pools

cruise.love

Hello,

I've tried to find out about salt water in pools but the posts that I found are of over 5 yrs old. My nephews were on a Norwegian cruise last summer and did not like salt water.

As of today, do you know which cruise lines (or ships) use salt water and which ones do not?

Thank you for your help

I might be mistaken but thought they all used salt water.

Keith

HAL uses fresh or desalinated water in their pools. That water may have been processed from salt water, but you can't tell, it is fresh appearing.

Edited by CruiserBruce

RCI's ships on Voyager class and lower have salt water pools. Freedom class and above have some freshwater pool and some salt.....

I don't really notice a difference...the water in the salt pools are sparkling!

Edited by cb at sea

Cruiseonthebrain, or it could be the taste of it.

I see you will be sailing with Carnival, my husband is reluctant to go with this cruise line, he heard food is not 'all included' and the atmosphere can be wild. What are your thoughts?

Food is very subjective. Some like fast food hamburgers, others turn up their nose. IMO, Carnival has some of the best food afloat.

Short cruises can have (regardless of cruise line) a party crowd (3-4 day cruises). 7 and 10 day itineraries have way more families and older folks who are less likely to to be raucous.

I see you will be sailing with Carnival, my husband is reluctant to go with this cruise line, he heard food is not 'all included' and the atmosphere can be wild. What are your thoughts?

Well- you pay extra if you want to eat in the Steakhouse. Some ships offer certain room service items for a small charge (but you can still get plenty of "free" room service). I don't know about a wild atmosphere- we're not big partiers so maybe we just haven't sought out the rowdy partying scene. But we've always had a good time and have always felt comfortable if we have younger kids in out sailing group.

define all included. every ship will have at least one for fee venue that serves food. it will also have 4 or 5 that do NOT incur an extra cost. there is a Buffet, a Main dining room. room service. and maybe a poolside venue.

on all ships/lines the three and 4 day cruises attract the drink til you puke crowd. those 7 days and longer have very few such people.

while we have sailed Carnival once, we would not go back. we prefer Royal. and the two lines are more alike than not.