11 Reasons you should nver take a cruise

prescottbob

As soon as I saw Charles Lipcon's name on slide 2, it all made sense. He's up there with Jim Walker for notorious ambulance chasing wrt the cruise industry. This is nothing more than self-promotion and the stats don't support his claims....especially wrt to his crime allegations.

You'll come home and not know how to use the stove

You'll be putting your towels on the floor of your bathroom until there are no towels left in the linen closet, but dialing 00 on your phone gets you no one

You won't know the day of the week because there's no Day of the Week carpet in your elevator, wait... there's no elevator:eek:

m--

Edited by RMLincoln

Let's not let facts get in the way of salacious conclusions:

Article claims there are 12 million cruise passengers and 23 went overboard, which may have been suicides, but author does not know. However warns against the potential sense of social isolation cruise travel can trigger.

US overall suicide rate is 12 per 100,000. So an unconfirmed "suicide rate" of 23 per 12 million makes cruising sound like good therapeutic advice; not something to be avoided.

Conclusion: you will be far, far, far less likely to commit suicide on a cruise ship than if you stay home. DO NOT STAY HOME.

That's it!!

I'm cancelling my cruises!

It is far to dangerous out at sea. :p

Someone may sneeze near me!! :eek:

The passengers may become crazed and attack me !

Oh and I also won't be able to control myself and I will eat everything in the buffet. :rolleyes:

That was a classic article. Thank you for making me smile.:)

Of all the inanity, my favorite is on the first slide, where the author equates allowing your 15 year old to roam freely on a cruise ship (1,200 - 4,000 passengers) with allowing them to run freely in New York City (8,400,000 population - not counting visitors.)

That's stupid by a factor of between 2,100 and 7,000!

More accidents occur in the home than anywhere else**. Get out! Go on a cruise. Save yourself!

http://www.rospa.com/home-safety/advice/general/facts-and-figures/

**Yes, I know that people spend more time in the home than anywhere else, but I figured that if people are so mathematically challenged, they'll never know.

That's it!!

I'm cancelling my cruises!

It is far to dangerous out at sea. :p

Someone may sneeze near me!! :eek:

The passengers may become crazed and attack me !

Oh and I also won't be able to control myself and I will eat everything in the buffet. :rolleyes:

That was a classic article. Thank you for making me smile.:)

Yep...I'm going "off the grid"

You'll come home and not know how to use the stove

You'll be putting your towels on the floor of your bathroom until there are no towels left in the linen closet, but dialing 00 on your phone gets you no one

You won't know the day of the week because there's no Day of the Week carpet in your elevator, wait... there's no elevator:eek:

m--

Some of the best reasons I have ever seen,:eek: can't wait until our next one.:D

My favorite pic was the one of the woman, purportedly at the deck railing. Did anyone else notice how low it was? Not much higher than her waist. :eek:

She was either a woman of an extraordinary height, or that wasn't a ship's railing.