All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

11 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Melody , That does look like you . I said to Gary yesterday I must be losing it because I am buying clothes with no where to go . 

If the clothes make you happy and are a reasonable part of your budget there is nothing wrong with buying just for you even it you only wear them at home 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Melody , That does look like you . I said to Gary yesterday I must be losing it because I am buying clothes with no where to go . 

I counted items in my closet that I can mix & match with these, made 15 different outfits.  This will likely be the core of a cruise wardrobe, so many options. Due in on Friday, now to hope it fits!  I was amazed how it improved my mood!  Melody

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MJC said:

Melody that is so totally you. Have to buy those things when you see them. 🙂

I’ve been looking at this set since it came out waiting for the price to drop a bit. Finally got to where I was comfortable with it!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I finally got an antibody test and that bizarre pneumonia I had was not covid .

I’m sorry, Sally. I’ve heard that this is often the case. Bright side is that you won’t be likely to suffer from some of the lasting complications from these virus. Seems like we are still learning about all that this virus can include. I don’t wish any of this on anyone!

Sharon

46 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I’ve been looking at this set since it came out waiting for the price to drop a bit. Finally got to where I was comfortable with it!

So pretty, Melody! Hoping that you will soon be wearing it to many happy events! Wishing you well with your surgery. June 8 is our anniversary so even though we have an exciting day of celebrating planned (no not this year) I will be sending good thoughts your way.

Sharon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I finally got an antibody test and that bizarre pneumonia I had was not covid .

Les tested negative on the antibody test too, our doc still cannot believe it. 

That definitely looks like your type of outfit, Melody!  

I think I mentioned already that my doctor's office offers the antibody testing.  I keep thinking I would like to do this.  I'm not sure why though.

We have been given the green light to start the process of opening back up in Onondaga County.  I like the idea of a slow phase in.    There have been 84 deaths in the county I live in, and 1523 cases overall.  We have been lucky. 

I have been thinking about our cruise in November.  As of right now, I am okay with it.  There is much discussion of a second wave, so I think when and if that happens will be a decision maker.   Over the weekend, there was a great deal on the drink package plus one device with Voom.  When I took into consideration that I usually get Voom anyway and that my morning specialty coffees would be included, I was tempted.  The reality is though that two of the five days I would be off of the ship most of the day.  Then we usually get a drink in the diamond lounge before dinner.  It still wouldn't pay.  Both people in the room have to get it and it is less valuable to my husband, who drinks a little lighter than me and doesn't drink coffee at all.

Can you believe it...he doesn't drink coffee!!  🙂  Anyway, it isn't on sale now.  The cost is $15.00 more per day, so it's a no go.  If it goes on sale again, I might be tempted but we will see.

The weather here has been crazy.  It was snowing a few days ago.  It will be 75 tomorrow.  It's going to rain tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, but Saturday is supposed to be nice.  We had clear weather yesterday, so after dinner my husband remembered this trail that he thought might be less crowded to walk on.  He was right.  It runs along side a local creek and it is mostly used by people fishing.  We encountered no one walking, and there were just a few people fishing, much closer to the water than we were.  It felt so good getting outside!  We are going to make a point of doing it again on Saturday.

• Like 2

We bought our airfare (fully refundable) for March. First class out of Colorado Springs to Tampa, exactly half what we paid in this March!  Too good a deal not to jump on it. 

my outfit from Chicos arrived at 10pm last night  Ring doorbell going off that late is rather disconcerting!  Alexa showed the package on doorstop  I’ll open it tonight after the package sits in the garage for the day. Can’t wait to try it on!  

I get my pedicure today!!!  My shop opens today 5 people, with masks, normally about 40 in the shop.  I’m going to have her cut my nails down too & get the gel (from February 15, yup grown out considerably but still looks good, no chips) off. I can’t have nail polish on my hands for my surgery so better get used to it!  Melody

110D6F7E-0987-42E2-AAD5-94FA52CB2B9C.jpeg

549F3FA4-E265-46BE-BB90-A4422251E885.jpeg

We are totally on the fence now about our December S.A. trip and final payment is due in June.  At this point, 12 hours on a plane is definitely a no-go. We shall see what develops in the coming months. I can't imagine becoming sick with the virus in the hinterlands of Chile. I'm not even willing to do takeout yet!

We're heading to the lake tomorrow morning for a weekend of cleaning and yard work, with some socially distant chats with friends thrown in, I hope. :)

• Like 2

Margaret, I know how much you’ve been looking forward to SA, there in pretty bad straights in SA. If I did go I’d make sure to have several ZPacks  & other meds with me. We’re pretty comfortable with March for our cruise. 

I appreciate hearing others are still considering cruises.  We made final payment last week on our Nov cruise (S. Caribbean) and most posts I read people think it's nuts to expect cruising to resume this year.  I'm cautiously optimistic 🙂 

Hi,,,,,,,, I haven't posted here but know many of you from the other threads and everyone has been so kind to me

and all my health issues.

I am considering a cruise in October.......Vancouver to San Diego. It is a very small ship (only 300). Not positive

I am doing it.........have to see how my health is besides the cruising part.   It at least would give me something

to look forward to...............

• Like 2

Hi Lois, I really, really hope that the  cruise works out for you. First of all, it would mean that you are feeling better and second, it would mean that things are returning to normal for all of us ( whatever normal will be). You didn’t mention the ports but I know there are many good possibilities between Vancouver and San Diego. Fingers crossed that you will be sailing down the west coast in October!

Sharon

12 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Lois, I really, really hope that the  cruise works out for you. First of all, it would mean that you are feeling better and second, it would mean that things are returning to normal for all of us ( whatever normal will be). You didn’t mention the ports but I know there are many good possibilities between Vancouver and San Diego. Fingers crossed that you will be sailing down the west coast in October!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, ports are Seattle and Longview, WA, Portland, Oregon,  Victoria, 2 days in San Francisco as well. It is 9

nights........

Lois, this sounds like a really nice cruise!  Abut 5 years ago, I did a Pacific Coastal cruise.  We spent two days in San Francisco, a day in Victoria, and a day in Catalina Island. 

I absolutely loved San Francisco, and would love to go back there since there is so much to see and do.   Victoria was very beautiful, but we had engine trouble and had to modify our day there so we didn't get a chance to see as much as we would like to.

We sailed from San Diego, and came back to Vancouver.  Being on the East coast and having limited time off, we got to San Diego very late.  We got to the hotel and ate at the restaurant there at 9:00 PM.  With arriving in Vancouver, we had planes to meet to get back home so we were not able to explore those ports, unfortunately.

In San Francisco, we did a day trip that was a lunch and wine train trip.  It was absolutely wonderful.  The food was amazing, and the wine pairings were great.

• Like 1

Hi, I love San Francisco too and have visited there multiple times over the years😃 It is one of my favorite cities

anywhere! 

San Francisco is having its share of problems because of the homeless. I know the city has taken steps to find homes for them because of the virus but I haven’t heard if it has made a difference in the over all cleanliness of the city. It’s a shame because, SF does have a lot to offer.  

The Napa Valley Wine Train is a nice trip and there is a lot to see in the surrounding area I imagine that the cruise line will have many excursion choices. October weather in the Bay is usually pretty nice. 

Lois, all the ports you mentioned are really good choices although I don’t think I’ve been to Longview, WA.  We especially like Victoria and  Sidney, a small town at the northern end of the Saanich Peninsula. It’s where the Victoria airport is located. Unfortunately it probably isn’t a possibility unless your ship ports in Victoria for a full day.   Victoria has so much to offer that we often wander around and  enjoy just being there. Since you will be on a small ship, it will be much more pleasant than when the larger ships are in port,  Happy planning!

Sharon, do you live in California?  I have seen plenty of stories on the news about the homeless in SF........I know it is 

a problem without this pandemic so this is definitely making it worse. 

Melody, I've been meaning to ask you about your nails.  I know you have really long, strong nails, so I was surprised to see you with artificial nails.  How did you keep them just growing out like that?  Mine are a mess about one week in.  Not just the gap near the cuticle, but they always start to come off.

I decided to take a little time today to get our my warmer weather clothes.  It is always a bit tricky, as I need to keep out certain things as the weather is back and forth.  This year in particular, the weather has been crazy.  I noticed a few things when doing all this.  In a few areas, I actually have too many things.  That really doesn't happen to me normally, but now that I have been the same size after losing weight for about 3 years, I've built a wardrobe back up.  I decided I wasn't going to run and start taking things out of the mix.  I'm going to do that thing where I get out the item, and if I can't get myself to put it on, then it is time to let go.  The tops are basics, and many are V-neck tees from Eddie Bauer so they are a good quality and fit me well.   I have a few from other stores as well.  I started by putting them in order by color, and noticed that I definitely have too many red ones.  I love red.  Apparently though, ever time I saw a different shade, I must have picked it up. Most of them aren't earth red, but since it is a color I am drawn to, I've built a collection.  I am pretty sure just looking at them which ones will go, but I love sorting clothing by color because it allows me to see where gaps are in my wardrobe.

I also have a few too many pairs of shorts.  Loft Outlet has really good sales right around the end of May and early June, and they often have some good earth colors.  I love that I have those options, but I have also learned that their shorts fit me kind of oddly sometimes.  If I put on a pair and take them right back off, then I will know that I am ready to part with them.   This is a classic case of getting things based on color and style but not really watching the fit.  When I am feeling "skinny" they are okay.  Not great, just okay.  

My weight goes up and down regularly by about 3 pounds and it makes a difference with these shorts.

I guess this is a good problem to have overall.  It also enables me to get rid of a few things where I sometimes keep something because I don't have something to replace it with.  You know, "khaki is such a great basic for shorts.  I don't love them, but they're the only pair I have in that color."

I do like how the concept of sorting things in my dresser and closet by style and color helps me to see what I do and do not have.  I think the only area where I want to add a few things is one or two pair of dark earth color pants.     I would like to get a pair of dark olive.  The other area is sweaters that are a substitute for blazer or suiting style jackets.  I have found a couple things, including a teal cardigan and rust cardigan online at Kohls on clearance.

Did I tell you all that through our closure that we are having now, the bank has allowed us to wear jeans to work?  We are working through the drive thru, by phone, email and so forth so it was something we did not only to make employees feel a bit more relaxed at this trying time, but also because suiting is often dry cleaned, and we wanted people to be able to go home and throw things in the washer.  When you dry clean, you re-wear things quite a bit.

I have found that I am comfortable with wearing jeans to work.  I know that will change as we make plans to reopen soon, but I have enjoyed it.  I have worn booties, nice sweaters, scarves.  I feel more pulled together than usual, since I am not a fan of suits since they never quite fit right or look good.  This is why I try to find nicer sweaters.   There are so many loose, unconstructed styles and I have to find those that are more fitted and can be buttoned, whether I actually button them or not.  It is the difference in how they fit and are styled.

I'm just rambling, aren't I?  🙂  I got poison ivy for the first time a few weeks ago.  I'm very lucky it was a small patch, and it is finally drying up.  I don't wish it on anyone.  It's the most annoying thing ever, and it doesn't go away quickly.

Yesterday was my birthday, and with not being able to do much, I asked my husband if we could just go for a ride since I love going down all these back roads or through different towns and looking at all the houses and what not.    My younger daughter who lives at home asked to go as well.  It turned out to be an amazing time!  It was so much fun.  My husband bought me beautiful flowers and my favorite candy (Twizzlers!).  My daughter got me a Red Sox shirt and a Red Sox flag to hang outside.  We got take out from a favorite place, and then drove to a nearby park and sat in the back of the pickup to eat.  The weather was great, and we had so many laughs.

It was seriously one of my best birthdays ever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Sharon, do you live in California?  I have seen plenty of stories on the news about the homeless in SF........I know it is 

a problem without this pandemic so this is definitely making it worse. 

Hi Lois, yes I do but not in the Bay Area. I have spent a lot of time there over the years and our son lived in the east bay until he moved to MN. I am sure that there will be good excursion choices offered that will avoid the worst of downtown. There is still a lot to see and do there. Homelessness seems to be a big problem here in CA. It’s very difficult for cities to get it under control which is very sad. 

Sharon