle deli for lunch. I heard a lot of cruises complaining about how boring Frederiksted was but we really enjoyed the sleepy little caribbean city. You won't make a day of it, but certainly worth walking through and having lunch. There is a great Bakery also. We stopped there twice......in two hours:)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading a lot online about attire in the Main Dining Room. Some things make it sound like Khakis and Polos are a minimum for men on casual nights, while other pages say that Jeans are okay as long as they are not ripped. I generally am in jeans and a t-shirt because I dress in dress pants and a shirt and tie every day for work. I really don't feel relaxed wearing the same thing I wear to work. Since you were just on the ship, can you comment on what people actually wear and what is allowed? I don't mind bringing a dress shirt, tie and sport coat for a formal night, but I'd rather not have to dress up for a casual or smart casual night. What is the reality that you saw?

I've been reading a lot online about attire in the Main Dining Room. Some things make it sound like Khakis and Polos are a minimum for men on casual nights, while other pages say that Jeans are okay as long as they are not ripped. I generally am in jeans and a t-shirt because I dress in dress pants and a shirt and tie every day for work. I really don't feel relaxed wearing the same thing I wear to work. Since you were just on the ship, can you comment on what people actually wear and what is allowed? I don't mind bringing a dress shirt, tie and sport coat for a formal night, but I'd rather not have to dress up for a casual or smart casual night. What is the reality that you saw?

Though it's been a little while since we were on Adventure, I think what we've seen applies across most of the ships. Designer jeans and casual shirts are acceptable and worn on casual nights. My husband has several Armani Exchange shirts that he wears with jeans, for example.