current diamond plus perks

seaandsea

When it reaches a point that the D lounges gets very crowded where RCCL has to do something, RCCL changing their policy that by the time kids turn 21, they will revert to their actual status based on their current C&A points.

This is a better first step in crowd control rather than the other suggestion that Diamonds lose their lounge and just settle for 3 drinks a day in the sea pass card.

This is more fair than a person who only cruise once but got D+ when he was a kid and having access to the lounge, while a legitimate Diamond who actually accumulated 80 nights or more getting kick out of the D lounge and just settle for the loaded 3 sea pass drinks.

I totally agree.

We had checked with guest service before we got there and was told that it included D+. Upsetting

They have given us a free dinner at chops for the misinformation saying that the beach is only for suite guest and above

I can't believe that the Guest Services person was so misinformed.

Enjoy that dinner at Chops. :rolleyes: :eek:

My recollection is that Barefoot Beach was always restricted to gold card holders.
I think I recall being there when it was open to everyone. I can find pre-dock maps (dock was completed Nov 2009 if I remember correctly) that list "Barefoot Beach" (NOT "Barefoot Beach Club"), and I have pictures of me on what I had labelled as Barefoot Beach taken in Jan 2009 - and I have never been in the Barefoot Beach gold card area. Possible I am confused on this, but I thought the gold card access to Barefoot Beach started about the time the dock was finished.

Thom

I think I recall being there when it was open to everyone. I can find pre-dock maps (dock was completed Nov 2009 if I remember correctly) that list "Barefoot Beach" (NOT "Barefoot Beach Club"), and I have pictures of me on what I had labelled as Barefoot Beach taken in Jan 2009 - and I have never been in the Barefoot Beach gold card area. Possible I am confused on this, but I thought the gold card access to Barefoot Beach started about the time the dock was finished.

Thom

Now that you mention it, I believe you are correct, I don't remember the controlled access before the dock.

Diamond plus eating breakfast on Freedom must go to buffet fill there plates than they can go into Giovanni's to eat. Saw a small group today that got pissed when no one came to take there order they didn't understand. It is kinda messed up the way they do it. There should be a set aside place in one of the MDR for diamond and diamond plus people after all they have spent a lot of money to get to that tier level and to wait on your self,not good.

It used to be in Chops, and the Gold card holders were served full sit down in Portofinos. D+ now take their buffet plate into Giovannis since it replaced Portofinos. Don't need to grab silverware, napkins, juice as it is set up there also. Sit down breakfast is now in Chops for Gold card.

Not sure why they switched it. Just wish they would both areas the same time that WJ opens.

Edited by island lady

We had checked with guest service before we got there and was told that it included D+. Upsetting

It has always been gold card holders (GS suites and up plus Pinnacles) that I know of. The crew members at the entrance gate have a list of those people and their stateroom number. They check that first before you can enter.

My recollection is that Barefoot Beach was always restricted to gold card holders.

I can't believe that the Guest Services person was so misinformed.

Enjoy that dinner at Chops. :rolleyes: :eek:

Just as an FYI, we were in a JS the last time we were on Independence and DW emailed the concierge and asked if D+ could reserve a cabana on Barefoot. He put us on a wait list and we got an over the water. That was back in January 2015.

Edited by Big_G

Now that you mention it, I believe you are correct, I don't remember the controlled access before the dock.

Yes, the now Barefoot Bay club used to be an open to everyone beach and was one of our favorite little bays to enjoy the beach. Calm water in there. Also the dock/pier went in where our favorite snorkel beach used to be. It used to be a little ways to walk from the original tender dock, but great snorkeling along the rocks. That was when it was a tendered port.

Now, Labadee is more commercialized, touristy, and those beaches are forever changed. Sigh.. :(

Edited by island lady

Just as an FYI, we were in a JS the last time we were on Independence and DW emailed the concierge and asked if D+ could reserve a cabana on Barefoot. He put us on a wait list and we got an over the water. That was back in January 2015.

That was nice! :)

They must have had unsold Cabanas available.

That was nice! :)

They must have had unsold Cabanas available.

We figured why not give it a shot. We had been to Barefoot before but never rented a cabana and now we're hooked. I think it worked out for us and Royal. Now we'll have to see if prices settle down a little.

When it reaches a point that the D lounges gets very crowded where RCCL has to do something, RCCL changing their policy that by the time kids turn 21, they will revert to their actual status based on their current C&A points.

This is a better first step in crowd control rather than the other suggestion that Diamonds lose their lounge and just settle for 3 drinks a day in the sea pass card.

This is more fair than a person who only cruise once but got D+ when he was a kid and having access to the lounge, while a legitimate Diamond who actually accumulated 80 nights or more getting kick out of the D lounge and just settle for the loaded 3 sea pass drinks.

Life isn't fair. :eek:

Quite frankly, when I see a crowded lounge, it's rarely full of 20-30 year olds. I'm assuming that is the target age of those that inherited their status from mommy and daddy.

Life isn't fair. :eek:

Quite frankly, when I see a crowded lounge, it's rarely full of 20-30 year olds. I'm assuming that is the target age of those that inherited their status from mommy and daddy.

Very true.

And what about a 20 year old who legitimately became diamond for the cruises she cruised with her parents. This was my daughters case and I believe she is as much a diamond member as any other. Since she became an adult she doesn't always cruise with us so while we are diamond plus she isn't yet..has a cruise or two to get there.

And what about a 20 year old who legitimately became diamond for the cruises she cruised with her parents...
...by the time kids turn 21, they will revert to their actual status based on their current C&A points...
and since your 20 year old is legitimately D when she reverts to her actual status she will be

---wait for it---

Diamond:eek::D

Thom

PS inherited status is based on status on turning 18, not 21. RCI keeps track of everyone's actual point count (or at least they try to:rolleyes:). This applies to anyone who has status is based on someone else (whether that someone is a parent or a spouse / significant other).

And what about a 20 year old who legitimately became diamond for the cruises she cruised with her parents. This was my daughters case and I believe she is as much a diamond member as any other. Since she became an adult she doesn't always cruise with us so while we are diamond plus she isn't yet..has a cruise or two to get there.

I don't think anyone would question if she should be diamond or not if she cruised to get there. It is just hard to see a diamond plus member who only cruised once or twice.

I don't think anyone would question if she should be diamond or not if she cruised to get there. It is just hard to see a diamond plus member who only cruised once or twice.

Why is that hard? It's the program rules.

When you realize a rule is not working it should be changed. Why should someone who has cruised once get the same perks as someone who has cruised 20 times?

Because that's the way it was marketed. Sure, modify it going forward, but the cow is out of the barn.

For what it's worth, dbl points for solo cruises is doing a lot more to swell the ranks. Should that be changed.

Edited by John&LaLa

Because that's the way it was marketed. Sure, modify it going forward, but the cow is out of the barn.

For what it's worth, dbl points for solo cruises is doing a lot more to swell the ranks. Should that be changed.

No, I don't think so. I believe the double points for solo travel started about the time RC started charging 200% for solos. Maybe a way to appease solo travelers? Anyway -- I like it:). Katherine