Half empty ship

My cruise next week is half empty ( or half full) .

I have been trying to upgrade from my X gty to a W gty.

Thinking of doing a Deal or no deal offer at the pier.....what would you think would be a good offer to clinch the upgrade??? $500? $1000?

There are still 12 suites available.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Thinking of doing a Deal or no deal offer at the pier.....what would you think would be a good offer to clinch the upgrade??? $500? $1000?

What ship are you on? What is the length of the cruise and itinerary?

It would not be worth more than around $400 total for us to go from a balcony to a JS on that cruise.

Thanks Bob.

The UK office came back with an offer of £1000 ($1400) which I declined :rolleyes:

Since then the price has dropped by £500 but they will not come back with a new Deal or No Deal offer.:(

Maybe your C&A status will get you one for free

I'm trying to move up to next tier and guessed this was a cheaper way of doing it rather than buying a new cruise! You don't get double points for a free upgrade.

Last year on our Mariner OTS cruise, it was only about 2/3 full.

A week before sailing I moved us up from 2 Promenade views to 2 Suite Guarantees, just by calling. The price of a Suite Guarantee was lower than what we had paid for the Promenade view.

We ended up in 2 Grand Suites! I thought we'd be in JS, so it was a nice surprise to get GS!

We orginally had booked insides, moved up to Promenade when the price dropped (gave up $200 OBC). So technically, I got the GSs for the price of insides.

Last year on our Mariner OTS cruise, it was only about 2/3 full.

A week before sailing I moved us up from 2 Promenade views to 2 Suite Guarantees, just by calling. The price of a Suite Guarantee was lower than what we had paid for the Promenade view.

We ended up in 2 Grand Suites! I thought we'd be in JS, so it was a nice surprise to get GS!

We orginally had booked insides, moved up to Promenade when the price dropped (gave up $200 OBC). So technically, I got the GSs for the price of insides.

Great deal!!!:)

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

I see about 8 cabins left on the whole ship. You see more?

There may be many categories left that you see, but most don't have cabins and are only guarantees.

I see about 8 cabins left on the whole ship. You see more?

There may be many categories left that you see, but most don't have cabins and are only guarantees.

I can see room numbers (not Gty) left as:

2x GS

4x JS

1x FS

2x OS

They must have done a few of the D+/PC upgrades since I last checked.

I only need one room.....:rolleyes:

There are still 19x D1.. Mr Fish says 45%

Edited by little britain

2x GS

4x JS

1x FS

2x OS

The 45% that Mr. fish sees is the % of categories that are available not the % of staterooms. It's very misleading.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks Bob.

The UK office came back with an offer of £1000 ($1400) which I declined :rolleyes:

Since then the price has dropped by £500 but they will not come back with a new Deal or No Deal offer.:(

I'm trying to move up to next tier and guessed this was a cheaper way of doing it rather than buying a new cruise! You don't get double points for a free upgrade.

I would not pay a time more for a JS, there are no perks that come along. Yes more space but I would use that money for a down payment on my next cruise. :p

2x GS

4x JS

1x FS

2x OS

19 D1's. Where are you seeing that many? I see one

Over 900 cabins on the ship. You won't be alone

Edited by SeaUs

I would not pay a time more for a JS, there are no perks that come along. Yes more space but I would use that money for a down payment on my next cruise. :p

Do you still get double points when your in a JS?

Thanks Bob.

You may not receive the double points for a paid upgrade, either, if you are paying less than the going rate for the upgrade.

The 45% that Mr. fish sees is the % of categories that are available not the % of staterooms. It's very misleading.

And since the fish can't capture all categories since RCL upgraded their site who knows how accurate that % is

I don't understand why the fish even lists the information. I find it very unhelpful. And until a few months ago I, too, thought it was related to the number of cabins available until I finally found the correct meaning on the web site.