Tamarind Restaurant News

MaisonRose

That's a shame. We are going on the NA in April. Is it effective immediately?

It's been effective on the Nieuw Amsterdam at least as far back as early October 2015. I boarded October 7 and disembarked November 15, and there was never a Tamarind lunch while I was on board.

There have been several reports about no lunch there since, too.

It's been effective on the Nieuw Amsterdam at least as far back as early October 2015. I boarded October 7 and disembarked November 15, and there was never a Tamarind lunch while I was on board.

There have been several reports about no lunch there since, too.

Guess I'm not on here enough and either missed it or forgot it. Since we are going on the NA in a couple of months I guess we will try for dinner there instead.

certainly heard enough people crab about it here on CC. We enjoyed it...not fancy but just a break from other places. Mostly we enjoyed the staff...esp. Evelyn. On our Thanksgiving cruise on Eurodam it was open a few times only. I think the staffs' talent is wasted in the Lido. They are exceptional.

On my Nieuw Amsterdam cruises this fall the ladies who normally work the Tamarind were working the Lido for breakfast and lunch. They were additional staff who filled coffee cups and water/juice glasses that were already on the tables. They also carried plates for those who needed assistance.

Their presence made the Lido move a lot better for those two meals.

certainly heard enough people crab about it here on CC. We enjoyed it...not fancy but just a break from other places. Mostly we enjoyed the staff...esp. Evelyn. On our Thanksgiving cruise on Eurodam it was open a few times only. I think the staffs' talent is wasted in the Lido. They are exceptional.

We have a lot of Asian food where I live and the lunch was not great. I guess if you are not used to good Asian food you might think it was good and not "crab" about it.

I was disappointed with my single lunch in the Tamarind, but I am sorry the option is being phased out for those who enjoy it. It can only put more people in the Lido for lunch and strain an already crowded, rushed, sometimes understaffed environment, particularly on sea days.

I was disappointed with my single lunch in the Tamarind, but I am sorry the option is being phased out for those who enjoy it. It can only put more people in the Lido for lunch and strain an already crowded, rushed, sometimes understaffed environment, particularly on sea days.

You're not going to notice another 40-50 people on the Lido spread out over a couple hours.

Evelyn was/is AMAZING.

I actually didn't enjoy the lunches there, but I loved the dinners!!

I am not a food critic by profession. I have had lunches in NYC and San Fran Chinatowns. Yes, they are totally different than the recipes at lunch in the Tamarind. I have had better meals than the Lido breakfast and MD and Pinnacle. Also have had worse!! I think ships tend to serve what the masses eat. I will eat Tex Mex but really Mexican is a whole different cuisine. Even Chinese in local towns is another cuisine from REAL Chinese.

I guess the Tamarind at lunch had a nice atmosphere, (quiet and relaxing). This made the food palpable

They could of course add choices to the Asian station ( Distant Lands) for Lunch, eg. A Dimsum cart , Soup of the Day,...

On Koningsdam, Grand Dutch café will have Dutch/Flemish specialties and snacks, also for lunch it seems.

I was on the NA transatlantic this Fall and was very disappointed that Tamarind lunches were discontinued. Contrary to most of the opinions here, I really enjoyed the lunches, particularly as a break from the routine of standard meal service on a transatlantic. When I inquired why the lunch was discontinued, I was told HAL was now serving it at the Asian section on the Lido. Of course, that was bunk; no comparison and no dim sum. For those that disliked the Tamarind lunch, I'm sure you find the Asian Section of the Lido totally forgettable as I do.

Contrary to most of the opinions here, I really enjoyed the lunches,
I think those that did not like the Tam lunch are in the minority. Yes, I've had better dim sum, but what I've had 4 or 5 times in Tam lunches was good, and the atmosphere and service were great.

I was on the NA transatlantic this Fall and was very disappointed that Tamarind lunches were discontinued. Contrary to most of the opinions here, I really enjoyed the lunches, particularly as a break from the routine of standard meal service on a transatlantic. When I inquired why the lunch was discontinued, I was told HAL was now serving it at the Asian section on the Lido. Of course, that was bunk; no comparison and no dim sum. For those that disliked the Tamarind lunch, I'm sure you find the Asian Section of the Lido totally forgettable as I do.

No I actually the Asian section in the lido fairly good. I like my veggies and that is sadly lacking from the tamarind lunch.

We have a lot of Asian food where I live and the lunch was not great. I guess if you are not used to good Asian food you might think it was good and not "crab" about it.

No I actually the Asian section in the lido fairly good. I like my veggies and that is sadly lacking from the tamarind lunch.

I guess I'm not "used to good Asian food" if I rank the Tamarind superior to the Asian section of the Lido. I know that food tastes are probably the most subjective of subjects, but give me a break!