Royal Caribbean: "We reserve the right to alter an itinerary"

Anna5

What a lousy concept:

You pay over two thousand to see something, but have to sit trapped on the ship the entire cruise. The ship didn't go to the promised port, and we got only a short announcement. No facts, no profound explanation, no plan B, no compensation.

Maybe the strategy is to keep people and their money on board. The Internet access cost 20 dollars/day per device and didn't even work. A glass (= plastic cup) of cheap wine cost 10 dollars. Everything seem to serve company's money collection.

So does this mean you won't be going on another Cruise?

They should have reimbursed port charges.

We got stuck in port until day 3 due to weather, and we missed one port. They refunded port charges.

But people were so unhappy about the situation.

On our recent snowbird migration, we had to embark from a tent, and still got a partial port fee refund.

What a lousy concept:

You pay over two thousand to see something, but have to sit trapped on the ship the entire cruise. The ship didn't go to the promised port, and we got only a short announcement. No facts, no profound explanation, no plan B, no compensation.

Maybe the strategy is to keep people and their money on board. The Internet access cost 20 dollars/day per device and didn't even work. A glass (= plastic cup) of cheap wine cost 10 dollars. Everything seem to serve company's money collection.

Specifics would be REALLY helpful. Also, ranting during your first post probably wasn't a good idea either.. Just saying.......

What a lousy concept:

So you'd rather sail into unsafe conditions:eek::confused:

I've been on 29 cruises. I've cruised in every month. I've yet to miss a port, even when I thought we would (windy day before going into Grand Cayman). Remind me not to book any cruises you are on. "Nearly 50%" :eek:

Huh, I just assumed it was pretty typical (at least sailing in off seasons). Nearly all of our Caribbean trips were in Sept to Dec and weather was the reason for every missed port there. In Europe we usually sail in spring (May) or fall (late OCT early Nov). We missed some from waves or wind and some Athens and another Greek port due to strikes and Egypt because of the volatile political situation (it was replaced with Istanbul, which was a great city for an overnight port). If I really sat down and tried to remember clearly enough to count it up, it might be more like 40%, but it is pretty common.

Welcome to CC..read the contract...if you want to go someplace, fly there....

I have lost track of how many times I have had an itinerary change....big whoop...I am on vacation and a lot of other people are not..

Edited by megr1125

In most cases when I cruise, I have to go on particular dates which usually means very similar destinations (especially as I don't want to stray from Oasis class just yet) so an altered itinerary would be a breath of fresh air for me. Got a new port on my upcoming Harmony cruise though so that will make a nice change.

Considering what's going on (or what was) with Labadee, if they decide to change that too I am okay with that. The one that would annoy me would be St Maarten. Love it there!

Well,they chose to give you back all your money didn't they? And added a 50% voucher on another cruise:D:D They chose to do it.

It seems shaun has expanded his 'I Hate Royal' passive aggressive tour now that the Anthem threads are dying off. :D

43 posts about an OP comment with no details.

Must be a slow day out there in the world with nothing else happening of any importance.

But you couldn't resist could you.

And didn't even try to address the issue:confused::confused::confused:

What a lousy concept:

Perhaps cruising isn't the right vacation for you. That's okay, you know. We're all allowed our own opinions.