If I could I would

1of4

be sailing! As I type a 48 hour storm is barrelling down upon us with snow, sleet, freezing rain and "just" rain which will flash freeze. I will close my eyes and remember being onboard a DAM ship and pretend that we are there feeling the sun or seeing some new wonder (to us) rather than living through what is about to be.

What is it doing in your neighbourhood? Do you have a trip planned to look forward to?

I see some Veendam voyages between Montreal and Boston are down in price and I was so very tempted to book one to "test the waters" but two things are stopping me...the value of the Canadian dollar will add quite a sum to the total and it is the Veendam and there have been some non-glowing reviews of late. $999 American for an inside cabin is attractive but not when converted to Canadian dollars and there is no AC or the plumbing acts up. :(

It's clear and brisk here. Just finished my 148 steps and 200 ft climb to prepare for the excursions on my July cruise. Really looking forward to it though the weather gives me no complaints at the moment. It is Nature's fickle season though... I say take the cruise. The conversion only brings it to $1383. If your cabin acts up, ask to switch with the captain [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

be sailing! ... I see some Veendam voyages between Montreal and Boston are down in price and I was so very tempted to book one to "test the waters" but two things are stopping me...the value of the Canadian dollar will add quite a sum to the total and it is the Veendam and there have been some non-glowing reviews of late. $999 American for an inside cabin is attractive but not when converted to Canadian dollars and there is no AC or the plumbing acts up. :(

Can't help you with your Canadian Dollar woes but, according to CJcruzer, Veendam is going into dry dock in March (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48949409&postcount=1) and, thus, should be in really good shape for the Canada-New England cruises this summer. Good luck and smooth sailing

I feel your pain for the CND because it is mine, too!!

We are planning a long land trip to Japan instead of a long HAL cruise. The amount we will save is serious. The value is just not there now with HAL.

Hope all goes well for you with your storm!

Here it is cool overnight, but sunny all day. Rain coming, so back to normal.

Snow, rain and freezing rain here today and then a big storm with high winds tomorrow. I think we will get rain so it will turn into a flood warning.

5 weeks from today, God willing we will be flying to San Diego for our cruise in the South Pacific.

We too feel your Canadian dollar pain ;)

What is it doing in your neighbourhood? Do you have a trip planned to look forward to?(

Same storm coming here shortly, but it's warm enough that it will only be rain. Missing the sunshine a lot, though. :(

Next cruise isn't until October, so that will be almost a year between cruises---a long time for me. Really getting the yen to pack and go now, but this season there's no where to go where I would want to be. So, have to wait.

Sunny today, but more rain, rain, rain in the near future. At least we've had no snow this winter!

Leaving in a couple months for the FL-Montreal 13-day on the Veendam. It's the second time we've done the cruise, we love the itinerary. I'm a little nervous about the Veendam (first time to sail her). But it sounds like some people still love her, and our cruise will be after dry dock.

Our last cruise was on the Statendam last spring, and I was thankful we had very few problems in our cabin. The A/C was struggling, and there were plumbing problems all around us. But people loved that ship too. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our Veendam sailing. At least we won't need A/C that trip. :D

Beautiful weather here, too. Spring is sprung!:) I am rushing to prune all my fuchsias as they are sprouting madly, and it's the only way to keep them under control. Maybe it will be the last time, as we are planning a move to a condo or smaller townhouse, so I am nostalgicly snipping. We have a cruise coming up soon, too. It will be said to miss some of the beautiful spring weather we have, but I will make the sacrifice and sail!:rolleyes:

The snow is just starting in Chicagoland. It's cold and windy out. Went and got groceries and now I'm going to stay warm.

And we fly to Sydney AU in early March, then to Auckland, NZ to start our Noordam cruise back to Sydney. It's late summer there.

Crazy winter this year.

Most of our snow melted by yesterday, but we've got lots of snow coming now. So, I'm staying by the fire today.

Yes, our dollar is bad, so we're dreaming of sunshine and thinking of going to

the Med (Canadian dollar doesn't seem so bad against the Euro, but maybe that's an illusion).

Rain and wind here in southeastern PA . We may have thunderstorms and flooding downpours later this afternoon.

But, 6 weeks from today I will be on my way to PHL to fly to Rome and board the Koningsdam [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is a balmy 28 degrees ABOVE zero in Fairbanks, Alaska today. Weird! It should be 30 below. I just got back from a 13 day Mexico cruise, have a Hawaii to Vancouver cruise booked for this May and booked the Koningsdam for May, 2017 (Baltics) a few days ago. Life could be a lot worse!

We got over 2 inches of rain here this morning -- not the usual norm for this time of the year. Winds are very high right now.

But tomorrow will be another day -- and a whole lot of different weather. Rain is to move back in. Temperatures will be dropping all night. All three local channels have different versions of what we are to get -- rain, sleet, freezing rain and then snow.

We have a cruise soon -- hope we make it with all the bad weather that has been happening and closings of airports. Wish we had direct flights.

It has been very sunny here but also very cold. Woke up to quite a heavy frost this morning. We are very lucky as we very rarely see snow like we used to.

We will soon be off to the South of France for a month, the temperatures are a lot higher down there than they are here.

Susan

First we got a 1/2 inch of snow, followed by freezing rain, now rain. Our cruise is Canada/New England in late April. We usually go to sunny Bermuda, but decided to cruise in our own area this year. Always wanted to and now we are looking forward to that.

Lorie

We are expecting very high winds and pouring rain. Rain has started here but thankfully it is just warm enough it won't be snow.

It would be great if I was wishing I was cruising but I am not. I'm content at home for the moment.

Edited by sail7seas

We are supposed to get 10-14 inches here in Michigan by 11 am tomorrow. We've taken care of all the errands, have stocked the larder and we're settling in till late tomorrow.

Our next cruise is in January on the Koningsdam and we are already super excited. With today's weather we may go to Ft. Lauderdale a seek early.

Debbie