Leaving Stuff Poolside

lkloza

I always think it is comical to watch some ladies walking around on the decks with their big

over sized purses. ;)

Hmmm, I must be one of those ladies then.:p

Let's see, my DH usually asks me to hold his seapass. We need our sunscreens, I need my sun hat, sunglasses, book or ereader, the ship's daily, water bottle, my phone or camera (or both), hairbrush and lipstick.

Maybe I should tell DH to hold his own seapass, then I wouldn't need one of those comical big oversized purses. :D

Doesn't your photo come up when the SeaPass is scanned?? So they will know if it's you using your card or not.

Sometimes the scanners don't have the ability to display the cruise photo. That's why some bar servers will sometimes ask for a photo ID if they think a guest might be under age.

Let's see, my DH usually asks me to hold his seapass. We need our sunscreens, I need my sun hat, sunglasses, book or ereader, the ship's daily, water bottle, my phone or camera (or both), hairbrush and lipstick.

Maybe I should tell DH to hold his own seapass, then I wouldn't need one of those comical big oversized purses. :D

Ha I concur, and i leave it all on the bed while i swim :D. Im not sure anyone would book a cruise , costing a good deal of money, with the intention of stealing a phone or a Kindle in front of hundreds of onlookers. Imagine what would happen if they were spotted ?

I found it one day by accident on something else I was looking at... They are Kyss Bags use that name plus .com and you'll find the page for it. I have one for this upcoming cruise in April and although mine might be a little large for the pool deck (bought for the beaches for 3 of us), it still will work and they have smaller sizes also :-) They run about $45.00

Thanks, I'm gonna definitely look into it!

Thanks, I'm gonna definitely look into it!

:-) YW! I love mine and haven't even used it yet LOL but it will lock to the chair AND the zipper part locks also, so if they want the bag (or its contents) or the chair, they have to take both!! lol

:-) YW! I love mine and haven't even used it yet LOL but it will lock to the chair AND the zipper part locks also, so if they want the bag (or its contents) or the chair, they have to take both!! lol

LOL!!! Good. I'd love to see some frustrated thief trying to work that lock! :D

Was it last year when a thread about someone's very expensive flip-flops being stolen on the pool deck went somewhat viral? Mostly over how expensive a pair of flip-flops could be. :D... I would not chance leaving electronics/cameras/valuables unsupervised.

Yes, I remember that thread! She was very upset.

There have been posts here over the years about stolen items - be it from the pool deck, cabin, from the suitcase in the hall on the last night... I mean, a cruise ship is a small city and no reason to think that there won't be any crime.

What DH and I do is take turns swimming - it seems to work for us.

I must be one too. ;)

I only take my cover-up, book, sunscreen and flip flops. Unfortunately, last year, I had my flip flops stolen from the adult pool while I was in the pool. I couldn't believe it. They weren't expensive but they were white and they matched numerous outfits that I was going to wear while on the cruise.

I always sit one deck above the pool deck. Last year during a sea day someone decided they needed my Neutrogena 70 sunscreen more than I did. I got up to get a beer and when I returned my shoes, pool towel, HD T-shirt were there but not the sunscreen. I might have been gone 5 minutes. Lesson learned. Let the poolside bar staff wait on me.

Edited by davekathy

For my sea pass card (or credit card and cash when in port) I use a waterproof container that I can but around my neck. The ship's carry them in the store but I got mine from Amazon. I also have a "belly pack" that is waterproof for phone etc.

when at ship pool, I use the small container when snorkeling, I use the belly pack.

As for my iPad for reading, I never bring it to the pool because it is so hard to see so I bring a book instead.

I will be on the liberty next March, and I was wondering how safe it is to leave your belongings at the lounge chairs while you swim, etc. I like to take stuff with me (phone, headphones, mini speaker, SeaPass card, cover up) all in a backpack/ bag of course.

I guess my main concern would be while getting on the waterslides because my things won't be in eye's view. I don't want to get off to realize that my backpack is gone.

I would not leave electronics if I were leaving the area. If getting in the pool and I can see chair, I would be more okay with that, but that is me. I take my iPod to pool area to listen to and take naps while DW reads. If we go to eat, I am taking iPod with me.

I wouldn't worry about losing the sea pass . It does not have your room number on it and it if it is lost or stolen it can be replaced pretty easily.

We recently purchased some sort of super nylon fabric zipper pouch that has a steel cord attached to it. The cord wraps around a chair and through the combination lock on the bag. It is about the size of an iPad mini and maybe just an thick. There was a smaller version and a larger version also. We bought it originally to take to the beach but have found it to be really a wonderful accessory for the pool area. It is made by Vaultz and was less than $20. We picked ours up at Ron Jon's in cocoa Beach but I'm sure you could find one anywhere

Yes I know someone could actually cut the steel cable with some type of appliance but what are the odds that someone has that around the pool. Also they have to be carrying away your entire chair or cut the chair to steal your items.

Wish I knew how to add a link or even a picture.

M

I've never heard of that type of bag...where can it be purchased and how much was it? I might be interested in getting one.

I have one by Vaultz, love it. You can get it at Vaultz.net or Amazon.

http://www.vaultz.net/sporting/locking-pool-pouch-medium-blue-vaultz-vz00724.html

ImageUploadedByForums1456276379.015639.jpg.74ad1c11cd132c66772bc0f960dc217e.jpg

This is my kyss bag at port Everglades before my oasis cruise

I have used the bag at local swimming pools and on 3 cruises it works great.

It's not going to prevent theft but unless thieves are prepared with tools they aren't getting in the bag. And they would make a big scene trying to do so which is probably exactly what they don't want.

The owners at kyss are very friendly too.

It would be great if there was a row of lockers, say 50 - 100 cubbyholes, for stashing sandals, towel, t-shirt, etc. when you go into a pool or hot tub. Maybe make it activated by seapass card. If they did that you'd never have to contest me for a lounger in the sun because the chair would be available, and my stuff would be safe too.

I will be on the liberty next March, and I was wondering how safe it is to leave your belongings at the lounge chairs while you swim, etc. I like to take stuff with me (phone, headphones, mini speaker, SeaPass card, cover up) all in a backpack/ bag of course.

I guess my main concern would be while getting on the waterslides because my things won't be in eye's view. I don't want to get off to realize that my backpack is gone.

The Liberty has 3600 guests and I believe another 1400 crew. So there are 5000 people on the ship that you have never met before.

Lets say you stop in a small town of 5000 people and decide to play in the fountain in the middle of the park where many others are having fun. Would you leave your backpack full of your phone, headphones, mini speaker, SeaPass card and cover up just laying around where you could not see it?

If so, then you can do the same on the cruise. If not, then you should do the same on the cruise.

Edited by Cuizer2

It would be great if there was a row of lockers, say 50 - 100 cubbyholes, for stashing sandals, towel, t-shirt, etc. when you go into a pool or hot tub. Maybe make it activated by seapass card. If they did that you'd never have to contest me for a lounger in the sun because the chair would be available, and my stuff would be safe too.

I made that recommendation on our last post cruise survey.

We just got off Liberty. There is absolutely no place, shelf, chair or anything to place or leave your belongings but for the ground up against the wall of the slide stairway itself. Once inside the spiral stairway, you can NOT see anything.

Sliders beware.

On another note, you can not wear any ear rings and necklaces while using the slides. So this is something else that one must leave behind unattended unless you leave them in your cabin.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

You never know who is on board. Always safe guard your stuff.