Who picks date/time for Speciality restaurant?

phabric

I have a booking which includes a dinner at the Speciality restaurant on the Caribbean Princess.

While on a HAL cruise, I had a speciality restaurant dinner included in the booking and HAL chosed the date and time for you. As there were so many Onboard that had the package, we could not change the reservation.

On Princess, do you receive a card in your cabin and you go or call (once on board) to the restaurant to make a reservation.

We get a comped specialty on the first night since we are in a suite. We were on Regal. After lunch at Alfredo's we talked to the matre'd at Sabatini's and booked our reservations. You can spend a lot of time waiting on the dine line.

We are also on the Regal on the 28th in a suite. Do you know if there is any "wiggle room" with having to use that on the 1st night only or do they let you float it to another night? Since my 90 y/o Mom is with us, I would need to get a fairly early reservation - 6:30 at the latest. Depending how soon we can get on the ship, that might not be possible.

We are also on the Regal on the 28th in a suite. Do you know if there is any "wiggle room" with having to use that on the 1st night only or do they let you float it to another night? Since my 90 y/o Mom is with us, I would need to get a fairly early reservation - 6:30 at the latest. Depending how soon we can get on the ship, that might not be possible.

It varies by ship and management at the time. Just ask at the restaurant as soon as you board.

We have had them insist its the first night only and other cruises where we could use it another night.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I have no idea. We have only had this perk one time. We didn't have any issues with the time we wanted. I would certainly ask.

You make the reservation yourself by calling the DINE line. If you do so shortly after embarking, you should have no trouble getting your choice of date and time.

We have the same deal as the OP. Do you get a card in your cabin confirming that a specialty dinner is included in your booking? I see it no where in My Princess....

We went to the restaurant shortly after boarding and had no trouble getting a 6:30 reservation on the first night. Remember you will be in the first boarding group with a suite. There were a lot of empty tables at that time.

We have the same deal as the OP. Do you get a card in your cabin confirming that a specialty dinner is included in your booking? I see it no where in My Princess....

We have never had a card in our cabin for the 1st night comp specialty dining.:)

This deal is not a "suite comp first night dining". It was part of a Princess offer that included some OBC and a specialty dining meal.

We have both. The comped suite and the promo dining offer. Wonder how they'll handle that. I know wife will want both in Sabatini's.

This deal is not a "suite comp first night dining". It was part of a Princess offer that included some OBC and a specialty dining meal.

We have booked under a promotion that included free specialty dining. We received a card with a night and time, but were able to call and change it to another night. It probably just depends on the ship and how many people received the same promotion. I'm sure they will work with you if they have availability, but you probably won't know until you get onboard.

Other people have issues with diabetic, hypo gycemia and such so it's a first come come first scenario. Since you are in a suite you will board first with the elites. Go directly to the restaurant or call immediately from your cabin and you will have beaten the crowd to make a reservation.

Other people have issues with diabetic, hypo gycemia and such so it's a first come come first scenario. Since you are in a suite you will board first with the elites. Go directly to the restaurant or call immediately from your cabin and you will have beaten the crowd to make a reservation.

Thanks I've already thought of that although I'm not usually one of those who rush to board as it's just so chaotic at the port. I have my Mom in a wheel chair, parking the car, etc.

I think we will have to get there about 11:30 or 12 because I want to make sure I can park the car in the garage and there are 3 of us so it may be doable.

I have a booking which includes a dinner at the Speciality restaurant on the Caribbean Princess.

While on a HAL cruise, I had a speciality restaurant dinner included in the booking and HAL chosed the date and time for you. As there were so many Onboard that had the package, we could not change the reservation.

On Princess, do you receive a card in your cabin and you go or call (once on board) to the restaurant to make a reservation.

If this is a promo specialty dining offer, there will be a card on tour cabin with the restaurant and time which Princess books for you. If you want it to be different, either the restaurant or the time, just head down to the specialty restaurant booking area or call the DINE line and get it changed. The sooner you do so, the better your choices will be....

We've had it twice from Princess and it was quite easy to change ours to the restaurant and time we preferred...

If this is a promo specialty dining offer, there will be a card on tour cabin with the restaurant and time which Princess books for you. If you want it to be different, either the restaurant or the time, just head down to the specialty restaurant booking area or call the DINE line and get it changed. The sooner you do so, the better your choices will be....

We've had it twice from Princess and it was quite easy to change ours to the restaurant and time we preferred...

Thanks! We are booked under the "3 for Free" promotion on an upcoming cruise so knowing the day & time can be changed is helpful!

LuLu

We have both. The comped suite and the promo dining offer. Wonder how they'll handle that. I know wife will want both in Sabatini's.

We've had this also and it's handled the same way as if it were one or the other. Your comped suite dinner can be in whichever specialty restaurant you want at available time you like, simply call DINE line or head to specialty restaurant booking area to pick place and time.

For the booking promo dinner, there will (should) be a card in your cabin with date, time and restaurant info. If you want something different, head to specialty booking straight away and change to whichever time and place you want that's available.

One alternative on Royal/Regal - instead of going to the specialty booking area or calling the DINE line - you have the option to go to the suite concierge lounge and have the Concierge do all the bookings for you. This can be good or bad depending on when you get onboard. If early, there will be few suite folks in the lounge. Later in the day, there can be a few waiting on the concierge to do bookings for spa, restaurants, etc. This is not available on any other ship besides Royal Class ships!

We waited about 10-15 minutes on Regal when we went about 3:30 or so to book our specialty dining. Had a snack and juice and waited. There is a specialty coffee machine, juices, and snacks available while you wait along with TV and a few magazines...