royal princess disembark port everglades

purplejrw

If you do self disembarkation and customs is adequately staffed, you should be fine. However, you have absolutely no wiggle room. Good luck, way too early for my taste!

There have been reports from other cruisers within the past few weeks of some significant delays in disembarkations, hopefully you won't experience this. We did self disembarkation a few weeks ago in Port Everglades and it was a breeze.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Yes you can make it! Made a Delta 0740 out of FLL two weeks ago off the Royal.

Very important, ask for group A walk-off passes at the pursers desk. You meet at club 6 and should be off the ship by 06:30 and in the cab by 6:35. If your in the first group off, customs should not be a problem. The Royal is usually along side by 5:45 in Port Everglades but two weeks ago it was a little late about 06:20 but we were still off at 06:30. A 09:15 flight is very doable.

Things can go wrong and I only recommend super early flights for those who have flexible no penalty flight accommodations.

Edited by Todd320
spelling

Very important, ask for group A walk-off passes at the pursers desk. You meet at club 6 and should be off the ship by 06:30 and in the cab by 6:35. If your in the first group off, customs should not be a problem. The Royal is usually along side by 5:45 in Port Everglades but two weeks ago it was a little late about 06:20 but we were still off at 06:30. A 09:15 flight is very doable.

Things can go wrong and I only recommend super early flights for those who have flexible no penalty flight accommodations.

I think that is the key.:D

I may start another thread since this is a bit off topic. And maybe the answer is obvious, but here goes:

Is the wait through customs longer when more ships are in port? I ask this since I thought each ship goes through its own "dock." i.e. one dock per ship. So why would it matter if there are multiple ships in port? Or does customs just not staff enough for all the docks? So, the number of agents varies depending upon the total port load? I would think it's ship dependent.:confused: My interest is that we're disembarking on a very busy day.. and no hurry to get off, but I don't want to stand in customs line for a long time. If so, we'll likely to self disembark.

WOW!!!!!! Good for you. I wouldn't even try. I had a 11:10 flight out of FLL and was worried. It was on a Monday and I made it with on problem. No other ships in that day so going through customs was fast."as I said before good luck".

Tony

We got off the Emerald on the 10th of this month. We had 11:30AM flights and I was spooked we wouldn't make that!

There were 5 ships in port that morning. The Royal got dock 2. We were close by but not the same. . .

We were in the first walk off group. We had to wait almost 45 minutes before the scheduled 7:15AM call was made to disembark. It took about 30 minutes to wind with the ever growing line through dining room, around elevators, to get off the one gangplank open. Then there were only three total custom folks to get you through. The line moved fast but that took at least another 20 minutes. I don't know if the other ships were having troubles like this one.

If this were to happen on the day you come back, I don't think you will make it! Good luck!

Keep in mind that the Ft. Lauderdale area is a very popular tourist spot. It's not just cruise passengers flying home. There can be very long lines going through Security which is also dependent on the number of agents available. I sure wouldn't attempt a 9:30am flight no matter what anyone says that it's doable. We've booked an afternoon flight after our Royal cruise in April as we don't want to stress out.

Ships arrives at 6:00am port everglades> We have a 9:30am Flight! We are doing the self disembark! Can we make it???

We do the walkoff and have always been sitting in the airport by 8:00.I would rather take the chance of missing the flight than sit in the airport all day.Just our personal experience.

We do the walkoff and have always been sitting in the airport by 8:00.I would rather take the chance of missing the flight than sit in the airport all day.Just our personal experience.

I agree with you. I have seen a hamburger go flying by my head in the gate area, a couple having a domestic. I have seen a gate agent make a PA saying no peanuts on the flight due to a passengers food allergy but then some people started booing. Then the mother stood up and started yelling "thats my child". What a zoo!

Of course afternoon flights are the safest course of action but for those who have flexible flight reservations it nice to get out of dodge earlier rather than later.

My wife and I were on the Royal and got off Feb 15, which was a Monday. There were 3 Princess ships in FLL that day. We were scheduled off at 0915 and got off at 0910. No hang-ups getting off. Immigration was satisfactory with about a 10 minute wait even with 3 ships in port.

My wife and I were on the Royal and got off Feb 15, which was a Monday. There were 3 Princess ships in FLL that day. We were scheduled off at 0915 and got off at 0910. No hang-ups getting off. Immigration was satisfactory with about a 10 minute wait even with 3 ships in port.

Murphy's law applies here, because you didn't have a flight to catch, you had no hiccups, if you did have one to catch, you would have been delayed.:p

I could have copied in several misinformed posts here. Wish I was on CC and had seen this post earlier. Have some of you people actually cruised out of PE this season?

Princess had changed arrival times from 7:00am to 6:00am at the end of cruises. Walk-offs are scheduled shortly after 6:00am now - and it happens.

Posters talking about getting off after 7am are out of date. You can subtract a whole hour off what it used to be. No doubt this is an effort to allow more folks to catch earlier flights and spread out the demand for flights from FLL. I have no idea if other lines are doing similar arrival changes. Princess has changed their official allowed earliest departure time if booking with EZ Air from 11:30am to 10:30am.

If you have only carry-on bags, and Global Entry, you can be off the ship lickity-split. Even if you roll off your own check-in bags.

If you have a way to quickly deposit any checked bags at the airport and have priority TSA access, an early flight is entirely doable.

The only thing to thwart you would be an unexpected ship schedule issue that results in a delayed arrival. And those are pretty rare at PE. So it's up to you.

Edited by steelers36

The Royal has had a 6:00 AM arrival posted since at least October which we have done three times this season. with one more to go in March

However, next week on our Emerald cruise it still posts a 7:00 AM arrival. We'l have to get a pulse on whats really happening to see if we want to try to catch a early flight. Our plan is always if we cannot walk off by a certain time to catch our flight then we head to the horizon court for a long breakfast and catch a later flight.

Bring your Global Entry card. You will need it to get into the GE line, that is a recent change that we have exprienced.

Edited by Todd320

Actually there were six ships in FLL that morning. The Royal, the Emerald, the Coral, a Holland America ship, a Costa ship, and a Royal Caribbean ship

We were in the 8:15 group and were off the ship by 8:10, through customs within 15 minutes (wife is handicapped so line was shorter), and in our car driving out of the terminal by 8:35.