No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Life must be really hard if the lack of bottled water in Aqua Class cabins takes over 470 posts to not resolve anything. Turn on tap and drink the water from there for goodness sake. If you want it cold put in the fridge. Time some people grew up and got a life. Next time book concierge class and you wont have to worry about water.

You could always bring some dehydrated water on board with you. It wont weigh much or take up much space in your checked or carry on baggage

If folks want to talk about it, and it is about more then just the water by the way, they have every right to do so. If you don't like the topic, you have the option of not reading it which would be better then unkind comments..

What amenities cause you to book a certain cabin over another? If there are none, that's fine.

if there are some amenities that will cause you to book a certain class cabin over another, which of those amenities will cause you heart burn, if in mid c cruise, X just took them away?

Life must be really hard if the lack of bottled water in Aqua Class cabins takes over 470 posts to not resolve anything. Turn on tap and drink the water from there for goodness sake. If you want it cold put in the fridge. Time some people grew up and got a life. Next time book concierge class and you wont have to worry about water.

You could always bring some dehydrated water on board with you. It wont weigh much or take up much space in your checked or carry on baggage

Ridiculous that a person would make a statement like this

Couldn't agree more, and don't forget no more cotton balls and q-tips and water bottles that won't fit into the recoolerator. This is a catastrophe! :rolleyes: I am thankful for the abundance I do enjoy this Christmas. After reading this thread, and all the pettiness, I need another fortified egg nog! Merry Christmas to you rjrpar

It's irrelevant what the amenity is that has been removed - one has paid for that amenity in the cost of that booking and so it should be provided. I realise there are more important things in life and one shouldn't stress about the small things, however, in our country, if you advertise a product/service containing certain amenities that is what MUST be provided.

You don't order a car with cruise control but then it's missing when delivered - yes, it may be a petty additional item, but the specification included that item and that's what must be delivered!

Do you accept anything that you purchase without checking the item or the T&C? If an appliance had parts missing, such as a vacuum cleaner without certain tools, would you accept that incomplete product? I think many here are attempting to highlight that it's the principle: morally correct behaviour - irrespective of the cost of the item ;).

Btw, this change does not affect any of my future bookings but who knows what's next on the cost cutting schedule ;).

It's irrelevant what the amenity is that has been removed - one has paid for that amenity in the cost of that booking and so it should be provided. I realise there are more important things in life and one shouldn't stress about the small things, however, in our country, if you advertise a product/service containing certain amenities that is what MUST be provided.

You don't order a car with cruise control but then it's missing when delivered - yes, it may be a petty additional item, but the specification included that item and that's what must be delivered!

Do you accept anything that you purchase without checking the item or the T&C? If an appliance had parts missing, such as a vacuum cleaner without certain tools, would you accept that incomplete product? I think many here are attempting to highlight that it's the principle: morally correct behaviour - irrespective of the cost of the item ;).

Btw, this change does not affect any of my future bookings but who knows what's next on the cost cutting schedule ;).

The Celebrity UK website still includes "daily delivery of bottled water" in the list of Aqua class amenities. It should get interesting when Eclipse sails out of Southampton in the Summer.

I'm sure some stockholders are more than happy to see cuts to other traveler's benefits, as well as terms and conditions that allow a cruise line to walk all over their customers - just as long as it doesn't affect them. These may be the same people telling us to "stop moaning" and "you signed the contract so it's your fault" ;)

These may be the same people telling us to "stop moaning" and "you signed the contract so it's your fault" ;)

In my experience, it's often the folks who take the above position who are some of the loudest to complain when something happens that effects them.

Edited by ghstudio

I'm sure some stockholders are more than happy to see cuts to other traveler's benefits, as well as terms and conditions that allow a cruise line to walk all over their customers - just as long as it doesn't affect them. These may be the same people telling us to "stop moaning" and "you signed the contract so it's your fault" ;)

In my experience, it's often the folks who take the above position who are some of the loudest to complain when something happens that effects them.

This thread was directed to people who booked Aqua and had their bottled water perk removed. It is still amazing how people who are not affected by this tell you to go drink tap water or how the promised bottled Aqua water will pollute the ocean but not the water you purchase at the bar :eek:

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

This thread was directed to people who booked Aqua and had their bottled water perk removed. It is still amazing how people who are not affected by this tell you to go drink tap water or how the promised bottled Aqua water will pollute the ocean but not the water you purchase at the bar :eek:

Most tried to keep it on track but others had their own agendas/ ideas....I think we made our point about the withdrawn amenity but it got diluted...pun intended!

HAPPY SAILS!

I don't know if it was on this thread that two email addresses were given to write to Celebrity about this issue. I used one of them and I got a call from them. They said they were noting our concerns. I really don't know if anything will be done but I was happy that they at least responded.

Hopefully they note the concerns and restore the water amenitiy

I plan to discuss with the hotel director on our upcoming cruise....next week Can't wait...,,,,

sometimes dealing with issues onboard works out better..

Edited by hcat

Hopefully they note the concerns and restore the water amenitiy

I plan to discuss with the hotel director on our upcoming cruise....next week Can't wait...,,,,

sometimes dealing with issues onboard works out better..

Our Hotel Director did not know what amenities were included in Aqua Class. I wish you better luck. Bring along one of the Celebrity brochures which lists what is included in your category.

Our Hotel Director did not know what amenities were included in Aqua Class. I wish you better luck. Bring along one of the Celebrity brochures which lists what is included in your category.

Interesting, .but hard to believe that a hotel director knows nothing about the amenities...

.If not the HD, then I wonder to whom the supposed memo was directed about cutting off the water. Someone must know they were told not to deliver it, and it would seem that the housekeeping supervisor who used to supervise daily deliv of water, and the water supply bottle/bean counter must have been informed.....not a stock holder but very interesting!

Unfortunately, my brochures are home and we are already in Fl, pre cruise

I'm currently on the Dec 5 Infinity repo in Aqua Class. We received 2 welcoming bottles of water but per Guest Services, there is no more daily water. This was per a Corporate email and effective with our sailing.

Terry

Just bumped up post #1...Guest Services????

All the new ones will likely be updated, as is the website..but I did find an online article from the time we booked 3 of our 4 AQ cruises with old plan amenities , It listed all the CC and AQ perks, highlighting convenience of the water! It may be a copyrighted article so don't think I can re print it there here

not looking to battle anyone on board..just let them know we were disappointed.......

I recently had an incident where I discovered virtually no one on board could fulfill a promised amenity, which as it turned out had not been withdrawn. But I thought it may have been when the entire ship at every level was unable to fulfill it. After four days it was resolved, and then other promises were forgotten.

Of course these issues sound petty to people who do not pay extra for amenities. Before I decide to spend hundred or thousands extra on a category I check the amenities! Do I want water if promised? Yes. Do I want square footage promised yes! I want every single thing offered to me because of those petty things was the reason I decided to spend extra. So I want the bargain fulfilled. Do I want Blu to be as good as it ever was? Of course I do.

So what if Celebrity decides to change an amenity? Would an announcement be too much to ask for?

Now what is the real issue here as I found out for myself? Trust and loyalty. If I cannot trust the ship to deliver what it promised I feel less loyal to it.

Now what is the real issue here as I found out for myself? Trust and loyalty. If I cannot trust the ship to deliver what it promised I feel less loyal to it.

Then it is time to move on. Let us know when you find something better. Happy New Year hulamoon

I understand the point that the cruise lines have been cutting back but do some posters realize how petty this issue sounds to most people

Most may be an exaggeration...there are many who only drink bottled water, even at home...some that drink it because of the salt content or lack thereof...and some who like to take a bottle of water with them around the ship (have you tried to refill a water bottle in your cabin or elsewhere?

There is also a monetary value to the water....at $5 a bottle at a bar...that's $35 pp on a 7 day trip. Not much, but people are cost sensitive..the difference between a 1A and 1B is often less than $35.

So let's just say it may be petty to you....but let's understand that there are different views. Yes, there are alternatives...there are alternatives to the fruit bowl (just bring it back from the buffet) and so on. None of it is petty...it's all part of the package that you are paying for.

Then it is time to move on. Let us know when you find something better. Happy New Year hulamoon

Happy new year to you as well. Although my realization of less loyalty may look different to each of us and different outcomes may follow.