Future Cruise Credit was burning a hole in my pocket....

CineGraphic

My wife and I bought future cruise credits while on the Regal's first sailing of the new year.

They didn't last long, because last night I booked a 10 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral for December of this year.

We have sailed on the Grand, Royal, Caribbean and Regal.

It will be neat to be on a smaller ship again.

If you love the Coral, I'd love to know why!

The FCC are a win-win situation. If you don't use them after 2 years, you get your money back not that we would know about that! We always have a couple for each of us in the "bank" waiting to be used on the next sale (or is that sail?). You will enjoy the canal in and out. We loved it so much we booked a through canal the next year. It is infectious.

I am sure you will like the Coral Princess. Be sure to try the Bayou Cafe Steakhouse specialty restaurant. Great Cajun food and steaks. Pay the $5 extra and add lobster tails to your meal.

Also make sure you see the show called On The Bayou that they put on in the lounge at the stern. Get there early and get a good seat on the lower level.

My wife and I bought future cruise credits while on the Regal's first sailing of the new year.

They didn't last long, because last night I booked a 10 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral for December of this year.

We have sailed on the Grand, Royal, Caribbean and Regal.

It will be neat to be on a smaller ship again.

If you love the Coral, I'd love to know why!

Although the Caribbean Princess is one of my favorite, I just love the Island and the Coral. I love the size of the ship as well as they layout.

Someone mentioned it is actually larger than the Grand .... not sure it feels that way, though. I wouldn't have thought that was the case but no argument from me. It really has a small ship feel to me.

Many years ago before I knew it was possible to purchase multiple FCCs we did not have one available & we lost a combined total of $300 of OBC on a long cruise. :(

We got FCCs on another cruise before our final payment was due but our net price would have been considerably more expensive by canceling & rebooking our cruise with a FCC...it was an expensive lesson for us. :eek:

I just did a live from on our Coral cruise in December. I will try to root around for the link... I talked a lot about the pros and cons of the ship (which is just my opinion), and this may give you a little extra info!

Happy planning!

And here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289607

Edited by TracieABD

I just did a live from on our Coral cruise in December. I will try to root around for the link... I talked a lot about the pros and cons of the ship (which is just my opinion), and this may give you a little extra info!

Happy planning!

And here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289607

Thanks for the link to your "live from", it was a great read. And here I thought I was the only neurotic, Yankee foodie stuck in the South.

FCC is a joke on Princess small deposit and on a balcony for 7+ days was $50 OBC, our last Celebrity cruise we booked FCC on a balcony and received 2 of their 3 perks. Choices were 300 OBC, free grats, or beverage package for 2