No more Bistro on 5 on Reflection

cruiserone

According to the F&B Director (I asked him last week while we were onboard) The Porch is now the lunch venue on port days for those dining in Luminae.

Also, if this has been noted already, my apologies, in almost all the Dailies last week, Sushi on 5 was constantly being advertised to try it before it's gone and as a "pop-up" restaurant.. which makes me wonder if they are testing the concept on Reflection and perhaps giving themselves an out should it not take off...

I'll see if I have the dailies where this is indicated and will post here.

Thanks for the info! The Porch is not an option for us, I'm extremely allergic to seafood. Won't mind if Sushi on five is really a pop up restaurant. We really liked BO5...

What makes a Memphis style BBQ joint universally acceptable?

Honestly, probably nothing. I find it's more acceptable to more people since it's comfort food, but that also reflects my background and is hardly universal. Truly, I can't think of any cuisine that would be universal.

Also, if this has been noted already, my apologies, in almost all the Dailies last week, Sushi on 5 was constantly being advertised to try it before it's gone and as a "pop-up" restaurant.. which makes me wonder if they are testing the concept on Reflection and perhaps giving themselves an out should it not take off...

Oh, this is an interesting idea. I love the concept of a venue that hosts changing "pop-up" restaurants. This year it's a sushi place, but next year it's tapas and the year after that it's a BBQ place. What fun that would be!

Nope, I hate peanut butter and I imagine there are many who are allergic to peanuts.

Ice cream is probably the only universally loved food. :D

I can agree with this - PB&J seems uniquely American, not universal or even global [emoji4]

Just returned from the Feb 20 sailing on Reflection. During the cruise the Bistro on 5 was converted to Sushi on 5. Per Reflection personnel this is a "Pop UP" themed restaurant, meaning that it may stay, go or be relocated somewhere else on the ship. Our party enjoyed the sushi on two different occasions. Our waiter Willie was very attentive and entertaining. Prices were acceptable due to the purchase one roll and get a complimentary roll. The rolls are a good size and two are adequate for two people with average appetites. They also serve Japanese beers and Saki which if you have a Premium beverage card covers most all selections.

I am not sure if this venue will be successful long term as the number of people visiting the restaurant appeared limited. It would be nice to open earlier, say around noon so passengers could enjoy dining there for lunch or just grabbing a quick bite to stay off the hunger pains until dinner.

20160223_180142.jpg.69672a46ea26c1dccd67da7d315efd5d.jpg

According to the F&B Director (I asked him last week while we were onboard) The Porch is now the lunch venue on port days for those dining in Luminae.

From last week's dailies:

24781751784_80344401c7_b.jpg

25386173446_6572d1741a_b.jpg

Edited by dmp223

Did they do away with the free ngiri in the buffet? This sounds more like specialized rolls and something different? Sounds interesting...

Oceanview is no longer offering sushi... they have replaced with deli selections.

Oceanview is no longer offering sushi... they have replaced with deli selections.

When in the last time you were on a Solstice Class ship and which one was it?

I am fairly certain that there has always been a deli selection. Perhaps you mean they just keep it as a deli instead of offering Sushi in the evening?

Can you better define "deli selections"? Is it now a specific deli station where they make to order or just build your own like they already have?

A bar or counter that sells raw oysters and other seafood.

How will they get fresh food for this raw bar? I love oysters and all those other raw items, but knowing that there's been problems with people getting sick on raw items, I wonder if X is prepared for such things happening? Lawsuits if someone gets sick on raw seafood?

How will they get fresh food for this raw bar? I love oysters and all those other raw items, but knowing that there's been problems with people getting sick on raw items, I wonder if X is prepared for such things happening? Lawsuits if someone gets sick on raw seafood?

I would imagine a huge company such as Celebrity has many qualified professionals, who are paid very well, who research all of these types of issues. No one wants people to get sick at their restaurant.

Our best friends are on the Reflection and just emailed me that Bistro on 5 is now a sushi bar and The Porch is now a raw bar.

Just thought I would pass the word around.

Had read about this about a month ago--that it was changing.

We like sushi and are fans of raw bar.

Will be interested to try both locations--they will be "specialty" up charge eateries I believe...

Last week on Reflection, the Bistro on 5 was nearly empty most of the time. I thought it was closed but the staff was there waiting for diners. The Porch was dead too.

So interesting. I went last November and both were full. I had to wait for a table at Bistro and The Porch couldn't accommodate me as a walk in. Also, I had been to Bistro when it was the $5 price and mainly crepes. This past cruise, I went there 4 times and thought it was incredible.

Our best friends are on the Reflection and just emailed me that Bistro on 5 is now a sushi bar and The Porch is now a raw bar.

Just thought I would pass the word around.

When I went last November, The Porch wasn't really a raw bar. It was more a seafood place but either or, it is strange to make 2 places seafood focused. Seems like it's reducing variety a bit.

The way things have been going, my guess is that they are just going to transfer the Sushi from the buffet to the paid venue. I hope I'm wrong. The Sushi in the buffet is basically lox with ginger and wasabi. It's fine for a snack but nothing more than that.

LOL!! Ding ding. My thoughts exactly. They'll add a few more to the selection but why would we expect it to be any better quality just because we're paying for it. Are they hiring sushi chefs for this restaurant? If so, I would change my opinion but somehow, I doubt they are.