Norovirus

Pandora1958

I Believe OP is sailing on Riviera. They have had to cancel the "country fair" also. She mentions she is on day 9 of 14 and they are en route to Bermuda. Kazu has mentioned the virus in her blog.

Looks like Riviera from reading the 2015 cruise book. At sea now and will get to Bermuda on the 28th. Hope all goes well and nobody else gets sick. Sounds like they have a lot of cleaning to do. I know that this rarely if ever happens on Oceania.

Hi Lyn,

We are on Regatta now in San Juan and all is well.

Just had a great turkey dinner. They cooked fifty thirty pound turkeys!

YIKES that is a lot of bird ;)

Glad to hear all is well on Regatta

you do not want to get that bug again

Hi to you both

Lyn

Earlier this year it was on Marina in May.

Sorry to hear that this crossing is not staffed with the entertainment it was two years ago. The cruise director that left at the end of the cruise was one of the weaker directors in my opinion. Other than Trivia, there was not much happening on board.

signature has: "Oceania Regatta Nov '15 Mayan Mystique"

We wer offered upgrade and $ incentive to move over. Yes, we're on Riviera. Now they've offered complimentary medical care for those who are or might be affected.

Terrace cafe still crowed in am. They're wiping down everything. Crew is affected also....

Lynne

Here's the question:

If this ship hits dock, does its normal turnaround for the next cruise, and the virus hits the new passengers, I'm guessing the s**t hits the fan, at that point!

Not sure of its final destination on that next cruise, but, if a US Port, my guess is the US Coast Guard could shut the ship down until they were satisfied with the sanitation of the ship. A lot of potential Christmas cruisers would be very upset either way!

Here's the question:

If this ship hits dock, does its normal turnaround for the next cruise, and the virus hits the new passengers, I'm guessing the s**t hits the fan, at that point!

Not sure of its final destination on that next cruise, but, if a US Port, my guess is the US Coast Guard could shut the ship down until they were satisfied with the sanitation of the ship. A lot of potential Christmas cruisers would be very upset either way!

The 12/2 sailing is Miami to Miami, 10 days..the 12/12 sailing is Miami to Miami 10 days, followed by the 12 day Holiday Cruise. I am sure they will embark us late for the 12/2, or deep clean while enroute.

Here's the question:

I doubt the ship would be shut down unless the percentage of sick people is very high then maybe

I think one of the main stream lines had several hundred sick people & did postpone the sailing for a day while they did a deep cleaning

I doubt the ship would be shut down unless the percentage of sick people is very high then maybe

I think one of the main stream lines had several hundred sick people & did postpone the sailing for a day while they did a deep cleaning

As it should be....I wouldn't want to go on a cruise if I had a good chance of getting sick. They need to do whats right, even if it delays a day.

I agree. I have been on a ship with Noro before and boarded one that had it.

Normally, the ship undergoes a "deep cleaning". It delays the boarding time for those coming on by quite a bit so those boarding would be wise to check so that they don't spend hours in the terminal.

None of the ships have been shut down but I have not sailed O before so I could be wrong.

On my other ships with Noro we were never refused entry into ports either, so who knows?

Update: no Bermuda..won't let us in. A few more nights at sea then overnight in Nassau before returning to Miami.

No rare foods. (Glad we're not going to Polo tonight. Well done steak?) No sushi. No chef's classes. No sunshine today.

Second cruise out of many with norovirus.

Update: no Bermuda..won't let us in. A few more nights at sea then overnight in Nassau before returning to Miami.

No rare foods. (Glad we're not going to Polo tonight. Well done steak?) No sushi. No chef's classes. No sunshine today.

Second cruise out of many with norovirus.

Well except for the no sunshine you got it right. Sun is shining and already people are around the pool, which probably should be closed, but it's probably got so much bleach in it that it doesn't matter.

Just talked to another CC'er that I saw talking with the Captain, and although he(The Captain) didn't give a number, he said the number of reports are coming down and things are getting better. While that is good news I'd like to know what percentage we were at and what it is now.

We have extra enrichment lectures today, I think I'll have extra rations of rum instead.