When do we find out which dining room?

graphicgal

For you experienced cruisers:

To which dining room will we be assigned and when will we find out?

Emerald

5-day, January

early traditional

It will likely be the Botticelli Dining Room all the way aft on deck 6 for traditional dining. It is possible that if there is an overflow of requests they may use one of the 2 mid ship dining rooms, DaVinci or Michelangelo partially for the first part of the evening as traditional. As said above, it will be on your cruise card. I am not aware of a way to know in advance or make a request. If you are unhappy with what you get the best thing to do is see the maitre d' ASAP. He will have hours that he will be at one of the dining rooms. Check the patter perhaps, or ask Passenger Services to find out.

6 pm early is the Botticelli dining room. If you are the 5:30 dining, then it is the Da Vinci. The summary page on the cruise Personalizer will tell you which one you have confirmed.

That 6pm Botticelli could just as easily be 5:30. They have been all over the place with dining times lately.

Our final booking page says "6:00 confirmed." Our summary says only "Early Seating." I was just wondering. Will confirm when onboard.

Thanks everyone!

On our last cruise we were "confirmed" for 5:45 which was pretty early. We weren't really happy when we boarded and found that Princess had changed the 5:45 time to 5:15. That's way too early.

On our last cruise we were "confirmed" for 5:45 which was pretty early. We weren't really happy when we boarded and found that Princess had changed the 5:45 time to 5:15. That's way too early.

I agree--way too early. With a schedule like that it's impossible to fit in 3 meals a day, something we try to do on vacation. Don't want to skip anything!

Our final booking page says "6:00 confirmed." Our summary says only "Early Seating." I was just wondering. Will confirm when onboard.

Thanks everyone!

My personalizer always says Dining Confirmed: 6:00 PM. In reality it could be 5:15, 5:30 5:45, likely not 6:00. I have finally realized Princess uses the times on the website as a generic time placeholder. Each ship varies somewhat on exact dining times and reservation rules. Again, you will know when you get your card at check in. Don't expect it to be 6:00, though.

When I cruised on the Regal last Nov. my confirmed dinner time was 6 PM but they changed it ti 5:30. I was assigned (there was 3 of us) to a table of 6. I told them we would arrive at 6 because 5:30 was to early. They agreed and also didn't come till 6 PM. If people just accept the changes to their confirmed dining then Princess will continue to mislead them. This is deliberate on Princess' part because it has happened every cruise we were on.

When I cruised on the Regal last Nov. my confirmed dinner time was 6 PM but they changed it ti 5:30. I was assigned (there was 3 of us) to a table of 6. I told them we would arrive at 6 because 5:30 was to early. They agreed and also didn't come till 6 PM. If people just accept the changes to their confirmed dining then Princess will continue to mislead them. This is deliberate on Princess' part because it has happened every cruise we were on.

The problem I see with determining your own start time is the impact it could have on guests at the second seating. Did you finish in time for the staff to set up for the next seating? Was it the late traditional seating (usually 8ish) or were you in the dining room that changed over to Anytime Dining at 7:30?

If 6:00pm is the "original" early traditional, you will be in the aft dining room, which is all traditional both seatings.

The way to confirm this is if there is an earlier early dining time offered (I expect there is and check your Cruise Personalizer for all the time options).

If you have the earliest of the two early traditional times offered, then you will be in one of the two mid-ship DR's.

I agree--way too early. With a schedule like that it's impossible to fit in 3 meals a day, something we try to do on vacation. Don't want to skip anything!

Hence the reason the pizza and burger joints are open until 11pm or so -- plenty of time to sneak that 3rd (or 4th or 5th) meal in! :)

Ok, so late traditional dining is always aft then?

Not that I have been on every ship in the fleet, but that certainly seems to be the situation. And let's remember the small ships don't have extra DR's.

On ships with two mid-ship DR's and one aft, yes the aft one is all traditional all the time and there is no other late traditional venue.