Jeans

dippydoo

Can you wear Jeans in dining room on smart casual nights?

Thank you

Not a fan of jeans at night(mainly due to some really crappy ones I've seen)but yes they are allowed. They can't be ripped or torn(no matter what the designer type)

Not a fan of jeans at night(mainly due to some really crappy ones I've seen)but yes they are allowed. They can't be ripped or torn(no matter what the designer type)

I agree. I am not a fan, but dress jeans are allowed. However, I am with Pam. I very rarely see them in the MDR. I cannot remember a single pair when we were on the BI cruise on the Royal. People really dressed up even on Smart Casual night.

I confess, I know I am just a terrible person, but I have worn jeans on formal night. Very dark wash skinny leg with a black long flowy top and black ballet flats. I normally wore black leggings with the long flowy top but I had washed them the day before and they simply were not quite dry. Once I made it to my table I sat in the back in a corner so people couldn't see from the sides, and nobody noticed a thing.

So now a found a pair that have a lovely damask tapestry weave in cream on blue. I have a nice cream lacy top that I will wear with pearls, and cream lacy flats. Should I give it a try on the next cruise?

Linda

I confess, I know I am just a terrible person, but I have worn jeans on formal night. Very dark wash skinny leg with a black long flowy top and black ballet flats. I normally wore black leggings with the long flowy top but I had washed them the day before and they simply were not quite dry. Once I made it to my table I sat in the back in a corner so people couldn't see from the sides, and nobody noticed a thing.

So now a found a pair that have a lovely damask tapestry weave in cream on blue. I have a nice cream lacy top that I will wear with pearls, and cream lacy flats. Should I give it a try on the next cruise?

Linda

Why not? No reason to hide in a dark corner either..

Linda

Nobody should put Mommypig in a corner!

On our Mexican Rivera cruise last spring there were lots of jeans and not nice ones but when they started wearing t-shirts with them that to me is a big faux-pau. Then the men came in with the tanks and that was terrible. I like to wear something nice because we never dress up at home.

Nobody should put Mommypig in a corner!

LOL I like the corners.

Just went shopping today and bought jeans in dark navy wash, faded wash, and white for the next cruise. With 111 days there are going to be TOOOOOO many formal nights, so we might see what else we can sneak in.... The faded wash is definitely out, but the dark navy and white?

LOL I like the corners.

Just went shopping today and bought jeans in dark navy wash, faded wash, and white for the next cruise. With 111 days there are going to be TOOOOOO many formal nights, so we might see what else we can sneak in.... The faded wash is definitely out, but the dark navy and white?

2 formal nights in an 11 night sailing....same as a 7 nighter. Dark navy or white? Why not, especially if you have great tops and accessories. Enjoy.