Poll- Did you book any Oasis Class Just released Sailings?

Did you Book any of the newly released Oasis Class ship sailings  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Did you Book any of the newly released Oasis Class ship sailings

• Yes
    • Yes but will likely cancel if prices don't come down
    • No

Just curious with all the talk about the prices on the new Oasis, Allure and Harmony sailing how many folks actually went ahead and booked one of the newly release 2017/2018 sailings. Thanks

Edited by molly361

For something different, I booked Liberty in December 2017 for its itinerary. But I really liked the short Oasis class trips I've previously taken, so I did look and almost did place a reservation for a December Oasis cruise. Ultimately, who knows if I will even go on the one I do have reserved as I will already have taken a cruise earlier in 2017; really depends on what other vacations I plan for the year.

We booked OA for Sept. '17 in a JS for a bit less than $1500 apiece.

I thought Sept prices would be lower but pricing OV balcony cabins (Eastern) the prices are the same from Sept thru Feb 2017. I think there might have been 1 sailing priced lower the beginning of December

Edited by molly361

Hi Dick!! I hope you and Beth are doing well

And a big HI to Ellen & Dan. Everyone healthy?

Yes, we are doing OK, our 39th Anniversary cruise on the Brilliance is next month. And we have the RS scheduled for April 2017 on the Brilliance too, our 40th anniversary.

Researched Oasis for our 41st, but will wait to see if prices come down.

I was hoping to book Harmony of the Seas for our March 2018 spring break cruise, but the pricing was too high.

We "settled" (ha!) on Oasis of the Seas instead, and I booked a Central Park balcony cabin for about $940/person, including the Diamond balcony discount.

Yes, but the prices are surprisingly high. We usually book far in advance to get good pricing but I see the same date sailings for 2016 are the same price. No benefit in booking early other than choice of room. Hoping they come down some or we will just be eating in the main dining room all week instead of booking specialty dining.

When the previous round of Harmony sailings came out, they were surprisingly cheap. (I got $1600 per cabin for a Boardwalk balcony in Feb. 2017) They must have been selling way too quickly at that price because in no time RC had jacked up the prices significantly, and they've staying high ever since. Including these new sailings.

But, if people are buying, you can't blame them for charging that much. It just comes down to deciding whether it's worth it to you at these prices. (Or try waiting it out in hopes prices come down, but I'm not optimistic)

When the previous round of Harmony sailings came out, they were surprisingly cheap. (I got $1600 per cabin for a Boardwalk balcony in Feb. 2017) They must have been selling way too quickly at that price because in no time RC had jacked up the prices significantly, and they've staying high ever since. Including these new sailings.

But, if people are buying, you can't blame them for charging that much. It just comes down to deciding whether it's worth it to you at these prices. (Or try waiting it out in hopes prices come down, but I'm not optimistic)

When the Harmony sailings first came out they were excluded from the BOGO pricing. When they were allowed to be booked using BOGO RCL did not inflate the prices like they did with other ships and sailings. If I remember correctly they caught it within a week or so and raised prices accordingly

When the Harmony sailings first came out they were excluded from the BOGO pricing. When they were allowed to be booked using BOGO RCL did not inflate the prices like they did with other ships and sailings. If I remember correctly they caught it within a week or so and raised prices accordingly

Yup - went from an interior studio to a balcony for maybe $200 more. All thanks to Cruise Critic alerting me to the pricing deals. Didn't last long at all.

I will book this class when I can get a GS for under 2,000 a person for a 7 day cruise, like we can with all classes smaller

Just saw October 2, 2016 Allure Grand Suite $2002 pp before balcony discount. I paid more than that for my upcoming GS on Freedom.

Edited by Big_G

Paid less than $3,000 for a junior suite for October 2017 on Oasis. :cool:

Is that good for a JS?? I saw prices for a JS around $1500 pp, thought that sounded high to me, maybe not??

Edited by molly361

Just saw October 2, 2016 Allure Grand Suite $2002 pp before balcony discount. I paid more than that for my upcoming GS on Freedom.

Not a time I would want to go but that is a good price, we paid 1600 last year for Navigator and paying same for Liberty both in GS at end of April, that is with diamond discount, I need to do some research want to book a couple of cruises when we are on Liberty