Dedicated sun area for suite guests?

Former Goalie

I haven't sailed Celebrity in over 15 years, on Century. We have sailed Royal multiple times, and RCL offers a dedicated area with loungers, chairs, etc., for suite passengers to enjoy the sun. I'm searching Celebrity, thus far I haven't found anything of this nature, other than paying (some say overpaying) for the Alcoves. I was told by a Celebrity rep, when I asked about this on Reflection and Silhouette, if there was a dedicated area for suite pax. He said yes, but I can't say his response made me feel confident he is correct. Is there a dedicated sun deck/area for suite pax on Reflection/Silhouette?

And Royal only offers that private area on some of their ships, not all.

But no, you will have to sit with everyone else on =X=. Or, as someone else noted, use your balcony as we do. Simply cannot see the attraction of sharing a limited amount of space, often compounded by ignorant chair hogs, with hundreds of others.

And Royal only offers that private area on some of their ships, not all.

But no, you will have to sit with everyone else on =X=. Or, as someone else noted, use your balcony as we do. Simply cannot see the attraction of sharing a limited amount of space, often compounded by ignorant chair hogs, with hundreds of others.

Might look into this Royal , the word certainly attracts. If one's balcony ends up in the shade do they provide alternative balconies on the other side?

Also does Royal provide an ironing service for one's morning newspapers. I found on Celebrity that the Butler would arrange for the Times & Telegraph to be brought onboard when we docked but they had been folded ! [emoji35]

Might look into this Royal , the word certainly attracts. If one's balcony ends up in the shade do they provide alternative balconies on the other side?

Also does Royal provide an ironing service for one's morning newspapers. I found on Celebrity that the Butler would arrange for the Times & Telegraph to be brought onboard when we docked but they had been folded ! [emoji35]

Excuse me for asking, this was a pretty simple question, based on my experiences on Royal, Celebrity's sister line. Yes, Royal does offer a dedicated area on Oasis class ships (the Suite Sun Deck) and dedicated areas on other ships in its fleet.

Wouldn't it be logical to think that Celebrity, supposedly a more "premium" line, would offer that amenity, as well?

Excuse me for asking, this was a pretty simple question, based on my experiences on Royal, Celebrity's sister line. Yes, Royal does offer a dedicated area on Oasis class ships (the Suite Sun Deck) and dedicated areas on other ships in its fleet.

Wouldn't it be logical to think that Celebrity, supposedly a more "premium" line, would offer that amenity, as well?

Indeed [emoji41]

As others have indicated there is no dedicated suite area. However, we tend to stay in the Solarium area where it tends to be really quiet. Also if you move away from the immediate pool area we have always found seating.

We have booked suites on both RCCL and X on many occasions. We find X to be far more relaxing than RCCL. You will really enjoy Luminae, the suite restaurant and Michael's Club, the Conceirge area. I would not worry about deck areas, I think you will not find it an issue.

Have a great cruise!

Azamara is also a sister of RCL, and is considered to be even more premium to X, and they don't have the private areas either.

Azamara is also a sister of RCL, and is considered to be even more premium to X, and they don't have the private areas either.

But they do unless they have changed since our time on Azamara. Suite guests have/had access to the Thalassotherapy pool are at the front of the ship. Of course, limited numbers of passes were available for others at a cost.

Not true, Azamara suite guests DO have free access to the front sun deck and the thalassotherapy pool, anyone else wishing to go there has to pay $20 a day - day passes or all cruise passes are limited

Not true, Azamara suite guests DO have free access to the front sun deck and the thalassotherapy pool, anyone else wishing to go there has to pay $20 a day - day passes or all cruise passes are limited

It's not a private area if others can access it by paying a small fee.

X does have butler service and Royal does not. The suite products on either line cannot be compared for many reasons. It's just not apples to apples.

Royal just announced their Royal Genie Program over the summer, for now just on the largest ships. Not sure when it goes into effect (I think May of 2016), but they are starting to add these as their version of Butlers - european trained etc...

It will get me to start to seriously consider cruses on RCL.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

Royal just announced their Royal Genie Program over the summer, for now just on the largest ships. Not sure when it goes into effect (I think May of 2016), but they are starting to add these as their version of Butlers - european trained etc...

It will get me to start to seriously consider cruses on RCL.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I love the crown loft suites/loft suite cabins and only missed the butler when on Royal. This will definitely having me looking closer at Royal as well. Thanks, Curt!

Yes, Royal does offer a dedicated area for suite guests on the pool deck on most of their ships.

On Caribbean cruises I would take a dedicated pool area over a lounge or restaurant. It has nothing to do with avoiding the riff-raff, and everything to do with having a lounge chair whenever you want. The $250 I spent for a retreat cabana on HAL a few years back was money very well spent.

On Caribbean cruises I would take a dedicated pool area over a lounge or restaurant. It has nothing to do with avoiding the riff-raff, and everything to do with having a lounge chair whenever you want. The $250 I spent for a retreat cabana on HAL a few years back was money very well spent.

Exactly! Well said, HouseRulz! I didn't start this thread to inspire discussion about who is in what class cabin. We're 60 somethings, we don't need nor want a ton of activity when we set up pool side. And, we absolutely don't like to joust for real estate around the pool. We have sailed HAL once and rented a Retreat Cabana. You are correct, that was probably the best $250 we've spent on a cruise.

On our Royal cruise, the "reserved" area at the pool was in the sun with no umbrellas and stayed empty for most of the day...reminded us of the bleacher seats at a ball game...

On X you can rent one of the lounge areas up on the lawn...comfy, shaded and drink and food service...

Edited by hcat