What was your favourite Celebrity Cruise?

gordylad

By far my favorite Celebrity cruise was our recent (departed Sept 3, 2015) 11-night trip on the Silhouette from Amsterdam to Rome. Not only were all of the ports fabulous, but the ship and service were incredible. To make a wonderful trip even better, we had the best roll call EVER. Tons of private tours organized, very friendly folks--over 3500 posts! Hands down the best ever. :)

Anyone we happen to be on!! :D

Our most memorable so far, however, are:

- Our very 1st cruise in 1995 (RC),

- Western (RC) & Eastern Mediterranean (Celebrity) cruises, and

- South Pacific (RC)

Two "anticipated" memorable cruises are B2B Asian itineraries in Jan. 2016 on Celebrity. Those will be our favorite at that moment.

Our first and most memorable was on Mercury..the ideal cruise ship!

and then many others after that on M and S class to E / W Med, Carib, Hawaii, Canada / New Eng, Inside Passage., Mex Riviera, canal.....etc

Then came the canned music, loud djs, focus on drinking, amenities cutbacks, staff hawking packages, loud pool games., scratchy towels, ..and Royal C influence thru several CEOs...

still enjoying our cruises but not in the same way as before...

.thankful for BLU, Ensemble Lounge, aft bar, Solarium, Relaxation Room and the spa!

and M Kors store.....

13 day Adriatic on the Silhouette a few years ago. I've been fortunate enough to do a few Med cruises so perhaps it was the smaller, off the beaten track ports we visited (Koper, Revenna, Split, Kotor, Bari) that made it a bit more memorable than some others.

Our first Celebrity Cruise. We booked Celebrity because our favorite up until then (2012) was Princess and they dropped Istanbul for no reason after final payment, but several weeks before embarkation the year before, so it was not weather or unrest etc. We loved Silly, we had an S1 with the wrap around aft balcony and a wonderful butler. We were spoiled. Since then, our Celebrity cruises have been nice, but we never had another good butler even in a CS and Blu on the M-class is not nearly as nice. We really like having traditional early seating in the MDR and have decided for a short cruise, we don't need a suite or even AQ. All in all, we like Celebrity a lot and have also gone back to Princess mini-suites if the itinerary is right!

Soooo hard to choose...

Our first Asian cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas, how can you leave that out?

Sailing in and out of Venice or Valletta or mooring in the amazing Santorini.

Hard to separate destinations and cruise experience.

Overall I guess it would be Hawaii to Sydney. Land vacations both ends of the cruise, superb experiences on the Solstice during the cruise, the initial introduction of Michael's Club. Making friends we have kept in touch with and meeting again next year.

Memories, cruise memories, just priceless.

Xpedition.....by far the best cruise we've ever taken (admittedly, I am an animal lover). It's not the most elegant, not the best food, not the most luxurious....but it is just such an outstanding experience that it ranks #1 on my list.

We did a fabulous B2B on the Costellation- 28 days in the Baltics, around The British Isles and up to the Norwegian fiords. This was back in2006 and we had never spent that long on a ship. It set us up for wanting to take longer cruises all the time.

We also had a wonderful trip on the Millennium in 2013 from Hong Kong to Shanghai with stops in Taiwan, South Korea and Japan. Very exotic for us.

Seems like we like the M ships style and destinations. We do like the S ships as well but we generally take them in the Caribbean.

Equinox May 2012 to the Med.....Rome, Naples, Sicily, Santorini,

Mykonos, Rhodes, Athens and Ephasus (Turkey)......best cruise I have

ever taken:D.......Blew all my other cruises out of the water;) everywhere

I went it was all a "WOW".....so much history, so many beautiful and

historical places..........my best cruise by far.....

Our first Celebrity cruise on The Infinity through the Panama Canal in 2012. Lovely staff, met some lovely people and had the time of our lives. Going on our 3rd cruise with X in February, it will be different with all the changes but I am sure we will have a fantastic time

Reflection 14 night, Oct. 2012 Barcelona to Venice. Fabulous itinerary, brand new ship with an incredible crew. best of all we made dear friends. Since then we have traveled together a few precious times; on Celebrity of course!

Xpedition.....by far the best cruise we've ever taken (admittedly, I am an animal lover). It's not the most elegant, not the best food, not the most luxurious....but it is just such an outstanding experience that it ranks #1 on my list.

I second your emotion. By far our favorite Celebrity cruise out of 13 cruises. I guess Antartica would come in 2nd.

2008 - CELEBRITY INFINITY - Repo from Chile to Ft. Lauderdale with 2 highlights:

Leaving the ship in Arica for a 3 day excursion to Machu Picchu and then going through the Panama Canal.

This cruise had also the best entertainment of all our cruises.

Celebrity Century, Oct 1998 - Our Honeymoon cruise. Se had booked a Cat 2 Minisuite and got a complimentary upgrade to a sky suite, one of those at the top of the ship with the gigantic balconies.

This was my wife's first cruise. We leave on her 21st next January on Constellation. That Century cruise (Western Caribbean) remains in our top 3 all time and #1 on Celebrity.

By far my favorite Celebrity cruise was our recent (departed Sept 3, 2015) 11-night trip on the Silhouette from Amsterdam to Rome. Not only were all of the ports fabulous, but the ship and service were incredible. To make a wonderful trip even better, we had the best roll call EVER. Tons of private tours organized, very friendly folks--over 3500 posts! Hands down the best ever. :)

We have booked Silhouette Amsterdam to Rome for Sept 2016. It looks like a great cruise.

I will have to say my must favorite cruises are in this order. 1) Eastern Mediterranean 2) Cruise out of Singapore to Indonesia. 3) Canary Islands

Two, for different reasons. My first Celebrity cruise in 2005 on Summit was amazing because it was before a lot of the cuts. The butterfly service and food in Normandie was amazing and we had a live harpist playing Phantom of the Opera, my favourite musical. That hasn't been around for a long time.

I also loved my first cruise on Silhouette because I love the variety of specialty restaurants. I prefer the S class ships because of all the choices of things to do. If I could, I'd always cruise Reflection or Silhouette.