Can I wear gym clothes in Luminae for breakfast?

jenniebnyc

Since Luminae closes so early for breakfast, my plan is to eat right after a workout in the gym. I don't think I will have time to change. My question is, can I wear yoga pants, t-shirt and sneakers into Luminae for breakfast (and feel comfortable)? I would never normally do this, but seeing there are ridiculously strict hours for breakfast this is what I think I need to do.

Also, can someone refresh me on the Luminae hours for breakfast on Reflection?

Does it close at 9am on port days and 9:30am on sea days?

Does anyone know if the butler can deliver Luminae pastries for breakfast in the suite (room service)?

Thanks in advance!

We were told in an RC absolutely no items from Luminae this month. But I think different ships have different rules.

That said, they were less strict on hours than the Luminae experience we had in September.

Many people go to breakfast in there going ashore clothes. But I think personally wouldn't go sweaty after a gym workout.

I never saw anyone "dressed up" for breakfast in Luminae. Shorts, tee-shirts and sneakers were the norm, so I see no problem with yoga pants, tee-shirt and sneakers.

Our butler did deliver Luminae pastries to our suite (he actually offered to get anything we wanted from Luminae but we were happy with a few of their pastries!), but I'm not sure all butlers will do this for you.

I never saw anyone "dressed up" for breakfast in Luminae. Shorts, tee-shirts and sneakers were the norm, so I see no problem with yoga pants, tee-shirt and sneakers.

Our butler did deliver Luminae pastries to our suite (he actually offered to get anything we wanted from Luminae but we were happy with a few of their pastries!), but I'm not sure all butlers will do this for you.

Good to know. Were you on Reflection? Thanks!

If you are covered up, that is fine by anyone?

I will say this. wearing a bathing suit and netting clothes is inappropriate, if asked but you are covered up, people will look at you, no matter what you wear. just do not stick out a sore thumb

You can get kicked out for wearing very low cut alter, and mini skirt, that is exactly what has happened at the ship I was on

Manners goes a long way, but since they now allow casual clothing on formal night, go for it. but remember you may get stared at.

If Celebrity would stay open later for breakfast, you would not need to see me in my yoga pants, but closing at 9am makes it pretty tough on a vacation. Hopefully they are taking note!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I will not be wearing any netted clothing, miniskirts, etc...I am actually one of those who will "dress" on the chic nights in an actual dress. I will consider by lululemon workout gear chic as well...for breakfast only :)

Jennie, something to consider:

On the Constellation, the Aquaspa Café is located right outside the gym/spa. Its breakfast offerings are limited, but very healthy and delicious. They have pre-plated fruit selections (including papaya), muesli parfaits, and delightful little specialty muffins that you won't see in the Oceanview. Not sure if they have eggs.

The plus is that the Café isn't crazy busy like the Oceanview; the ambience is very pleasant. Many of the patrons are folks who've just finished their workouts. I know it's not the same as Luminae, but I'd certainly check out their breakfast items. And, you wouldn't have to rush!

Just an option for you.

So....here's a question for you all .... If jenniebnyc wore stretch pants/leggings, tee-shirt and sneakers to breakfast at Luminae but was NOT just prior to breakfast walking on the treadmill.......would you consider her stretch pants, tee-shirt and sneakers to be proper attire to eat breakfast at Luminae? If not, do you consider shorts, tee-shirt and sneakers proper attire to eat breakfast at Luminae?

Edited by jcpc

Thanks. Obviously will not go into Luminae sweaty and stinky. I plan to walk on the treadmill. Sweat and stink should be non existent. :)

...should be non existent. Another reason for requesting a table for two. I can't see you wouldn't be allowed to dine for breakfast in what you are planning on wearing. I wear shorts and a logo type t shirt in the MDR for breakfast and lunch.

Edited by davekathy

Breakfast is pretty laid back in Luminae. I wore shorts and a tee shirt on sea days. Even made lunch in a rather rumpled state after half day excursions. The Equinox has a wonderful Luminae staff, from the maitre d' and sommelier, to the waiters and the bus staff - they all work hard as a team.

Jennie, something to consider:

On the Constellation, the Aquaspa Café is located right outside the gym/spa. Its breakfast offerings are limited, but very healthy and delicious. They have pre-plated fruit selections (including papaya), muesli parfaits, and delightful little specialty muffins that you won't see in the Oceanview. Not sure if they have eggs.

The plus is that the Café isn't crazy busy like the Oceanview; the ambience is very pleasant. Many of the patrons are folks who've just finished their workouts. I know it's not the same as Luminae, but I'd certainly check out their breakfast items. And, you wouldn't have to rush!

Just an option for you.

Something to consider, I'm pretty sure Jennie wants to eat in Luminae, that she's paid extra to eat in. For breakfast her attire is fine.

People just love a good dress code thread, now that formal night is settled you gotta get it where you can.

So....here's a question for you all .... If jenniebnyc wore stretch pants/leggings, tee-shirt and sneakers to breakfast at Luminae but was NOT just prior to breakfast walking on the treadmill.......would you consider her stretch pants, tee-shirt and sneakers to be proper attire to eat breakfast at Luminae? If not, do you consider shorts, tee-shirt and sneakers proper attire to eat breakfast at Luminae?

Yes. From our experience it would not be a problem nor uncommon.

We were on the Reflection last June. There were several days my wife and I wore gym clothes to Luminae to breakfast -- and in the morning it was pretty casual. I can't say enough positive things about Luminae. In any event, no one will give you a hard time.

If you place an order for the butler, I do not believe it was from Luminae. In any event, we also did this several mornings and it was pretty good.

I would not wear sneakers and a t shirt to the restaurant.