Possible snow diversion this week from NY

rsail203

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Yes we have arrived in 80 degree Jamaica and it feels good. We're settled in our hotel and are awaiting the Allure tomorrow. I hear they got to Labadee today. Sorry to have missed it.

Rich

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Yes we have arrived in 80 degree Jamaica and it feels good. We're settled in our hotel and are awaiting the Allure tomorrow. I hear they got to Labadee today. Sorry to have missed it.

Rich

So glad you are finally on your way. Wishing you the best cruise ever. I know

the sinking feeling in the tummy and questions of what's next? Missed one in the late 80's. It's the one I remember most. Relax and enjoy your cruise and the tales you have to tell. All snow and ice should be melted and the sun shining brightly when you return home. Happy sails to you.

Carolyn in Texas

We got on board before noon. Great room. 8727 overlooking the aquatheater. Just planning to enjoy the rest of the cruise and the next one. No more posting. Happy cruises everybody.

Rich

Bon Voyage!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to everyone for your help. We enjoyed our 11 days on the Allure.

The shows, service and food were all good. After the cruise, we had decided to spend an extra beach day in Ft. Lauderdale. So, of course, the temperature was in the 50's with a cold wind blowing, so it was just a relaxing day at our hotel.

We had booked a nonstop flight to Islip for Monday morning. At 5 AM, we got a text canceling the flight because of the latest NY snowstorm. What to do? Checked Southwest' schedule and found several flights to Lagardia. Our first choice was booked, but we got on a flight to Indianapolis, change planes and go to LGA.

Of course that flight then had a 2 hour delay. We got to LGA at 7 and got home by limo at around 9 PM. The next day we got my car at Islip. Thankfully, We didn't have to get my car at Stewart. If we had gotten on the Stewart flight to make the ship on time, my car would have been there. That would have been a little too much. All in all, quite a couple of weeks.

Now to get ready for our next cruise in 4 months (on the Anthem, of course).

Regards, Rich

Thanks again to everyone for your help. We enjoyed our 11 days on the Allure.

The shows, service and food were all good. After the cruise, we had decided to spend an extra beach day in Ft. Lauderdale. So, of course, the temperature was in the 50's with a cold wind blowing, so it was just a relaxing day at our hotel.

We had booked a nonstop flight to Islip for Monday morning. At 5 AM, we got a text canceling the flight because of the latest NY snowstorm. What to do? Checked Southwest' schedule and found several flights to Lagardia. Our first choice was booked, but we got on a flight to Indianapolis, change planes and go to LGA.

Of course that flight then had a 2 hour delay. We got to LGA at 7 and got home by limo at around 9 PM. The next day we got my car at Islip. Thankfully, We didn't have to get my car at Stewart. If we had gotten on the Stewart flight to make the ship on time, my car would have been there. That would have been a little too much. All in all, quite a couple of weeks.

Now to get ready for our next cruise in 4 months (on the Anthem, of course).

Regards, Rich

Glad it all worked out. And be glad that you are not Anthem this week.;)

Glad it all worked out. And be glad that you are not Anthem this week.;)

Yes, I am happy to hear they made it back. I never thought I'd take a self instructed time out from CC but the Anthem threads are crazy. Might be time for dinner at the WJ.:)

Yes, I am happy to hear they made it back. I never thought I'd take a self instructed time out from CC but the Anthem threads are crazy. Might be time for dinner at the WJ.:)

I hear you. Those threads are way out of hand. I just hope they let one stay open and let everyone just have their free for all instead of closing them down and having new ones pop up and start all over again.:rolleyes:

The snow here has gotten to me so I just booked Nagivator for May. I've been back two weeks and need to get away again. Looking forward to being back in the Wndjammer in a few weeks!