No more Bistro on 5 on Reflection

cruiserone

Thanks for posting the pics. Those dishes look beautiful and a far cry from the buffet sushi. I would spend money on that.

So would I koolforkatz. As for the previous concerns that it would be the same sushi as the buffet sushi, it seems pretty clear that we can put those thoughts to rest. I'm hoping this pilot project will be successful.

Edited by Host Andy

Oooh, that looks really good - and sake too! We're booked on EQ in July, I'm actually hoping this is there for that cruise- as sad as I am about missing crepes, I love me some good sashimi and sushi (as well as the rest!). Would've loved tataki and Takayuki as well, but I'll take it. I guess for me, I'll be winning either way (and Celebrity will get some extra $$ from me) [emoji41]

Hi Everyone,

As someone who enjoys Sushi, I think the photos look wonderful, with a lovely presentation. If it tastes as good as it looks, I think this will be far better than some of the comments on this thread. Of course, if you do not enjoy Sushi, then I suspect the photos won't help either :)

Wish we were sailing on Reflection in the near future. I'd love to try Sushi on Five for myself.

Thanks for the photos...everything looks delicious! Only 6 weeks to giving it a try!

I definitely enjoyed the crepes at Bistro on 5 but every time we passed the restaurant it was empty or nearly empty. I'm cruising on Reflection again in January and I'm so excited for (hopefully good) sushi!

Having seen the menu and the prices they are charging for the new Sushi on 5, I suspect you will be seeing the same emptiness when you pass.

Andy

X offered Bo5 as an alternative for suite guests on port days to make up for a lack of Luminae for lunch. When you spoke to X did they mention what they planned for suite guests on these days?

Do we have an answer on this, it is a big concern for us as this new menu does not work for us at all

I am also wondering about the udp covering this venue, that would persuade me to purchase the package. If NOT, even as a sushi lover i would rarely visit

It would be great if someone on board could answer the question about UDP. The Gastro Pub is not included in UDP, so my best guess is that Sushi on 5 will not be included.

We just boarded Reflection and I can now confirm that Sushi on Five is indeed sushi only, with no lunch service of any kind for the time being. The gentleman we spoke to said that they may serve lunch eventually but that during the trial run, it will be dinner only. He also told me that the ultimate dining package (which we purchased) cannot be used at Sushi on Five, but I'm crossing my fingers that we can convince them to let us use it for a couple of items at some point.

As for the package, we used it for lunch at the Porch, which was excellent. The price is now $30, but no upcharge for the seafood tower.

Please come back and post what is taking the place of the sushi in Oceanview!

According to post #206:

The sushi in the Oceanview Cafe has been replaced with a "Deli Station" where they make fresh and hearty gourmet sandwiches, toasted or not. Crepes from Bistro on 5 are available on selected days in the Oceanview Cafe. A refreshing change. — at Celebrity Reflection.

We had eaten several times on the two cruises- at Bistro- We had perfectly reasonable service at all times, and the venue was never empty- a couple of times for lunch and a couple of times for early dinner, on both ships there were other cruisers enjoying the experience with us. We will be on the Solstice, May 2017 and will be very disappointed if that venue will be a sushi bar-- I hate fish altogether, and loved all the food/venue choices of Celebrity. We just book aqua, enjoy Blu a few times for dinner and breakfast-But we really like to eat at Bistro a few times, Murano/Normandie once, and Qzine once or twice. ON the Solstice, we will miss Qzine, but will go once to Silk Harvest, even though it doesn't get the reviews that Qzine gets.

Any way, hoping that Bistro stays the same on the the other Celebrity ships.

We just boarded Reflection and I can now confirm that Sushi on Five is indeed sushi only, with no lunch service of any kind for the time being. The gentleman we spoke to said that they may serve lunch eventually but that during the trial run, it will be dinner only. He also told me that the ultimate dining package (which we purchased) cannot be used at Sushi on Five, but I'm crossing my fingers that we can convince them to let us use it for a couple of items at some point.

As for the package, we used it for lunch at the Porch, which was excellent. The price is now $30, but no upcharge for the seafood tower.

Can you let us know if beverage packages be used in Sushi on 5?

Hi!! hope you have a great cruise. BO5 was suppose to be the restaurant used for lunch on port days by suite guests. Can you find out if Luminae is opening for lunch on port days? I'm extremely allergic to seafood which means that the Porch and SO5 are not options for me. Will appreciate any information.