Pinnacle Breakfast

SabreSailor

One of the benefits of a Neptune/Pinnacle suite is the ability to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. If I have friends that are in a stateroom that is lower than Neptune, am I permitted to bring them to breakfast in the Pinnacle with me? If so, is there an additional charge?

Thanks!

One of the benefits of a Neptune/Pinnacle suite is the ability to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. If I have friends that are in a stateroom that is lower than Neptune, am I permitted to bring them to breakfast in the Pinnacle with me? If so, is there an additional charge?

Thanks!

With the limited seating area and staff, HAL really cannot allow you to bring your friends. I have seen this happen in other situations and soon things get out of control and the benefit is eliminated for all.

As Ruth mentioned above, you certainly should feel free to breakfast with your friends in MDR. Pinnacle Breakfast is limited to Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests. One of the amenities included for the higher fare charged.

and hale and on 2 occasions we had breakfast several times in the Pinnacle and once we each took one of her grand children with us as a special treat and never had a problem with them as guests even though they were in a standard cabin. They really enjoyed the attention.

It is just as nice to have breakfast in the dining room as in the Pinnacle.

Your friends and you will enjoy the quiet atmosphere.

Hours of operation: sea days are 8 - 9:30 and port days are 7:30 - 9.

With all due respect, it really isn't just as nice in the MDR. Eating in the pinnacle is much nicer even though the menu is the same.

and hale and on 2 occasions we had breakfast several times in the Pinnacle and once we each took one of her grand children with us as a special treat and never had a problem with them as guests even though they were in a standard cabin. They really enjoyed the attention.

I think you were very lucky that they bent the rules. They probably didn't want to embarrass you. When I was in the pinnacle one morning two people charged right into the pinnacle. Iirc that manager was not at the podium at the time. He asked for their cabin number and they were in a signature suite. He didn't ask them to leave because the guy likely would have caused a stink. I'm not saying you did that but if you arrived with the grandchildren with you they likely wouldn't want to hurt them.

Edited by cruz chic

With all due respect, it really isn't just as nice in the MDR. Eating in the pinnacle is much nicer even though the menu is the same.

We have done both often enough to consider it a toss-up. We have had good and bad service in both the MDR and the Pinnacle Grill. If anything, we would give a slight edge to the MDR as they have often been much more attentive in refilling orange juice, coffee, pastries etc... The non-Indonesian staff in the Pinnacle Grill is often quite aloof.

I am sure the PG manager would not have wanted to embarrass you, but quite likely would not have allowed it a second time.

I am sure they knew the children were not in a Neptune Suite but didn't not want to make the children uncomfortable and said nothing. They displayed very good manners and good taste. I hope they are not often put in that position of having to break rules in order to not be hurtful to a child.

We have done both often enough to consider it a toss-up. We have had good and bad service in both the MDR and the Pinnacle Grill. If anything, we would give a slight edge to the MDR as they have often been much more attentive in refilling orange juice, coffee, pastries etc... The non-Indonesian staff in the Pinnacle Grill is often quite aloof.

You've had better experiences then I have in the MDR. Sometimes it's almost impossible to get a coffee refill. I almost always pick up a coffee from the explorations cafe as I tire of trying to flag the waiter down for coffee. I'm generally at a larger table so maybe they are more attentive to two tops.

Several years ago we had a Pinnacle manager who insisted that we had to sit in one of those corner booths -- no view except of people arriving at the Pinnacle. After a couple of mornings of this non-sense, we went to the dining room for breakfast. Hardly anyone on that cruise used the Pinnacle and we were in the PS.

We even cancelled our Pinnacle dinners as it was the same situation.

Breakfast was very nice in the dining room. Always got a table for 2.

You have that right. Their aloofness drives me crazy. I prefer MDR for breakfast as I can dine with others which I prefer when I sail solo. Exactly same menue and same cooks.:)

Several years ago we had a Pinnacle manager who insisted that we had to sit in one of those corner booths -- no view except of people arriving at the Pinnacle. After a couple of mornings of this non-sense, we went to the dining room for breakfast. Hardly anyone on that cruise used the Pinnacle and we were in the PS.

We even cancelled our Pinnacle dinners as it was the same situation.

Breakfast was very nice in the dining room. Always got a table for 2.

I'm sure the service is very good at a two top. The few times that I've had one it's been great. I'm speaking more of larger tables. I can't count how many times I've had to crawl over people that have plopped themselves down at the end of the table. That's not my idea of a great start. Many times people say one if their favorite perks of a Neptune suite is eating at the pinnacle. I wonder why that would be. I'll trade my spot in the MDR for the pinnacle for anyone that thinks it's the same.

I'm sure the service is very good at a two top. The few times that I've had one it's been great. I'm speaking more of larger tables. I can't count how many times I've had to crawl over people that have plopped themselves down at the end of the table. That's not my idea of a great start. Many times people say one if their favorite perks of a Neptune suite is eating at the pinnacle. I wonder why that would be. I'll trade my spot in the MDR for the pinnacle for anyone that thinks it's the same.

I guess, the answer to your question, is with the exception of one cruise on the Maasdam, we have truly enjoyed our PG breakfasts.

A smile, an intro and we don't find the waiters aloof.

I guess we have been lucky but with our experiences in the PG on the Westerdam and the Prinsendam (most recent) have been great :)

Of course, they are probably the better if not best PG's in the fleet in our experience ;)