Ruby: Caribe C504: worth the $100 more?

Flafun888

Hi all: will be booking either Ruby B504 (deck 11) or C504 (deck 10 caribe) in next day or so. Just wanted to doublecheck that I'm not overlooking any potential problems - has anyone stayed in either one? Wondering:

1. Any obstructions or compromises re: balcony views? I researched one cabin review website, but no info on this particular location.

2. Is Caribe worth extra $100? I always see Caribe recommended and know deck is partially covered and there's a bit more room. Just the 2 of us, so more space isn't a big deal.

(I know it's near elevators which could have noise - I'll take my chances with that.) Thanks for any other feedback.:D

For only $100 difference I would be jumping on it ASAP, before someone else grabs it!!

Baja deck (11) is fine, but Caribe deck is better. Having a larger half-covered/half-uncovered balcony that gives you the option of sitting in the sun or the shade without leaving the comfort of your balcony would make the decision for me.

NO obstructions to the views from your balcony for either deck.

Noise related to being near the elevators should be no problem. Occasionally you might hear the voices of people as they walk past your cabin door, but that's rare.

For sure, Caribe is the way to go. You won't be disappointed. And for 100 dollars difference, book it now!!!!!!

Caribe balconies are half covered and half uncovered so you can take shelter from the sun. They are wonderfully large by comparison. I have even asked the cabin steward to bring in a reclining lounge chair. However, they will not remove the other furniture but it is so worth it.

We spend a lot of time on our balcony so for us I wouldnt think twice. The extra space on the balcony- plus the fact that it is half covered ( so you have shade or rain protection depending on what Mother Nature dishes out) make these cabins very attractive.

Thanks everyone! Just paid the deposit on that Caribe location this afternoon. I really appreciate all the feedback - felt much more confident booking it thanks to you. :):) (It'll be our 2nd time on Princess - our first was the Grand last year - and this will also be our very first Alaska voyage.) Starting to get excited even though it's not until next year!

Thanks everyone! Just paid the deposit on that Caribe location this afternoon. I really appreciate all the feedback - felt much more confident booking it thanks to you. :):) (It'll be our 2nd time on Princess - our first was the Grand last year - and this will also be our very first Alaska voyage.) Starting to get excited even though it's not until next year!

Glad you got a Caribe balcony. :)

The only problem you are going to have is that once you experience a caribe balcony, you will always want one. Have a great cruise.

Edited by lolane1
Auto correct problem

Congrats! You made a great choice.

great choice. Alaska is a place you really want to spent time on the balcony with binoculars.. If the weather is misty or rainy the partially covered balcony will be a big plus!

I only wish I could book the Caribe aft cabin that overlooks the wake. That would be amazing - and cheaper to boot! But I have to stick with midship, since my DH tends towards seasickness. He does just fine at midship. But even though he'll have patch and bonine, figure why take chances. Maybe someday though.;) For now, just happy to be booked. Thanks again for confirming my choice. Really helped.

Edited by Flafun888

Great choice. I had that cabin last Sept. I loved the location and of course the extended balcony. We did balcony dining one night and had plenty of room. We didn't experience any noise. We always choose to be close to elevators and stairs for convenience. Have fun. Cheers

I only wish I could book the Caribe aft cabin that overlooks the wake. That would be amazing - and cheaper to boot! But I have to stick with midship, since my DH tends towards seasickness. He does just fine at midship. But even though he'll have patch and bonine, figure why take chances. Maybe someday though.;) For now, just happy to be booked. Thanks again for confirming my choice. Really helped.

If the aft is cheaper I would go for that. I never notice any more movement in the back.

One of our favorite things is to have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner when we have a big occasion to celebrate. The extra room on the Caribe Deck balcony is great for that. We managed when we had a Baja Deck balcony, but it wasn't as good.

My wife and I love the true aft cabins, the wake, view and privacy are fantastic. However they are considered premium balconies and as such are actually more expensive than a normal caribe cabin. To us it's well worth it though, if you can find one available. Happy Cruising.

My wife and I love the true aft cabins, the wake, view and privacy are fantastic. However they are considered premium balconies and as such are actually more expensive than a normal caribe cabin. To us it's well worth it though, if you can find one available. Happy Cruising.

Thanks for posting. Actually the one I booked (mid aft) was labeled "premium" as well and cost more than C752 or C753 at each aft corner. Are those the "true aft" cabins you're referring to? Or are you talking about the suites? Thanks!