Towel Animals

mcrcruiser

Completely depends on the attendents. On last (a B2B) we got them everyday on the first leg and then moved cabin. No more animals. A bit harder today as the attendents are responsible for more cabins. I always have found a few kind words went a long way in getting wonderful service and some little - but important - extras for my DW.

I got one animal on a ten-night Equinox cruise last February...it was one too many. I appreciate the effort of the cabin attendant, but it's not necessary. I will diplomatically let the attendant on my upcoming trip know that I don't need it (or want it).

No towel animals in Aqua Class on Eclipse last month. In fact, we were lucky to get towels at all! Even though we were typically out of our stateroom by 9:00 am and were very conscientious about removing the Do Not Disturb sign, our attendant rarely made up our room before 3:00 pm. We finally gave up and got towels from the pool deck every afternoon to use for our morning showers the following day. Complaints to Guest Services didn't improve her service. But what can you do when tips are prepaid?

Had a really nice swan on Equinox 1/2/16 cruise..in AQ...great stateroom attendant, plenty of towels.not ripped, frayed or dirty---just scratchy. Better towels go to suites.

I like getting the towel sculptures, but do not like that sometimes they use your suglasses/hats on them...no sunglasses /hats on the swan...photo too large to upload here!

It is more a Royal C thing than on X

Edited by hcat

No towel animals in Aqua Class on Eclipse last month. In fact, we were lucky to get towels at all! Even though we were typically out of our stateroom by 9:00 am and were very conscientious about removing the Do Not Disturb sign, our attendant rarely made up our room before 3:00 pm. We finally gave up and got towels from the pool deck every afternoon to use for our morning showers the following day. Complaints to Guest Services didn't improve her service. But what can you do when tips are prepaid?

Did you ask the cabin attendant if they could make up your room earlier? The lasted we have ever had our cabin cleaned was 1. Generally between 1-4 many of cabin attendants are on their break.

Strange post. Did you simply ask your stateroom attendant to come earlier?

Also, I'm one of those people who reuses towels. Never understood why people insist on clean towels every day in hotels or on cruise ships while I'm pretty sure they reuse their towels at home to prevent massive amounts of laundry. Very environmentally unfriendly too - but that's besides the point.

To the Opp - X has never done towel animals as a policy. It depends on the stateroom attendant.

On Summit (2014) and Connie (2015), we noticed we weren't getting them as we had on previous sailings. As mentioned above, the attendant cited the additional cabins they're now responsible for. However, simply telling the attendant that my wife really likes them (in the evening, she creeps through the door and peers in like a little kid on Christmas morning) we got something most nights. Those attendants also got a healthier gratuity for their effort.

I got 1 on my Nov 2015 Millennium 14 day cruise. It was a lobster that appeared on the last formal night when we had lobster in the MDR. But I know others on the same ship didn't get anything.

I wasn't sure if it was because I had left an extra tip for the room attendant who had taken care of delivering my laundry back, since it was the same day, or if it was just a coincidence. :) I didn't leave extra tips on the other days and didn't get any more.

Never understood why people insist on clean towels every day in hotels or on cruise ships while I'm pretty sure they reuse their towels at home to prevent massive amounts of laundry. Very environmentally unfriendly too - but that's besides the point.

Although it's besides the point, would you explain to me why washing towels every day is environmentally unfriendly. You are aware that they get the hot water on the ship by using the byproduct heat of the engines and they use biodegradeable detergents....so how does this daily washing of towels "save the waves"

Also, I'm one of those people who reuses towels. Never understood why people insist on clean towels every day in hotels or on cruise ships while I'm pretty sure they reuse their towels at home to prevent massive amounts of laundry.

DW considers fresh towels daily (or twice daily sometimes) one of the best perks of a hotel or cruise ship. It adds to the vacation feel, since at home we don't change them out that frequently.

And on topic, I have never gotten a towel animal on a Celebrity cruise. It bums me out too because I do always enjoy them.

Edited by Gig103

On our last few cruises it was on formal nights...Very good they were too and much enjoyed.

Best towel sculpture ever was a bat suspended from the ceiling on an RC cruise, slightly rocky seas...scared me to death when I returned to the room on my own to get something!

Modern luxury? No, great fun, yes! Much as I don't miss having them every night I don't think a cruise would be a cruise without the odd one or two!

Occasionally get a towel animal & my first reaction is OMG did I end up on Carnival. IMHO towel animals are not Modern Luxury. Not sure what exactly Modern Luxury is but pretty sure it isn't towel animals.

Odd comment. My SIL just completed a Viking cruise, and posted pictures of the towel animals. I think Viking qualifies as luxury, modern or not.

On Solstice in Nov 2015 we had a lot of them, on Silhouette in May/June 2015 we had some of them...yes it depends on your cabin attendant and I also think it depends on your reaction to his/her work. If you compliment them on the animals more seem to show up.

Strange post. Did you simply ask your stateroom attendant to come earlier?

Also, I'm one of those people who reuses towels. Never understood why people insist on clean towels every day in hotels or on cruise ships while I'm pretty sure they reuse their towels at home to prevent massive amounts of laundry. Very environmentally unfriendly too - but that's besides the point.

To the Opp - X has never done towel animals as a policy. It depends on the stateroom attendant.

To each their own.

I like towel animals, having been introduced to them on our earlier RC cruises. When we first started cruising X (2010), there was nary a towel animal in sight. Over the years, they've gradually started showing up in our cabins. Usually not every night, but a few cute ones, every cruise. Interestingly, on our Pacific Coastal cruise (last fall), we had pillow chocolates every night -- but no towel animals. :(

Occasionally get a towel animal & my first reaction is OMG did I end up on Carnival. IMHO towel animals are not Modern Luxury. Not sure what exactly Modern Luxury is but pretty sure it isn't towel animals.

Indeed! How positutely gauche and plebian! Let them eat cake, old bean!

monocle-guy_zpschweayoc.jpg