Poll- Did you book any Oasis Class Just released Sailings?

Did you Book any of the newly released Oasis Class ship sailings  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Did you Book any of the newly released Oasis Class ship sailings

• Yes
    • Yes but will likely cancel if prices don't come down
    • No

I booked Allure for May 2017, simply because I needed two staterooms together and I knew which ones I wanted. I'm not thrilled with the prices. I'm hopeful that higher prices will lead to higher quality, but I'm afraid that won't be the case. I'm fine paying higher prices if they are providing a product that was worth it, but I don't know that the product that they are providing today is worth the prices I reserved for 2017.

Time will tell if we keep these bookings. For reference, I'm paying the same for a D2 balcony as I paid for a JS on the same sailing about a year and a half ago.

Booked the following on the Oasis of the Seas.

Sept. 03, 2017

October 15, 2017

Jan. 21, 2018

April 15, 2018.

Nice to have this ship just 34 miles from our home.

Prices were much better then the Allure or Harmony for these dates.

Booked the following on the Oasis of the Seas.

Sept. 03, 2017

October 15, 2017

Jan. 21, 2018

April 15, 2018.

Nice to have this ship just 34 miles from our home.

Prices were much better then the Allure or Harmony for these dates.

At first I thought that they were getting more for the OA since she would be sailing out of PC but then I saw that the prices for Allure and Harmony were pretty comparable.

We have sailed on the Freedom of the Seas the past two summers (August), and are sailing again this August. With my daughter being a teacher, we are --- again --- limited by the school calendar. Here are some comparison prices:

-- same ship, same week of the year, same occupancy, same cabin type:

Freedom of the Seas - 8/10/2014 - JS - triple - $4054, with $340 OBC - booked 11 months prior

Freedom of the Seas - 8/9/2015 - JS - triple - $4187, with $310 OBC + a few other things - booked 12 months prior

Freedom of the Seas - 8/7/2016 - JS - triple - $4492, with $355 OBC - booked 16 months prior

Now here is the Oasis, same week, same cabin type, same occupancy:

Oasis of the Seas - 8/6/2017 - JS - triple - $5529, with $405 OBC -- NOT booked now 17 months prior.

Can't justify $1000 more per cabin, and there are at least two.

All three of the FOS sailings either did, or have, increased substantially since we booked. I suspect the same will happen with the OOS, especially given the very limited summer sailings.

I have also priced some January 2018 OOS sailings, for two -- possibly for a retirement celebration cruise for DW and I --- those prices are more reasonable, although I m sure they are more then the FOS was in comparable January's.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

We have sailed on the Freedom of the Seas the past two summers (August), and are sailing again this August. With my daughter being a teacher, we are --- again --- limited by the school calendar. Here are some comparison prices:

-- same ship, same week of the year, same occupancy, same cabin type:

Freedom of the Seas - 8/10/2014 - JS - triple - $4054, with $340 OBC - booked 11 months prior

Freedom of the Seas - 8/9/2015 - JS - triple - $4187, with $310 OBC + a few other things - booked 12 months prior

Freedom of the Seas - 8/7/2016 - JS - triple - $4492, with $355 OBC - booked 16 months prior

Now here is the Oasis, same week, same cabin type, same occupancy:

Oasis of the Seas - 8/6/2017 - JS - triple - $5529, with $405 OBC -- NOT booked now 17 months prior.

Can't justify $1000 more per cabin, and there are at least two.

All three of the FOS sailings either did, or have, increased substantially since we booked. I suspect the same will happen with the OOS, especially given the very limited summer sailings.

I have also priced some January 2018 OOS sailings, for two -- possibly for a retirement celebration cruise for DW and I --- those prices are more reasonable, although I m sure they are more then the FOS was in comparable January's.

mac_tlc

I am curious to see the pricing on the Freedom as well

Booked 6 JS, and 3 Insides for September, October and November. JS were all around 3 grand with tips, and the insides were around $1,300 for solo pricing. Harmony was to high. Will wait awhile.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Booked 6 JS, and 3 Insides for September, October and November. JS were all around 3 grand with tips, and the insides were around $1,300 for solo pricing. Harmony was to high. Will wait awhile.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Is that a good price for a JS?

All I know if the OV balconies around that time frame are around $2100 total or around $300 per day which is a lot more than we paid for that class for that time of year in the past.

Is that a good price for a JS?

All I know if the OV balconies around that time frame are around $2100 total or around $300 per day which is a lot more than we paid for that class for that time of year in the past.

I thought it was. Currently on Freedom @$2000 for a JS. But that was a great price. My target for these was 3K, so I'm happy. Plus we got the same deck 8 hump for all 3 B2B's

While on a back2back Oasis cruise I just booked 3 Allure and 4 oasis sailings....already had 2 Allure, 2 Oasis and 6 Harmony booked. We really like the Oasis class ships.

Coastal Kitchen and the Suites Lounge draws us to these ships. We are also fans of the Anthem.

Edited by beachnative

At first I thought that they were getting more for the OA since she would be sailing out of PC but then I saw that the prices for Allure and Harmony were pretty comparable.

I also thought the Oasis would be more expensive. When I checked the weeks we wanted to cruise on a Oasis Class ship I found the Oasis to have the best prices.

Including our Diamond Plus discount and adding RCI insurance I found the Oasis to be the lower priced for the two of us.

Sept. 3,2017 $2381 lower

Oct. 15, 2017 $867 lower

Jan. 21,2018 $1197 lower

April 15, 2018 $1221 lower

I want to take a Oasis class ship, not sure if I will next year, compared GS with Allure and Liberty for the 2 weeks we want one week is 500 more a person other week in 1000 more a person on Allure, plus air would be more. Will book on Liberty so I will see how Liberty is 1st.

no, let them book the oasis so other ships become less popular.

2 years ago I didn't know about the iPhone 6 plus and we were no aware of it, why should I have it now and pay that much when in 2 years will be cheaper. same with a cruise :cool:

NOTE: All prices shown include taxes & port fees, but not gratuities.

November 2012 - my first cruise on the Oasis. We had connecting D2 ocean view balconies - the choice of my wheelchair-bound son-in-law, who spent the bulk of his time out on the accessible balcony. (I shared the adjoining cabin with my grandson.) This was in November 2012, and I believe we paid $3,000 per cabin.

My next trip on the Oasis was in November 2013 with my other daughter, and we shared an Interior for $1,672

In February 2015 the family sailed on the Oasis again in the connecting ocean balconies at $3,094/cabin.

While on board, I reserved a Central Park balcony for my younger daughter and myself - for this past February 2016 at $2211. That was $540 more than the Interior we had in 2013, but $300 in OBC made it only $240 more, and I thought that was a bargain.

Getting off at the end of this last cruise was a little easier, because I had already booked a Central Park balcony for the two of us on the Harmony for February 2017. I was one of those fortunate enough to book when the sailings were first available. The cost was the lowest booking I had ever made - at $1598. We loved our Central Park balcony on the Oasis this year, and are looking forward to the same class on the Harmony next year. Besides all the new features of the Harmony, I had gotten tired of the same shows on the Oasis. Seeing Hans Christian Anderson on Ice 4 times, was a little much, but it was only twice for my companion(s) so, of course, I joined them.

Soon after we got home, I started thinking about adding a 2018 reservation on the Harmony. Looking back, I saw that our Ocean balcony cabins were our most expensive, at around $3,000 each. Next came this year's CP balcony at $2211, which was only $240 more than our Interior, so I had a pretty good idea how much a "reasonable" price on the Harmony might be, and I started watching for 2018 sailings to open. (Flying to FLL to spend a week in the sun - in the middle of our Virginia winter - gave us a break to tide us over until spring.)

When the new sailings opened last week, I decided to go ahead and book my daughter's and my first ever back-to-back - for February 2018. I decided to bite the bullet and take a chance that we will both be available and healthy (a concern for me, as I am in my late 70s, and currently using a walker due to a hard fall).

The biggest factor for booking early, was choice of cabins - Central Park near the aft elevators, and being able to get the same cabin for both weeks. Except for coming up with two deposits now, I won't be risking losing any money. After all, I will have a year and a half to cancel one or both weeks for a full refund, and I will keep a constant watch for any price drops between now and then.

Feb. 3-10, 2018 is $2,374, and Feb. 10-17 is $2,616. Those prices are still almost $1,000 less than the two times we had the Ocean balcony cabins, and I quite prefer a balcony over Central Park. I have enough in my hard-earned vacation fund to cover everything that is booked now, and who knows how much longer I will be able/eager to cruise. Treating my daughter only costs me the extra air fare, and having her as my cruise companion is worth WAY more than that.

P.S. I made the 2018 bookings on Thursday. Friday evening I saw a new RCCL ad, offering $50 OBC. It describes it as being used toward an excursion, but I don't think they'll stick to that. Anyway, I called on Saturday, and was able to get the $50 added to each week's booking. Not a lot, but it will help to pay for Internet access. :)

Edited by Grandma Petania