Blech. First seating on Anthem is 5:30.

That is early! Hubs and I eat late, we usually have dinner around 9 at home

due to work schedules. We have dynamic dining set up for our Jan 25th sailing on Anthem. I logged in and made a bunch of dinner reservations, only late options were left but that actually works for us. At 5:30 we are usually still at the pool/hot tub, let alone showered and dressed for the evening!

Yeah - we're on Liberty in March, and first seating is at 5:30. We are already plotting our strategy! Need to be booked in first seating due to group we will be part of on cruise. I agree - it's more like a late lunch. I do think it ought to be at least darkish at dinnertime, unless you're cruising Alaska.

Pat

Yeah - we're on Liberty in March, and first seating is at 5:30. We are already plotting our strategy! Need to be booked in first seating due to group we will be part of on cruise. I agree - it's more like a late lunch. I do think it ought to be at least darkish at dinnertime, unless you're cruising Alaska.

Pat

We are on Liberty in March as well. Ideally, we would like to eat at 7:00. I selected MTD and originally booked 6:45 because 7:00 wasn't a choice. Then I read somewhere that time would make it difficult to make some of the shows, so I reluctantly switched to 6:15. I guess we will see how it goes the first day and see what our options are if we don't like it.

Seems a few ships with fixed seating have gone to the 5:30 early seating and 8 PM late seating. Recent cruises on the Freedom and Serenade had the 5:30and 8:00 seatings. Perhaps it is to accommodate families sailing with young children.

Hope you get something worked out.

M

Seems a few ships with fixed seating have gone to the 5:30 early seating and 8 PM late seating. Recent cruises on the Freedom and Serenade had the 5:30and 8:00 seatings. Perhaps it is to accommodate families sailing with young children.

Hope you get something worked out.

M

Freedom has been like that since 2012! Thank goodness for MTD! 5:30 is a tad early and 8pm is a little too late for my liking.

I like 8:00 for dinner since we always take late seating. But I can see why 5:30 is too early for some. Carol - I will be interested to see if anyone shows up at your table. In November I talked to 2 other solos who sat at a large table by themselves for the whole 12 days on Anthem. I had one other person show up for our table of 8. It was ok but I would have preferred more people. I felt guilty when I went to Jamie's and when I was invited one night to the suite restaurant leaving my table mate. Hope you have better luck:). Katherine

Can't wait to hear about your dining experience! Sailing solo on Feb 6th and on the advice of another poster here, I switched from late seating to dynamic so that I could show up and ask to be seated with others! I would have hated to show up at a table for 10 and be alone every night! [emoji12]

Muster Drill just ended. "Wash your hands, it's the right thing to do. It's easy when you only have two. "

I do NOT like eating at 5:30. I am going to look into our options.

Why not try dynamic dining if you're on the Anthem?

If early is 5:30, then late is 8, which we love. We always do late seating and much prefer 8 to 8:30 so hoping it's the same in April.

Oddly enough, according to a conversation this evening in the CL, although "Classic1" is 5:30, "Classic2" is 8:30. :eek: